Krdshrk

Not only do we have to deal with Zombies.... But now....

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/03/2-people-dead-after-swarms-venomous-spiders-invade-indian-town/

A town in India has suddenly been overrun by swarms of venomous spiders, leaving two people dead after being bitten.

It may sound like a B-grade horror movie, but residents of the town of Sadiya, in Assam state, say that on the evening of May 8 as they were celebrating a Hindu festival swarms of spiders suddenly appeared and attacked them, The Times of India reported.

Over the next few days two people -- a man, Purnakanta Buragohain, and an unnamed school boy -- died after being bitten by the spiders. Scores more turned up at the town's hospital with spider bites.

Local resident Jintu Gogoi spent a day in the hospital complaining of excruciating pain and nausea after being bitten. He said weeks later his finger was still blackened and swollen.

District authorities are also panicking -- and they are considering spraying the town with the insecticide DDT.

Locals say the most terrifying aspect is that spiders appear in swarms and their behavior is highly aggressive.

"It leaps at anything that comes close. Some of the victims claimed the spider latched on to them after biting. If that is so, it needs to be dealt with carefully. The chelicerae and fangs of this critter are quite powerful," head of the department of life sciences at Dibrugarh University Dr. L.R. Saikia said.

Teams of Indian arachnid experts have flocked to the town, hoping to identify the species, but so far they have drawn a blank.

They say it could be a tarantula, a black wishbone or even a funnel-web spider -- or it could be a whole new species.

One thing they agree on is that it is not native to the area as there is no record of venomous spiders in Assam. The black wishbone and funnel-web are native to Australia.

Researchers are also still running tests to find out the toxicity of the spiders' venom.

Dr. Anil Phatowali, superintendent of the town's hospital, said they had not administered antivenin as they could not be certain the spider was venomous at all.

He also pointed out other factors may have contributed to the two reported fatalities.

"All the bite patients first went to witch doctors, who cut open their wounds with razors, drained out blood and burnt it. That could have also made them sick," Phatowali said.

A swarming aggressive jumping spider that latches onto you while it sinks its fangs deep into your skin in order to pump its poison into you. Would make a good bio-weapon, maybe this village is the testing grounds.

A swarming aggressive jumping spider that latches onto you while it sinks its fangs deep into your skin in order to pump its poison into you. Would make a good bio-weapon, maybe this village is the testing grounds.

Maybe that's the delivery method for the zombie plaque.

Zombies, I can deal with. Threat of bio terror weapons, yeah I can cope with that threat, nuclear destruction? Sure! Why not! But small venomous spiders? No. Hell No. F that noise. Screw spiders.

I like small spiders, I usually let the outside, and don't kill them.

However, anything bigger than an inch or so, and I'm terrified. Of course, I would never go to India anyway because they have, in abundance, another creature which I am absolutely terrified of, and scream like a little girl when I see one...

...Cockroaches.

LOL, When I was at the house in AZ I made the mistake one time and I brought one of the pool towels into the house. The rule is outside towels stay outside, inside towels stay inside except the pool ones go directly to the washer without delay when you need to wash them. There is a reason for this out there and a good practice to keep and not deviate from.

Now here is why, the picture below is what woke me up, in turn I woke the wife up and told her to get out of bed ASAP, still groggy she said no and while I would have liked to explain the situation, I felt it better to just tell her very strongly and loudly to GTF out of the bed now then explain the situation at that time.

The picture below is what was crawling on my leg, being it was semi dark I thought it was a Scorpion, luckily it was only a Sun Spider but still not my chosen method of being woken up.

creaturekirkhart03.jpg

Actually, all jokes aside, I have cave crickets (Picture below) in my basement. I used to use my bolt action airsoft gun to pop 'em. I'd throw a bb, or a penny or something down to get them moving, then try and pick them off.

http://desudesudesu.org/images/uploads/771227256905.jpg

LOL, When I was at the house in AZ I made the mistake one time and I brought one of the pool towels into the house. The rule is outside towels stay outside, inside towels stay inside except the pool ones go directly to the washer without delay when you need to wash them. There is a reason for this out there and a good practice to keep and not deviate from.

Now here is why, the picture below is what woke me up, in turn I woke the wife up and told her to get out of bed ASAP, still groggy she said no and while I would have liked to explain the situation, I felt it better to just tell her very strongly and loudly to GTF out of the bed now then explain the situation at that time.

The picture below is what was crawling on my leg, being it was semi dark I thought it was a Scorpion, luckily it was only a Sun Spider but still not my chosen method of being woken up.

creaturekirkhart03.jpg

Places to move to:

ARIZONA

Texas

Vermont

New Hapshire

Actually, all jokes aside, I have cave crickets (Picture below) in my basement. I used to use my bolt action airsoft gun to pop 'em. I'd throw a bb, or a penny or something down to get them moving, then try and pick them off.

http://desudesudesu....71227256905.jpg

Spider cricket, yikes

When I lived in AZ I always struggled to remember to turn my shoes up side down and knock them together before putting them on.

I had the cave crickets when I lived in Hillsborough. First time I saw one I was sitting on the couch and it crawled over my shoulder. Scared the shit out of me.

Yes, I came home once to find those spider/cave crickets in my shower. I hate those **@ers. I think they eat each other if one dies. They have the speed of a green darner dragonfly and the agility of a shetland sheepdog, not to mention are as aggressive as a honey badger. Ugh!

Once at my parents lake house in Maine I was woken up by my younger sister who said she couldn't go to bed because there was a giant spider on the stairs in the way. Even though I am arachnophobia, I figured how big could it be? Walked over to check it out and...holy #*it! The thing was massive. With the help of a cooking pot and my now awaken mother, we were able to capture the beast. As I had no time to waste, I threw the thing out the nearest window. I hope the spider made it out with the pot. Couldn't see, it was dark, but the pot definitely made it out the window.

If I was to ever find out my town was infested by swarms of poisonous spiders, I would leave and never come back. I'd have to burn my clothes and ditch my car in a river in case any of the killers managed to hitch a ride. I suppose I would eventually start a whole new life somewhere else, like Tennessee. Maybe change my name, be the foreigner who marries a local beauty, and start a business teaching the locals how to speak English with the assistance from my new wife. It could be interesting.

Yes, I came home once to find those spider/cave crickets in my shower. I hate those **@ers. I think they eat each other if one dies. They have the speed of a green darner dragonfly and the agility of a shetland sheepdog, not to mention are as aggressive as a honey badger. Ugh!

I think that's how I became a decent shot, it isn't easy picking those things off with a bb gun XD.

Actually, a pretty easy way to kill them is to put down duct tape. They eat the glue, but they get stuck there, and can't get off, and yes, they will eat their own kind if you kill them. More than a few times I'd shoot one with an airsoft gun, leave it there, and then pick off the ones that went to feast on the remains.

Coincidentally, my friend and I gave them a viking funeral once, except I'm pretty sure they were still alive haha. I hate those damn crickets, though honestly I'm starting to get used to them. I LOVE the stink bugs though, they don't bother me at all.

http://desudesudesu....71227256905.jpg

I take your cave crickets and sun spiders, sirs, and raise you with a story about big-a** cave spiders! LOL.

I was cave diving in Mexico a few years ago, and the guide I was diving with took us into an air pocket in an underground cavern. We surfaced into the cavern and it was of course pitch black dark... we pointed our dive lights onto the ceiling of the little cavern (which was only about 2 or 3 feet over our faces) and the ceiling was crawling with giant cave spiders!!! I almost shit in my drysuit, as I'm not a big fan of spiders!!! LOL! I told the guy "FUGG this, let's get back underwater NOW!!!" The guy was cracking up laughing and I thought to myself, this guy is NUTS!