woodentoe

Dicks says Nj has ammo limit

Weeknight ammo purchase brought me to dicks in Woodbridge. Ammo put in an alarm box to the register. Sales guy and I were chatting about online ammo deals and tells me that Nj law says you can't own more thN 500 rounds of any caliber.

That's a first.

Where is this law in NJ? I wouldn't doubt it, honestly, but I think that's bs, I'm CERTAIN if something like that were proposed, the NRA would be all over it, just kidding.

NJ2AS, in all honesty, probably would have caught wind though.

I said no. He assured me. I shrugged. Then he was telling me that he used to get 1k of .223 for xx amount. He felt funny buying so much ammo but the deal was too good...blahblahblah

Then I had to bring my cased ammo to the cashier, give my NJFID again and affirm that I'm a us citizen, give my DOB to her.

I only argue last minute realized that I mistakenly gave her my gun club ID card instead of my NJFID. I apologized and she said oh no problem. I was wondering why the numbers were shorter.

WTF? Lol

Sales guy and I were chatting about online ammo deals and tells me that Nj law says you can't own more thN 500 rounds of any caliber.

Well, at least 3 times I've bought 6 cases of 12ga shotgun shells.

That's 6 x 10 X 25 = 1500 12ga shells each time, so at least they didn't worry about that.

I'm almost out of shells, too....

I'm still exhausted from the last thread I got passionate about. Dick's got a visit from the NJSP and possibly the BATFE. Maybe the paperwork didn't add-up and now there coming-out with their own CYA rules?

Dave

Oh dear. I had no idea. I better go shooting tomorrow just to get my round count within the law...

"Sorry I can't go your your mother's house tomorrow, honey. I really have to go to the range, trust me. It's very important."

Not all of their employees are that clueless, right Henry?

I love it when Henry pushed the cart for me with 10 cases of shotgun ammo in it. I know it far outweighs him! :)

So, that would be 2500 rounds of 12g shells, guess we were over the limit............