bulpup

FLA CCW stops robbery attempt

You are all gonna jump on me, but IMHO that shoot turned bad after the second shot.

Its wrong to keep shooting someone who is running away from you, on the ground, and especially running out the door. The running out the door shot was also irresponsible because he could have injured someone in the street.

If he had learned to shoot and carried a .45 ultralite instead of that pussy 380, it would have been over with 1 shot.

But all-in-all. July 13 was a good day for CCW rights in FL.

You are all gonna jump on me, but IMHO that shoot turned bad after the second shot.

Its wrong to keep shooting someone who is running away from you, on the ground, and especially running out the door.

It certainly likes like the old guy wants a kill.

I look at it as keeping the initiative, IMHO. Just because a guy turns his back to run doesn't mean he won't turn back - from cover - and return fire.

He certainly got overcome by the stress of it. more like pointing than aiming. And he failed to immediately find any adequate cover before shooting....against two armed assailants. Brave, dumb and lucky. This isn't to say I'd not have been shitting my britches too. What is it they say, it's better to be lucky than smart?

Its wrong to keep shooting someone who is running away from you, on the ground, and especially running out the door. The running out the door shot was also irresponsible because he could have injured someone in the street.

Would agree but the mind set would be. I feared for everyones life. It looked as he was getting down to retreive his firearm that I thought he had dropped so I continued to shoot. After they exited the building, there was no longer a threat. I did not pursue and stayed inside. Of course he is liable for any damage to others. Your life isn't a guessing game of what a criminal is going to do next.

I look at it as keeping the initiative, IMHO. Just because a guy turns his back to run doesn't mean he won't turn back - from cover - and return fire.

Scratch that - found more, better info:

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120714/ARTICLES/120719763/0/news

Not long afterward, deputies got a call about two men at a Marion Oaks residence who were telling people there that they had been shot while at Scott Carrigan Baseball Park on Southeast 17th Street in Ocala. Police Department officers went to the ball field but found no evidence of a shooting there, according to sheriff's officials.

The two men were transported — one by helicopter — to Shands at the University of Florida in Gainesville. The Sheriff's Office identified them as Davis G. Dawkins and Duwayne Henderson, both 19. Dawkins has a Dunnellon address. His alleged accomplice has an Ocala address, officials said.

Dawkins had a superficial wound in his left arm, but Henderson was shot in two places: his left buttock and his right hip.

Good that it all worked out okay. However, it was kind of reckless to get up and start shooting with all those people around. If the bad guys started shooting back its very likely someone would have been hit. Yes, it would have been the bad guys fault but would you want to live with the fact an innocent person is dead from a bullet meant for you?

I realize to some this is a CCWers "dream", take out the bad guys during a robbery and be the hero. Sometimes the best thing is to do is draw and start shooting. I don't think this was one of them. Moreso, dealing with two cretins.

Old guys can move pretty good because we have learned how to conserve our energy.

Its great that everything worked out okay but this video is not an example of how to do things.

Good that it all worked out okay. However, it was kind of reckless to get up and start shooting with all those people around. If the bad guys started shooting back its very likely someone would have been hit. Yes, it would have been the bad guys fault but would you want to live with the fact an innocent person is dead from a bullet meant for you?

I realize to some this is a CCWers "dream", take out the bad guys during a robbery and be the hero. Sometimes the best thing is to do is draw and start shooting. I don't think this was one of them. Moreso, dealing with two cretins.

Old guys can move pretty good because we have learned how to conserve our energy.

Its great that everything worked out okay but this video is not an example of how to do things.

Excellent monday morning quarterbacking Griz.

Criminals, in general, are cowards. Look how shitbag #2 ran over shitbag #1 to get out the door. No honor among thieves. Their motto is "Every man for himself, every man left behind, me first." That's why they fit in society so well today.

Excellent monday morning quarterbacking Griz.

Criminals, in general, are cowards. Look how shitbag #2 ran over shitbag #1 to get out the door. No honor among thieves. Their motto is "Every man for himself, every man left behind, me first." That's why they fit in society so well today.

Yes it is but doing an after action is how we learn to do things better. However, if you don't critique an operation you'll be condemned to repeating any mistakes you've made. The Army (and a lot of LE agencies) has required an after action critique. What you did right, what you did wrong, what to sustain, and what you need to improve. You also have to be truthful to yourself and admit what you did wrong or could have done better. I've made mistakes and admitted them and I've seen Generals admit mistakes. I made lieutenant colonel but I made a lot of mistakes getting there. Don't know anyone who hasn't. "Only a fool learns by their own mistakes, I learn by the mistakes of others", is credited to Bismarck and others.

I spent over 30 years as a LEO. I don't know if I would make a blanket statement about criminals being cowards. LEOs get in all kinds of fights with criminals on a regular basis. Even those that may be cowards can decide to fight if cornered.

yea on another note... 2 days ago some guy goes to a bar with an AR type gun and opens fire and injures 17 people....

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=16793102

good to see old man... sad to see this

Even worse was guy who shot up the bar wanted cops to come and shoot him, but changed his mind and ran away.

Brain defective piece of chicken s%&t either way.