Maksim

8/26 Old Bridge USPSA

Go anyway, you can probably get a walk on spot if you're early.

I was thinking of doing that Frank. The whole thing is that if I don't get in, then that's a wasted Sunday that I could have been out on the bike instead of the drive of shame going home. I guess it depends if my riding friends go out this Sunday or not....

We have not yet had to turn anyone away. not that it will never happen, but we always have a number of cancelations. To insure that you get a walk-on I strongly suggest arriving early and signing in, then work helping to build the match. Now, that said, show up at 9:31 and ****, well.....

Jim

USPSA for the most part is just as friendly as it is in here, plenty of people who are very helpful and the nice thing is the NJGF squad usually has a bunch of people who are certified RO's or should be RO's but just haven't taken the course.

Also while we are a friendly group remember the #1 rule, Be Safe, #2 rule, Be Safe, and #3, Take your time and be SAFE.

There will be a new to USPSA shooters briefing so you want to be at the match a little early so you DO NOT miss that.

Seems so, I shot once at the practice match Friday night at the indoor range, that was my first time ever and it was a blast. I was looking at taking that RO class as well, Im sure it doesnt hurt to have.

And new guy brings lunch and drinks for his squad.

Uspsa rule # 87 section 6 chapter 2

If only I could fit a cooler in my trunk, I can barley get a bookbag in there haha. Beverages is a possibility( non adult of course :popcorn: ). How many people are usually in said "squad"?

Ok, I'm cleared to go tomorrow and so that is the plan. I'm a walk on and will be there early to help set up.

I've got gear but want to check on a few things.

This will be my first outdoor event and I'm not familiar with the setup at the outdoor range at Old Bridge.. Do we have suffient time to get back and forth to the car to retrieve ammo, or do you guys carry around enough for the day, or at least for the stages shot prior to lunch?

Lunch? I figure to bring a sandwhich and am wondering if there time to get back to the car to grab it and/or water, or do you guys lug around enough of all this stuff (ammo/water/extra mags, etc) for the day?

I came across a wheeled laptop case in my basement and it can fit all of these things (ammo/water/lunch). If I use it should I expect a lot of pointing and laughing? At me?

It's OK. I anticipate some noobie hazing. lol

Thanks in advance.

Yes.... I just throw my bag on Frank's cart.... although I do push it for a few stages. =P If Frank is not around, Harry has one. Although I think Nick has one too now. =P

The perks of being squadded together. =P

I will be there tomorrow.

Dan, did you need to borrow my mags?

Dan, did you need to borrow my mags?

Hey Maks and all, hope you guys had a great time.

I made alternate plans with a friend to ride motorcycles when I saw the match was full (before I realized I could have walked on with a high probability of shooting). I didn't want to cancel on my friend and "be that guy".

Thanks for offering up the mags though. I did some work to mine with the dremel, along with a very good cleaning. They seem spot on and are working like yours now. I can pop the 10th last round out with my finger no problem. I also chambered full mags multiple times with an empty round without a single mishap. Hopefully that will do it! I plan on making Shongum this weekend.

Great fun today.

Shot in squad four with Norbert, Melissa, Alec, Crazy Mike, Dave, Chris and Team Bullseye Tactical, Dave....

I do admit, I'm tired. lol

Looking forward to the next one at CJRPC.

I must of been a busy bee! Shooting in 2 squads!

Kings, think you got me mixed up, I shot in the group with nick, Harry, Jon Futey and maksim

Kings, think you got me mixed up, I shot in the group with nick, Harry, Jon Futey and maksim

Don't forget Mikeythumbs and Col. Mortimer (Mike and Mike).

Alec - you win.... nothing, lol. Need 5 shooters in your class/division I think to win prize money. I topped out Production, D Class.... But there were only 3 shooters.

No, there was an Alec (or Alex I guess) in our squad. Russian accent, shooting a CZ. He was very helpful and offered a lot of good advice.

If you were the only guy shooting revolver and were in the squad with Max and the other, I'm the guy who bumped into you on Stage 7. Again, sorry about that. I'm not small to begin with and forget how wide the mag pouches make you. I puckered big when I realized I bumped your gun. Yikes...

Thanks.

I'm going to shoot the indoor .22 carbine match on Friday at Old Bridge and then either Steel or first Sunday Trap at CJRPC with my son on Sunday. Not sure I'll do 3 shooting events over the weekend.

If you signed-up to shoot the indoor PCC event this coming Friday you can use any pistol-caliber carbine, you are not limited to just a .22. I have used my Beretta .40 cal carbine for that event in the past.