Caine

Developing story - Shooting at Empire State Building

Here we go again...

Early reports say anywhere from 4-6 victims. Shooter is supposedly DOA.

http://newyork.cbslo...state-building/

http://www.myfoxny.c...-state-building

http://www.ny1.com/c...-state-building

Happened just after 9am, so not many details yet.

ETA: number of people shot changed to 8 now.

Yet another gun free zone success story! Didn't that ex-marine jeweler from Indiana just take a plea deal for trying to check his handgun in because he saw the "no firearms" sign there? Guess the sign really doesn’t work on criminals after all.

I'm on 30th and 7th and there are cops everywhere.

Always after the fact. More feel good tatics.

It too late for the defenseless law abiding citizens that got shot.

And now the city will spend millions in overtime to have 1500 cops standing around to put on a good show..

all these shootings... just right when the UN pushes a new world gun control order... and NYC has the toughest gun restrictions in the country... now watch mike moron bloomberg's another outburst about how HE needs to implement more anti-gun laws...

And now the city will spend millions in overtime to have 1500 cops standing around to put on a good show..

You're right and to be honest, I don't feel safe in Manhattan at all, ever. Even before 9/11 never felt safe here. Between the psychos they let walk around on the street and the herd mentality, NYC sucks. I'm glad I don't live in Manhattan.

Robbery gone bad?

Supposedly a workplace shooting. Early reports say gunman was fired yesterday. Attempted to enter building today but was denied access, so he waited outside for his boss.

ETA: Bloomberg just said he was fired a year ago?

ETA2: Some of the shooting victims may have been shot by police as they were trying to take down shooter.

Reports are that NYPD put a bullet in this guy and stopped him from doing any more damage. Let's not jump all over them until we know what went down. Even if CCW was allowed in NYC no guarantee someone with a gun would have been there, would have taken action, or would have succeeded.

Sad to say the least, especially while all the media and political hype is trying to drag down our rights. But one thing we need to know or I'm sure we'll find out is, was gun legally owned or illegal. If it was legally purchasd, Bloombutt will def have a field day with it.

In the mean time, they are screwing up me watching Jerry Springer... ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Reports are that NYPD put a bullet in this guy and stopped him from doing any more damage. Let's not jump all over them until we know what went down. Even if CCW was allowed in NYC no guarantee someone with a gun would have been there, would have taken action, or would have succeeded.

Yes, of course no way to tell if a CCW holder would have been able to help. But the fact is that Bloomberg and his cronies ensured that those unfortunate victims were unable to defend themselves from this attack.

I'm not jumping all over the cops, I'm directing my dissatisfaction towards the people running the city.

The point is not if a ccw would have made a difference, the point is that your right to self defense should not be denied by elitist politicians.

Looks like he shot a former co-worker and was walking away. When he was approached by NYPD, he pulled his weapon and a shootout with police followed. The additional 9 people injured were hit during the shootout. I wonder if they will release the numbers of people hit by Johnson and the number hit by NYPD?

Like ive said before there is always going to be shootings by disgruntled people they happen often enough , but when guns are hot in the media they are going to capitalize on every situation they can to add fuel to the ongoing fire. Doesnt matter if this happened in NYC or Podunk Arkansas its gonna happen. Im surprised the media didnt say he had a assault weapon.