le_boudin

.22 LR rifle???

hi fellas

looking for a bolt action in .22LR rifle... will appreciate if you could recommend a good shooter... i have several in mind:

cz 455(452/453) American vs Rem mod 5 vs ... mmm?????

any thoughts/recommendations are highly appreciated...

You can't miss with a Ruger 77/22. A used one in good shape would be very nice. On a budget, the Savage Mark II is pretty nice.

+1 for the Savage Mk II. Great rifle. Lovely heavy barrel. Gorgeous trigger. I have a Nikon 22 scope on mine and it's a perfect pair.

Good luck with whichever you choose and don't underestimate choosing ammo carefully to get the best out of it. The bulk 500 boxes are ok, but CCI, Federal and Winchester all make a range of higher velocity cartridges that are worth trying and may show their worth at 50 or 75 yards.

Oh and remember to SHOOT it.... A LOT!!

Congrats on the new gun

G

hi fellas

looking for a bolt action in .22LR rifle... will appreciate if you could recommend a good shooter... i have several in mind:

cz 455(452/453) American vs Rem mod 5 vs ... mmm?????

any thoughts/recommendations are highly appreciated...

I have a Remington model 5 that is very accurate. My only issue with it is the 5 round mag. The CZs are great rifles too, my only issue with them is they seem to lack a little finishing. They are very accurate, reliable rifles and I wouldn't hesitate to own one.

" What brand of ammo do you use? Is this gun picky about what you run through it? "

I have used cci bulk, federal bulk, cci quiets & even the dreaded golden bullet without fail. The synthetic stock feels a little cheap. I should have waited for the wood stock.

I

If you are ever in Ocean Co, lemme know and we can go shoot it and my other .22 rifles, all marlins...795, 880 & 989m2.