NJKen

geissele trigger

I just purchased a FAR15 from another forum member that has a geissele trigger in it. I have to say that it is the best 2 stage trigger I have ever felt. Because of this I now must purchase a trigget for my other guns and spend a ton of money doing it. I tried to shoot my Stag model 3 today and it felt like crap compared to the FAR. I always thought the Stag trigger was pretty good too. If anyone is on the fence with a trigger upgrade, let me help push you over!

Ken

I just purchased a FAR15 from another forum member that has a geissele trigger in it. I have to say that it is the best 2 stage trigger I have ever felt. Because of this I now must purchase a trigget for my other guns and spend a ton of money doing it. I tried to shoot my Stag model 3 today and it felt like crap compared to the FAR. I always thought the Stag trigger was pretty good too. If anyone is on the fence with a trigger upgrade, let me help push you over!

Ken

That was a sweet rifle. I'm glad you got it.

As I've said before here, once you use a Geissele trigger, it turns into a "must have" component for any AR build. I'm on the same boat, it has increased my AR build costs by $200+ a pop, but well worth it. A gun's trigger is comparative to an audio system's speakers. The machine to human interface... If you have so-so speakers with a high end audio system, it will never achieve its full potential. Just like having a stock trigger on a well built AR would do.

I looked into these when I built my AR. The only reason why I did not go with them was due to all the different types of triggers.

I see a few have gone with the SDE or SD3G and I see the Hi-Speed National Match one.

What would be a good one to go with and waht are the differences between these? These are kind of expensive to just buy one, try it and regret that you bought the wrong one.

Its actually EASY to pick the one you need when you clearly define your intentions for the gun. Duty? Plinker? Benchrest? 3-gun? Jack of all trades? For instance, the SDE and S3G are on totally different ends of the spectrum and you wouldn't generally cross shop them for the same application.

http://geissele.com/...ationguide.aspx

Here's the Geissele application guide and summary sheet of all their triggers.

Pick the right one FOR YOUR INTENDED APPLICATION and you'll find there's NONE BETTER.

Kudos to Bill Geissele and his whole team for their OUTSTANDING triggers!

Take a look at this: http://geissele.com/pdfs/TriggerSummarySheet.pdf it will show you what each trigger is meant for.

The short version is the Super Dynamic have a flat trigger, the rest have the more classic curved trigger. Then SSA is meant to be a military type trigger, SSE is a lighter version of SSA, the Hi-Speed versions are 3 flavors of precision and competition triggers (as in DMC type position shooting competition) and the 3Gun is different then all of them and from any other AR trigger. That chart also will give you exact trigger pull weights for all the stages.

Giessele isn't the only good trigger, but a good trigger is worth spending money on. I have multiple brands, but the giessele SD3G is my current favorite.

I have to second this, there are many options that are very high quality triggers, jewel and timney come to mind.

That being said, I would recommend my giessele ssa to anyone as a phenomenal trigger!

+1 When you know what the rifle will be used for... the right trigger is easy to pick. For instance, my last build was a jack-of-all-trades type rifle. I wanted a lighter/better than stock trigger. No more, no less. SSA was the perfect fit. Way better than stock. Much lighter, but not too light. (the SSA-E was a bit too light for what I wanted.).

Next build will probably get a SD3G.

The only word of caution here is the SD3G and the 3G are do not feel like traditional single or two stage triggers. They are unique in feel compared with any other trigger I've ever felt. I really like it, but someone else might not, so try to shoot one first, they happen to be the most expensive in the lineup so know what you are getting before you spend your money.

FYI - Geissele is pronounced "Guys-lee", not Jiz-lee :)

I always though it was guy-zel

I currently have a 2-stage RRA trigger, which came with the rifle. I love it. shot a friends standard 1 stage and i really disliked it. next build will be with a Geissele 2 stage( i apparently can't live with out a 2-stage now), if it stands up to the reviews it will be that much better then an already good 2-stage that i'm currently using.