RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout - Nov 4th - Clinton, WMA

Like I said before, I haven't read the rules verbatim, so I wasn't sure about "guests". Just trying to look-out for you guys, that's all. If the sign says "guests" then it's a non-issue. Could be the rules changed since the last time I was there?

Have a good, safe time and enjoy!

Ming, I'm sure there are quite a few local gun shops on your way to Clinton...why don't you skip having to worry about Dick's and their lame policies and just buy some ammo locally so you won't get hassled?

Could you give me a few names/addresses? I have really no idea.

Could you give me a few names/addresses? I have really no idea.

Heritage Guild Branchburg,NJ

http://www.heritageguild.com/

Sportsmans Rendezvous Flemington,NJ

http://www.sportsmansrendezvous.com/

Effingers in Bound Brook,NJ

http://www.efingersports.com/

Well I will put my self in as a maybe.

If I can make it I will bring 1 box of clays, My Remmy 870, and what ever ammo I have on hand by then. Also maybe so food.

Also Unless I totally mess up the weekend be for I will also have my Hunting permit.

The long drive for me was worth it. I shot some, not too much, what I really enjoyed was the safe, informative, and fun based enviroment. Ming started a new game we all lost. It was called Find the Dumplings. The clues were there, paper wrapped chopsticks and a giant cooler. Some colorful packets of cookies, and some delicious V8 blend of juice, which I did figure how to get, however the dumpling riddle was never solved. You're not gonna stump us this time Ming.

There were a couple of sharp shooters there as well. You know who you are, and if they were roadside carnies, hustlers, I would have lost my shirt. " Look, alls ya gotta do is say ' Pull ' point this little bang stick and bust that bright orange thingy out of the sky." " Hit three in a row and take this giant stuffed animal home for your girlfriend." " Look it's easy, bang, bang, bang. See that. 3 shots for $10 bucks." " Lookit, it's so easy I don't know how we even stay in business, I guess my boss has a Heart o Gold, here watch this. Hey James show the folks, not only is James gonna shoot these little suckers but he's gonna smoke a cigarette an have smoke in his eyes. Bang, bang, bang. See! EASY! Who's gonna be first? Step right up!!

The apple pie game was much easier, although I failed the proper ettiquette proceedure. Hint: use the handi wipes to remove lead fouling from your hands first or risk the mild admonishment from Igor. It seems lead is bad for your digestive system. Who'd a thunk that.

If you just want to come and watch, terrific ! If you are sitting because you have preconceived notion that you need to be an excellent shot, that simply is not the case. Just watch me, I shot blue sky all day. If you really just want to sit and watch, the one thing we neglected to do last outing was to set a Zombie Watch. You may qualify for that.

I'm looking foward to our next meet.

The long drive for me was worth it. I shot some, not too much, what I really enjoyed was the safe, informative, and fun based enviroment. Ming started a new game we all lost. It was called Find the Dumplings. The clues were there, paper wrapped chopsticks and a giant cooler. Some colorful packets of cookies, and some delicious V8 blend of juice, which I did figure how to get, however the dumpling riddle was never solved. You're not gonna stump us this time Ming.

There were a couple of sharp shooters there as well. You know who you are, and if they were roadside carnies, hustlers, I would have lost my shirt. " Look, alls ya gotta do is say ' Pull ' point this little bang stick and bust that bright orange thingy out of the sky." " Hit three in a row and take this giant stuffed animal home for your girlfriend." " Look it's easy, bang, bang, bang. See that. 3 shots for $10 bucks." " Lookit, it's so easy I don't know how we even stay in business, I guess my boss has a Heart o Gold, here watch this. Hey James show the folks, not only is James gonna shoot these little suckers but he's gonna smoke a cigarette an have smoke in his eyes. Bang, bang, bang. See! EASY! Who's gonna be first? Step right up!!

The apple pie game was much easier, although I failed the proper ettiquette proceedure. Hint: use the handi wipes to remove lead fouling from your hands first or risk the mild admonishment from Igor. It seems lead is bad for your digestive system. Who'd a thunk that.

If you just want to come and watch, terrific ! If you are sitting because you have preconceived notion that you need to be an excellent shot, that simply is not the case. Just watch me, I shot blue sky all day. If you really just want to sit and watch, the one thing we neglected to do last outing was to set a Zombie Watch. You may qualify for that.

I'm looking foward to our next meet.

Hahaha definitely gave me a good laugh with that post, Red!

I want to join IN on the fun but why does it have to be on a Sunday? That's my football Sunday, but I might just have to miss the early games..

I have a problem I don't have a shotgun just yet, so what could I bring? Ammo? If so, what kind

I want to join IN on the fun but why does it have to be on a Sunday? That's my football Sunday, but I might just have to miss the early games..

I have a problem I don't have a shotgun just yet, so what could I bring? Ammo? If so, what kind

you can borrow mine Clint, just don't tell anyone

most people will probably have 12 gauge. but there will be a few 20s mixed in. so just bring ammo. my 12 will be there you can you that when i'm not using it. the last one was on a saturday you should've came to that one. we switched it to sunday because the wma is having a youth hunt on saturday so to avoid the crowd we decided sunday is better.

hey guys me and my wife would love to join this meet, i live next to union so im not that far away. I have a home defense mossy 500, i'll stick to shooting paper targets lol. My friend would like to bring his ar 15/22 if thats allowed, and hopefully nothing comes up that wont stop us from going. I'll bring drinks and snacks. looking forward to meeting everyone.

Report in: I'll probably bring 2 more friends, no gun, dozens of boxes of ammo, 8 boxes of clays. People at long island Dick's and Sports Authority were all quite nice, it's true that no special licence is required to buy most ammo there. Best price is in Dick's, 5.48 per box of 12 gauge. But I had already bought at the Sports Authority at 5.99 when I saw that(slightly different load though, what I bought was "game load" instead of "target load"). Also, Dick's has 20 gauge ammo for 5 bucks per box, but the shelf was empty. It's true that ammo price in Dick's cannot be beaten. I also found that the case I used to contain my bow is cheaper in Dick's.

PLUS, I wish to put this out early: I'll most probably bring some dumplings as well as drink if I can make it. I would put them in a big white ice box so that it can keep warm. PLEASE DO OPEN THE BOX AND HELP YOURSELF!

Another thought:

Since quite a few folks are coming without a gun, with the kind offers from people who are willing to share their weapon, seems to me it would be good if we make some kind of arrangement about this. For example, put name tags on those guns that its owner would be willing to share, and if someone like me wishes to borrow a gun, he should call the name of the owner, and verify that the owner is willing to let him or her do this.

One more thought: RF, could you add this to the gun safety part: Give up on those clays that are flying sideways which require you to turn 45 degrees to the side, as your muzzle may be too close to people near you. (This is a clay-shooting-specific rule that I learnt by doing wrong last time, if you remember. Rookies like me just don't know about it.)

I'll be there. I'll bring 2, maybe 3 shottys as long as Mastodon is done installing my sights on my HD Mossberg. And hey, who's "le_Boudin"? .... That's me!

post-2200-0-18706100-1350668075_thumb.jpg

(Forum member 'le_boudin' in action)

The more I read this post the more i want to get a shotgun now. :). I can bring some drinks and ammo. What's everyone like to drink? Soda, juice or water? Also, what kind of ammo? I'm clueless in that topic.

12 gauge 2 3/4 inch shells target or bird loads. Usually #7 1/2, 8, and/or 9 shot.

The more I read this post the more i want to get a shotgun now. :). I can bring some drinks and ammo. What's everyone like to drink? Soda, juice or water? Also, what kind of ammo? I'm clueless in that topic.
I have a Benelli Supernova Field shotgun for sale 28" barrel.

I'll be there. I'll bring my (2) 870's (12 ga) a box of clays and extra shells if anyone can't get their own.

I'm also bringing a rifled 12ga Winchester 1300 for the rifle range, but I don't have many sabots. Anyone is welcome to shoot it, but bring your own ammo. Dicks is running a sale on Remington Accutips along with a rebate.

I'll be there. I'll bring my (2) 870's (12 ga) a box of clays and extra shells if anyone can't get their own.

I'm also bringing a rifled 12ga Winchester 1300 for the rifle range, but I don't have many sabots. Anyone is welcome to shoot it, but bring your own ammo. Dicks is running a sale on Remington Accutips along with a rebate.

How long is the Dick's sale running?