RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout - Nov 4th - Clinton, WMA

My last Shotgun Shootout! event turned out to be an awesome day, to the point where I can't believe we haven't been doing this monthly! So who's ready for November's shootout!?!

post-2200-0-18706100-1350668075_thumb.jpg

(Forum member 'le_boudin' in action)

Where:

Clinton WMA clay range in Clinton, NJ

Address:

26 New Jersey 173

Hampton, NJ 08827

When:

Sunday November 4

Time:

9am at the Clay range

Please try and bring everything you can in terms of a gun, ammo, and clays.

A rough-draft check list of what to bring:

- Gun(s)

- Ammo (birdshot #7, 7.5, 8)

- Clays

- Thrower if you have one

- Earplugs/Muffs

- Shooting Glasses

- Shell pouch

- Water/Drinks

- Lunch/snacks

- Layer up and bring a warm jacket/gloves/hat depending on weather

- Chair

Please feel free to make snacks or any food for all of us to munch on! And please make sure to announce that you have brought something.

If you can't end up bringing a gun or anything else, we will have plenty of stuff there. If you've never shot a shotgun before, I and others will try working with you to be able to dust a clay by the end of the day!

Gun rules to remember:

Always treat a gun as if it was loaded

Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot

Never point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy

Always be aware of you're target/line of fire

For this range, keep all guns unloaded until you're on the firing line

Be smart, be safe, and we will have a fun-filled day!

I will edit this accordingly as we figure out more details below. Please post up with any questions, suggestions, or update on if you will be attending and I will add your name to the list.

1. RecessedFilter

2. DbleTrouble

3. Supertelephoto

4. DamjanBlues

5. Pbkid

6. RedRiverII

7. Fushnut

8. Xchange1980

9. Socom16

10. RayRay

11. dino71

12. xm8k36d

13. Lucky # Holeshot

14. NJSigfan

15. GeorgeHM

16. Njluger +2

17. Krdshrk

18. SirRobertJames

19. AverageJoe

Edited by RecessedFilter

I am in!

I meet some you guys at the Lehigh Valley Sporting Clay's facility back in Feburary?, I think. Anyway that place was awesome and from what I read about the previous meet you guys had a good time too. Anyone leaving from the CNJ area? How many shells/clays should I bring? 100? >100?

My gf two other friends of mine (former Texas resident, shooters who are also long depressed by NYC) and I wish to participate if you guys don't mind lending us guns.

Many thanks to RF and fishnut and other guys who are so tolerant to let us use their guns, ammo and clays. Hopefully I can get ammo and clays for myself this time so as not to trouble you guys on this issue.

I am in! I meet some you guys at the Lehigh Valley Sporting Clay's facility back in Feburary?, I think. Anyway that place was awesome and from what I read about the previous meet you guys had a good time too. Anyone leaving from the CNJ area? How many shells/clays should I bring? 100? >100?
200+ I would suggest.

I'm gonna bring a least a case of shells and 2 boxes of clays. Anyone is more than welcome to use my gun if they don't have their own. I'm going to pick up a 20 or .410 tomorrow as well if I can find a good price at cabelas used gun rack. So if I do that would be available too.

It's on top of my shopping list this weekend.

Hey Ming, check the other threadmon the restocking trip,

You may want to get stuff at the Dicks in PA since in Union they ll probably want to see an FID

xm8k36d, on 19 October 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Found one dick's around interstate 78, which is on the route between nyc to the shotgun range.

Called and they told me I only have to be 18+ and present driver's licence to purchase SHOTGUN SHELLS. Cool! Bad news is they don't open until 10:00 am on Sundays.

So I guess I no longer need to trouble you guys on ammo and clays now, just have to arrive a bit late.

I'm also willing to help people who would attend the Nov. 4 event buy shotgun shells and clays on my way there.

NJ Fid is require to buy handgun ammo. Dick s may and probably willl ask you for it for shotgun shells as well since they do that at most places.

Drive a little it further to The Dicks in Easton,PA and no problems.

http://maps.google.c...EYQ_BIwAg#bmb=1

Or you can also go to the Heritage Guild in Easton and get some there

Hey Ming, check the other threadmon the restocking trip,

You may want to get stuff at the Dicks in PA since in Union they ll probably want to see an FID

xm8k36d, on 19 October 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Found one dick's around interstate 78, which is on the route between nyc to the shotgun range.

Called and they told me I only have to be 18+ and present driver's licence to purchase SHOTGUN SHELLS. Cool! Bad news is they don't open until 10:00 am on Sundays.

So I guess I no longer need to trouble you guys on ammo and clays now, just have to arrive a bit late.

I'm also willing to help people who would attend the Nov. 4 event buy shotgun shells and clays on my way there.

NJ Fid is require to buy handgun ammo. Dick s may and probably willl ask you for it for shotgun shells as well since they do that at most places.

Drive a little it further to The Dicks in Easton,PA and no problems.

http://maps.google.c...EYQ_BIwAg#bmb=1

Or you can also go to the Heritage Guild in Easton and get some there

Thanks for that tip.

I actually called the union one directly and the guy who finally picked up first said "fid needed", and then someone next to him corrected him saying "no, just driver's licence and over 18". I plan to call them again, ask for the name of the guy who said that, and use that as a reference. If I'm not successful, I will just head to the one you directed me.

Now that hunting season has started, the State may be looking for hunting licences????

Wouldn't want any of you to get jacked-up on a firearms violation just for smacking some clays.......so be CAREFUL where you advertise this little get-together.

Dave

Now that hunting season has started, the State may be looking for hunting licences????

Wouldn't want any of you to get jacked-up on a firearms violation just for smacking some clays.......so be CAREFUL where you advertise this little get-together.

Dave

I have a hunting license! He's doing nothing wrong I don't really understand your point like 4 or 5 of us have them and only one person needs it.

I have a hunting license! He's doing nothing wrong I don't really understand your point like 4 or 5 of us have them and only one person needs it.

I haven't read the rules verbatim in quite a while, but it's my interpretation that you ALL need to have some sort of licence to use the facilities, not just one or a couple guys.

Otherwise, what's to stop 20-30 guys without hunting licences from tying-up the shotgun field and making registered hunters wait to shoot?

Signs are posted requiring licences. Have fun and be safe!

Dave