+1, and if they are single. a LOT more. Wait till they see their tax rates in 2013-

I love how people think Obamacare = Free health care. It doesn't. It simply means you are REQUIRED to have health care. Many companies will go to a 30 hour work week to avoid the penalties for not giving health care. You however, will still be required by law to pay for it on your own. It's especially satisfying to me that this will affect the 27-33 year olds who voted for Obama in droves. I had no health care when I was that age because I didn't need it and couldn't afford it. Now all those people that are healthy will be paying to subsidize my health care as I age and fall apart.

And so has this forum. Have a nice life. There is no place for your condescending attitude here.

Btw... as many people in the United States disagree with your entitlement BS. =) You will have no sympathies from me when your boss cuts your health insurance (opts out of obamacare) or cuts your hours or wages because his taxes are going up.

+100

People will seriously end up paying for this election. People like my wife and I who paid our own way through school and took two jobs and worked to get to where we are going to bear the brunt of this and it is so disgusting and angering!! We want to have a nice home one day, new cars and be able to pay for our future kids education, but with this gigantic burdening government, those hopes are disappearing. We REFUSE to be part of the problem.. so unsure what our next step will be.

I will say, if Obama follows Frances route, successful hard working Americans will take there companies and money out of America, and leave all the 'moochers' holding the bag and wondering where they will get there next check from. Sad. I just want the good ol' America back living by the constitution and following the American dream of working hard to attain your dreams (not expecting the government and hard working people to hand it to them!!)! :wacko:

One thing is certain, people care more about social issues than ANYTHING else.....fools think Republicans are the answer.....is these Republicans can't win in the situation this country is in....then well.....Game. Over.

Oh, and saying 'wait till these twenty something's who supported Obama see their new tax rates'....is a BIG waste of time.....they are all baptized with the mantra of 'paying one's fair share' (of which, this fair share myth is never defined)......

no one says you have to go to college, and the debt that you encure is yours not mine or the governments. and anyone who dosent pay back there student loans should have there degrees pulled until they do. In the america I grew up in it was a hand up not a hand out. It is also not the rich mans fault that the poor man is poor.

This election was won because of fraud from the early voting bs in ohio and florida and the election day registering of voters in new hampshire.

Was reported that Obama campaign workers went to work in Wisconson from IL and illegally registered and voted.

We as a nation are fooked. Ever hear of the Greeks, Romans, the British, we will fall as they have.

I personally think that commercial with the Chinese talking about how America failed as a great empire because they turned their backs on the ideas that made it great. I think it hits the nail right on the head. You can't tax your way out of a depression. No matter how you look at it, we're basically F'ed in the A.

Honestly, if we elected some even more conservative.... it would do no good.  I don't see any conservatives who did not turn out for Romney, in fact, we may still win the popular vote.

That is incorrect, republican turnout was substantially lower than for McCain 4 years ago. Do you know what causes that?

So depressed today...

What bugs me is that all the democrats are chosen when you get in the voting booth, then you have to push the correct button to change your vote..

no one should be chosen before entering, how many people are their that con not figure out how to select their vote and just cast the pre chosen electorals..

This has never been my experience. On our machines the left-most lights are lit initially which correspond to no choice. Where did you see this behavior?

Student loan rates are low as it is, secondly, it is not the governmen't job to control your rate. Secondly, as far as health insurance... in NJ you were already able to buy insurance.

I feel the need to comment here, not because either of these things effect me in any way, but because you seem to be forgetting a key point.

When the government is in the student loan business, who else do you think controls those rates? Not all student loans are through private companies! So yes, when you are dealing with federal student loans from the government that is a point of contention that is entirely valid. Not to mention the artificial inflation of school costs/tuition that lead to the excessive number of student loans...but that is another issue.

As for health care, I don't think he was saying people should be given free health care. I have a feeling I'm with you, on that the government should simply stay out of meddling with health care all together. As it stands now, Obamacare isn't close to 'free' health care....

First off those vote numbers only show how many old white guys died in the last 4 years, so as a percentage Romney might be higher :p

and... Oh noes, the stock market is down 2%! Really? Our stock market his been bouncing around all over the place for the last 10 years, big deal. Get back to me when it's down 10%.

I'm amazed at the 'gun states' that voted for o

Like the largest population of NRA members in PA? If you look at what counties went ( R ) or ( D ), you'll see that it only takes a few cities to change the outcome of the entire state. PA was mostly red on the map except for just a couple counties. Obama one because of entitled voters. Plain and simple. The most funded campaign EVER, wasn't going to lose.

Like the largest population of NRA members in PA? If you look at what counties went ( R ) or ( D ), you'll see that it only takes a few cities to change the outcome of the entire state. PA was mostly red on the map except for just a couple counties. Obama one because of entitled voters. Plain and simple. The most funded campaign EVER, wasn't going to lose.

And that wasn't just PA. Alot of states.

that's why we need to tweak the electoral college imho

that's why we need to tweak the electoral college imho

We need to DITCH the electoral college, it's a stupid system. There are a lot of people who don't bother voting because of it, seriously. Why vote if you're in a state with 3 points like Hawaii and Alaska when you know it's not really going to make difference?

Go to majority vote wins, that way every single vote matters.

True democracy = mob rule. Bad idea.

Ruger 9 and I agree on this, and maybe that ice cream is tasty....and that's it. Bad idea.

Talk about disenfranchisement. Montana, Wyoming, many states of the old confederacy. Their state voting block has sway because of the EC. To suggest that a small state doesn't have power one need look no further than Nevada last night.

With NEvada, Obama didn't need Ohio, Florida, OR Virginia. He'd still be at 270. The EC enshrines the voting block strength of a less populous state. Trash it, and you'd have had President Gore.

We need to DITCH the electoral college, it's a stupid system. There are a lot of people who don't bother voting because of it, seriously. Why vote if you're in a state with 3 points like Hawaii and Alaska when you know it's not really going to make difference?

Go to majority vote wins, that way every single vote matters.

one of the absolute worst ideas I've read on this board in a long time. I know you are upset over last night however, the only thing separating us from banana republics and Euro like politics IS the electoral college. The electoral college insures that more people are heard.

You people really want mob rule? 2 guys and 1 girl... the 2 guys decide to rape the girl. It's ok, because it was a democratic decision. Mob rule. A gang of sheet-robed white people vote to lynch a negro. It's ok, it was a democratic decision. Mob rule.

You THINK you want mob rule, but if you do a little research on WHY the electoral college was created instead of using popular vote, you'll probably understand more, and change your mind.

But I agree, the electoral college isn't perfect and needs to be tweaked.

To roughly quote Ron Paul:

It is a little thing called 'The Tyranny of the Majority"

It is like asking two foxes and a chicken to vote on who gets eaten for dinner. ( I like this a little better than Ruger9's rape analogy because chicken eating is a natural function and desire of foxes...unlike rape :-))

sorry ruger9 i have been educated on why the electoral college was created and i think that your exemples are WAY off rape and murder will always be illegal that has NOTHING to do with how the president is elected. why is it ok for the popular vote to pick our other goverment officals? In MY opinion i think the electoral college may have been needed in the past but i beleve that it is an "old way" and needs to be removed all togather but that is just MY opinion.