WoodsRover

Anyone know a shop that carries Hi Point pistols??

Hello everyone, first time poster.

I am waiting on a couple new pistol permits. Im planning to first get a Ruger single six, but then i want to use the next permit on a hi point pistol, either the c9 9mm or the bigger .45 acp model. Problem is i seem to be having trouble finding a local shop that sells them. The hi point website lists a bunch of dealers for nj, but tried calling one of them near me and they only sell the hi point carbines and not the pistols.

So before i try calling all the other dealers, i figured id ask here first if anyone knew of the top of their heads. I am in essex county but dont mind driving a bit.

I should say that yes i know that hi points are cheap guns, not expecting a heirloom for $150 but what i am looking for is a cheap knockaround gun to keep in my camper trailer on my buddies land out in PA. Fromwhat ive read from actual owners, they are generally reliable and go bang everytime. Lifetime warranty doesnt hurt either.

Thanks for the help!!

Thanks i will give that shop in jackson a call. Thanks for the offer on the used model but im still waiting on the permits. Could still be weeks before they are ready.

Like i said i know these guns are ugly, clunky and cheap but thats what im looking for lol. Im not gonna spend $500 on a woods/camp gun thats not going to babied. Actual hi point owners seem to swear by the things. I used to think they were junk until i saw some pretty convincing torture tests on youtube

Hello everyone, first time poster.

I am waiting on a couple new pistol permits. Im planning to first get a Ruger single six, but then i want to use the next permit on a hi point pistol, either the c9 9mm or the bigger .45 acp model. Problem is i seem to be having trouble finding a local shop that sells them. The hi point website lists a bunch of dealers for nj, but tried calling one of them near me and they only sell the hi point carbines and not the pistols.

So before i try calling all the other dealers, i figured id ask here first if anyone knew of the top of their heads. I am in essex county but dont mind driving a bit.

I should say that yes i know that hi points are cheap guns, not expecting a heirloom for $150 but what i am looking for is a cheap knockaround gun to keep in my camper trailer on my buddies land out in PA. Fromwhat ive read from actual owners, they are generally reliable and go bang everytime. Lifetime warranty doesnt hurt either.

Thanks for the help!!

I have NIB .45 in stock

Skylands sport shop had 2 not sure what caliber

And to anyone saying a hipoint is junk it passed federal safetly regulations and not everyone has hundreds of dollars for a friend a buddy of mine got a 9mm to see if he liked shooting handguns without spending a lot of money plus lifetime warranty and made in the usa

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sigh. I give up. All i did was ask a simple question and 50% of the replies have been unsolicited gun advice from gun snobs. I guess this isnt the forum for me. Thanks to the people who took the time to actually answer my question.

No snobs here. Just average folks who want the best value they can afford.

There's a reason you don't see cops holstering Hi Points.

The reality is that you'll spend more on ammo than on the actual pistol.

If you see a pistol as a mere utility tool just to toss into a trailer, then you don't sound very passionate about shooting.

They swear by them because it's human nature to not want to admit you made a mistake.

And I'm not saying that to sound snobby. I have plenty of inexpensive guns. But there is a HUGE difference between inexpensive and cheap.

Have you ever shot one or gave it a fair shake to say the least?

Sigh. I give up. All i did was ask a simple question and 50% of the replies have been unsolicited gun advice from gun snobs. I guess this isnt the forum for me. Thanks to the people who took the time to actually answer my question.

You will find that 99.9% of the people on this forum will give very good information, you then have the minority that think they are being witty or just need to say something as their opinions are just so important that we all need to hear them!! So stick around and you will be able to sort out the garbage in no time.

WoodsRover,

If you want one, e-mail some vendors or use the Vendor price request feature. I've bought from many vendors here, who are some of the nicest people I've met and can get pretty much anything (legal). This is one of the better forums you'll find on the Internet, so don't quit just yet.

Yes. And with all due respect, well... the 995 Carbine maybe, but not a pistol. And my favorite gun is a Ruger 22/45, so if that makes me snob, then I don't understand the definition of "snob."

Problem is i seem to be having trouble finding a local shop that sells them. The hi point website lists a bunch of dealers for nj, but tried calling one of them near me and they only sell the hi point carbines and not the pistols.

Therein is some truth. Many local dealers don't stock them because it isn't worth their effort to stock them, given QC issues. Also, many YouTube video up loaders have agendas - prove or disprove things, make sensational claims, etc., just to get subscribers and popularity. There is a reason many local vendors do not sell them, and I trust the people who buy and sell firearms for a living.

If you still want something along those lines, you can look at Kel-Tec.

Gun Snobs... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. If I'm a gun snob, why would i have two (legal) guns bought for under $25 each. Look, if you want to see ridicule, ask Ray Ray about his Charter Arms Southpaw, or watch when I ask if anyone has magazines for a Llama Omni 9mm...

Cmon buddy, grow a slightly thicker skin.

Also, I recommend you "shop" gunbroker.com and gunauction.com, restrict your searches to NJ and occassionally really good deals will show up. Also, talk to the local dealers and see if they have any bargain basement guns. They will be used, certainly, but most have all of their life still left... And forget that Hi Point (handgun) thing. They have no resale value. The Hi Point carbines are different though they still look like something out of Planet of the Apes.

I own the Highpoint .45 acp pistol and it is a good reliable shooter. True the resale value isn't good, but then again you might be able to use that to your advantage and look for a used one for $90 +/- , I saw a used 9mm version like new condition selling for $95 at the Quick Cash pawn shop in Florence KY. True the guns are ugly and bulky but inexpensive, and have a lifetime guarantee.

If you have an extra P2P to use and don't want to spend a lot, then pick up a Highpoint 45 acp. I can't vouch for the other calibers except the .45 acp, although I might spring for a 9mm HP pistol before the year is out. If you can afford a Glock, then go for that instead.

Yes. One of their 9mm pistols. It felt like a brick in my hand and stove-piped a round at least once a magazine.

Like I said, there is a difference between cheap and being inexpensive. I have a Makarov I got for $125 many moons ago. It's run flawlessly the entire time I've had it. The same can be said for my Yugo SKSs, Mosins, K31, etc.

Tony, it better not be anywhere near my Colts in the safe..... (I swear I will get them out of there soon.)

Now thats funny Maks . i have to keep my hi points on the 3rd shelf as they always start a fight with the rugers on the top shelf .

WoodsRover,

If you want one, e-mail some vendors or use the Vendor price request feature. I've bought from many vendors here, who are some of the nicest people I've met and can get pretty much anything (legal). This is one of the better forums you'll find on the Internet, so don't quit just yet.

Yes. And with all due respect, well... the 995 Carbine maybe, but not a pistol. And my favorite gun is a Ruger 22/45, so if that makes me snob, then I don't understand the definition of "snob."

Therein is some truth. Many local dealers don't stock them because it isn't worth their effort to stock them, given QC issues. Also, many YouTube video up loaders have agendas - prove or disprove things, make sensational claims, etc., just to get subscribers and popularity. There is a reason many local vendors do not sell them, and I trust the people who buy and sell firearms for a living.

If you still want something along those lines, you can look at Kel-Tec.

Seems like you're experience with Hi-points' limited to carbines. I have the carbine, it is very reliable. As to where you got the impression that I am implying the lack of experience with being a snob is a mystery to me.

Yes. One of their 9mm pistols. It felt like a brick in my hand and stove-piped a round at least once a magazine.

Like I said, there is a difference between cheap and being inexpensive. I have a Makarov I got for $125 many moons ago. It's run flawlessly the entire time I've had it. The same can be said for my Yugo SKSs, Mosins, K31, etc.

Hi-points are known to stove pipe if the person shooting grips it in a way to absorb some of the recoil. Since it relies on the simple blowback operation of a heavy slide, the frame has to be gripped firmly, if not, the energy/recoil impulse absorbed by the shooter will taken off the slide recoil thus slide will not fully cycle resulting in a stove pipe.

What two guns did you buy for $25.00? Sorry, just very curious?

22 rifles. One looked rusty on gunbroker and turned out to not be (reddish orange velvet deteriorates over time into a powder that ends up looking like rust in photos when you're too lazy to try to clean a consignment gun) and the other was quite rusty and was an excellent project which is not yet complete. One of these days I will setup a parkerizing system.

Just as a heads up, there are many many deals to be had if you are patient. I also picked up a popular mfr 12 ga pump for $75, in NJ, also off of Gunbroker - and it had NO issues other than looking worn.

Dont use the permit on the pistol, get the 995 carbine to leave at your buddy's. I have one and it runs good.

If u really want the pistol check gunbroker there are several there selling on the cheap

Good luck

I have both the 995TS and the 4595TS. Haven't had a problem with either so far and they are fun to shoot.

Hi-points are known to stove pipe if the person shooting grips it in a way to absorb some of the recoil. Since it relies on the simple blowback operation of a heavy slide, the frame has to be gripped firmly, if not, the energy/recoil impulse absorbed by the shooter will taken off the slide recoil thus slide will not fully cycle resulting in a stove pipe.

I've never fired a HP pistol but from what I've read it is exactly what yo said, the blowback action requires the shooter to grip the pistol firmly, more so than other designs.