Farsanarian

Costas Anti Firearm Statement

I am getting a very slight impression that some of you guys actually think that these people have an actual concern, or care what you or I think. They don't. The truth doesn't matter. They will keep pushing whatever agenda it is they want, without regard to the truth. They promote and push things that are entirely true the same way as an agenda based on fiction. Truth is moot.

I am getting a very slight impression that some of you guys actually think that these people have an actual concern, or care what you or I think. They don't. The truth doesn't matter. They will keep pushing whatever agenda it is they want, without regard to the truth. They promote and push things that are entirely true the same way as an agenda based on fiction. Truth is moot.

We get it. And it has become abundantly clear in the last 20 years or so. I've given up debating them, because they are WILLFULLY ignorant- there is no defense against an enemy who WANTS to base their opinions on fiction. Facts are irrelevant. Truth is irrelevant. You can't fight it.

I do still discuss this stuff with friends I consider "open" or "reasonable"... but the ones who have already made up their mind based on liberal democrat bs? Pointless. Waste of time and energy. I can only hope those people are put into a situation where they NEED a weapon to defend themselves, but don't have one. Because that is what it would take to open their eyes... and even then, some of them would still keep their eyes closed.

You don't have to waste your time debating them, but you really should make your position clear and explain why. If they want to play bs games after that, tell them to go play with themselves. You've made yourself clear and don't need to play games with them.

But never back down and never keep your mouth shut just to placate these monkeyfucks. If somebody says something stupid, tell them what you think. This is the biggest problem. Progressives and anti-gun scumbags are complete douchebags and have been emboldened by the perception that they can say whatever lie they want, pull shit out of their asses, call people racists for no reason, because gun owners and Conservatives are polite and won't stoop to those levels.

You don't have to stoop to those levels, but never let their evil go unchecked. Because that's what it is. It's evil.

Let me ask you a question. Name one behavior or activity or type of ownership you think I might approve of the government forcing on you or denying you against your will. Answer? There is none. That's the difference between us and them. They are very horrible, dangerous, evil people that want to force you and your children to behave the way they approve of at the barrel of a gun. They disparage us, but speaking for myself, I don't want the government to force them to do anything against their will.

TO BE CLEAR, I'm not placating anyone- and I'm not simply "tired of the fight"; I just recognize that in some people it's a WASTE OF TIME and ENERGY. It would be like talking to Obama about the Constitution... "talk to the hand!!!"

You don't have to stoop to those levels, but never let their evil go unchecked. Because that's what it is. It's evil.

Let me ask you a question. Name one behavior or activity or type of ownership you think I might approve of the government forcing on you or denying you against your will. Answer? There is none. That's the difference between us and them. They are very horrible, dangerous, evil people that want to force you and your children to behave the way they approve of at the barrel of a gun. They disparage us, but speaking for myself, I don't want the government to force them to do anything against their will.

We are in 100% agreement. 100%

Ruger9, I did not mean to accuse anybody here of placating anybody.  I was just trying to rally the troops a little.  

It's a PITA dealing with these scumbags because they never listen to reason and they have illegitimately put up a facade that they are the only mainstream by saying whatever they want whenever they want and creating a scene and trying to demonize people whenever somebody disagrees.  We ceded it to them.  They don't have this power without our cooperation.  

No more.

No, don't expect them to listen or care.

Yes, make them think twice before opening their shitholes.  Learn to embrace that "How Dare You!" look.  We're going to wipe it off their Communist faces. They are the scumbags, and we are not standing for it, and if they want to play little weenie games then let them bang on the floor and throw a temper tantrum.

Thanks bro.

But I'm a lover not a fighter :)

Right... until you're a fighter. :)

I'm a MUSICIAN, so I'm really out-of-place, being a conservative, re-founder/constitutionalist, gun owner.

"There are people who honestly believe that in Aurora (Colo.) if only a dozen or so people there to watch the Batman movie had been packin', they would have been able to take down the nut job in full body armor with military-type guns.

"I think any police officer if you told them that would roll their eyes."

Did he have full body armor? Last I had read he had a load beraing vest and bullet resistant leggings. I guess we see how much this guy reads up on the subject.

I love how the fact that although everyone here in this group agrees it would have been a tricky situation as a carrying CCW citizen, especially if he actually had full body armor, that this guy thinks WE believe we could have magically ended it somehow. LIke we can't have a practical thought about the subject, ever.

Or that you need an m-4 to take down a guy with an m-4. Like there would have been absoluelty no effect of shooting at him with pistol.

Ugh! Costas has slurped up every drop of the anti-gun Kool-ade.

None of his opinions are based upon any kind of fact or knowledge about firearms. It is all such nonsense I would not even know where to begin to tear it appart.

:facepalm:

Bob Costas:

"Here's where I stand: I do not want to see the second amendment repealed. ... People should be allowed to own guns for their own protection. Obviously, those who are hunters. ... Access to guns is too easy in some cases. I don't see any reason a citizen should be able to arm himself in some states in ways only police or military should — to have a virtual militia (bought by) mail order or gun shows. Why do you need a semi-automatic weapon? What possible use is there? ... Whitlock wrote about a gun culture. That's what I was focusing on (in the halftime segment)."

Gee, thanks for allowing us to protect ourselves and to continue to hunt, Bobby.

I'd like to hear him explain under what circumstances its "too easy" to gain access to guns. It's clear that he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to legally purchasing a firearm.

Bobby wants to know why semi-auto rifles are legal? To protect ourselves from the police, government and criminals. That's why they are legal, Bobby.

As for 'needing' guns - I'd counter by asking Bobby why he needs to talk about the gun control subject. The answer is that he doesn't NEED to talk about it, but it is his RIGHT to talk about it.....just like it is my RIGHT to own firearms and to say that I think he's an uninformed lemming.

I like how nearly everyone who is rabidly against guns has no clue as to the laws of this country. He implied in his backpedal that you can "mail-order" guns. While that may be true for CMP items and blackpowder with the proper curio and relic license, it's absolutely false for the type of weapons he is referring to. I'd probably be less mad at this if the people arguing for gun control at least had some semblance of a damn clue about the things they are talking about.

I like how nearly everyone who is rabidly against guns has no clue as to the laws of this country. He implied in his backpedal that you can "mail-order" guns. While that may be true for CMP items and blackpowder with the proper curio and relic license, it's absolutely false for the type of weapons he is referring to. I'd probably be less mad at this if the people arguing for gun control at least had some semblance of a damn clue about the things they are talking about.

That is because once they start researching the laws and understanding firearms, they become pro-gunners. Ask me how I know. :-D