TheDon

And Now for Something Completely Different

and-now-for-something-completely-different-_1971_.jpg

This evening, my wife looked me square in the face and declared that I am completely incapable of engaging in any conversation that does not have to do with guns, how much I hate New Jersey, government controlling people's lives, the Constitution, or how pissed I am at the latest topic on the news that pissed me off today more than I was pissed off yesterday or the day before.

She then proceeded to ask me why I can’t engage in a "normal" conversation like a "normal" person. :umbrage:

I guess her implication was that “normal” people do not care so much about guns, are content to live in NJ, focus more on their day to day lives than government and politics, and do not yell and scream at the TV when the news is on. For me, if a person make a comment such as, “Man, do you believe this wind we are having today?!” I do not see why “Yea, it sure would be crappy day to try and reach out more than 100 yards” is not a reasonable conversational response. :unknw:

I suspect that most members here are like me and are wondering, “And, the problem is…?”

I was hoping someone might be able to coach me on the errors in my social techniques. :help:

In the process, any use of gun metaphors would be very helpful in aiding my understand and would be greatly appreciated. :good:

Thank you Lalo.

My wife is actually unaware that "hot young women with guns" is actually not a subcategory of guns, but is in fact a splendid blending of guns with fantasiful recollections of exploits from my younger years.

hmm. i seem to have the same problem with my fiance. I believe since there are now two of us with the problem that we are the correct one s and they need to see the error in their ways of why they do not solely speak about guns, politics and this shitty state. i say we have a serious sit down talk almost like an intervention, dealing with why they do not speak about firearms and that we are worried for their trigger control and muscle memory if they do not engage more in the shooting community and god forbid if they ever make the mistake of calling a magazine a clip because they do not speak about guns enough. THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ASAP.....

Ask her how she would feel if women in NJ had to have a license in order to vote and there were groups of politicians and activists currently attempting to heavily regulate her already heavily restricted right. Actually hell, she should be just as mad as we all are. I get pretty pissed off whenever the government tries to pull crap concerning any sort of civil rights. Look at that whole SOPA/PIPA fiasco that happened earlier and all of the covert surveillance crap that they were doing with AT&T. You bet your ass I sent letters and emails out about that crap and even got a few friends involved. Any american who values his or her liberty ought to do the same.

Le'me fix it for you :hi:

Ask her how she would feel if women in NJ had to have a license in order to vote shop at Bloomingdales and there were groups of politicians and activists currently attempting to heavily regulate her already heavily restricted right. Actually hell, she should be just as mad as we all are. I get pretty pissed off whenever the government tries to pull crap concerning any sort of civil rights. Look at that whole SOPA/PIPA fiasco that happened earlier and all of the covert surveillance crap that they were doing with AT&T. You bet your ass I sent letters and emails out about that crap and even got a few friends involved. Any american who values his or her liberty ought to do the same.

My wife don't give two shakes agout voting. We've been married 18 years and I helped her fill out her first registration form this year so she could vote against the Obama. Le'me reiterate: it fricken took OBAMA to make this woman realize that she had to vote. :facepalm:

Now, if you want to see an activist... suggest that the local Nordstoms is closing. Now THAT would be some serious sh!t.

This evening, my wife looked me square in the face and declared that I am completely incapable of engaging in any conversation that does not have to do with guns, how much I hate New Jersey, government controlling people's lives, the Constitution, or how pissed I am at the latest topic on the news that pissed me off today more than I was pissed off yesterday or the day before.

She then proceeded to ask me why I can’t engage in a "normal" conversation like a "normal" person. :umbrage:

Same thing happened to me. So I replied, "you're right. Want to move out of NJ? That would solve the problem."

...no reply

Besides, I don't want to be associated with what is considered a "normal" person in this day and age.

I guess I'm lucky. My wife was never into guns or politics. After being with me for about 2 yrs, she couldn't stand not understanding the context of the conversation and began learning both. Now shes my shooting partner and buys me all kinds of gun parts. Last night she gave me a Geisele SD-C and BAD Ambi selector.

When my wife starts I just tell her our rights are going away quickly so she might as well enjoy the 1st amendment while she still can, but she should start not talking now to get use to it. By the way I'm married 18 years.

For me, if a person make a comment such as, “Man, do you believe this wind we are having today?!” I do not see why “Yea, it sure would be crappy day to try and reach out more than 100 yards” is not a reasonable conversational response. :unknw:

Do you watch The Big Bang Theory? I can sum it up if you don't. Howard recently got back from the International space station.

Every topic the guys would talk about would ultimately result in Howard bringing the topic back around to him being in space. Everyone got annoyed by it.

You're simply not going to change her opinion on the subject and chances are what she's interested in probably is about as interesting to you as guns are to her.

I'd just not bring it up at all around her and when she's talking about shoes or whatever banality she's on about, just nod and go ahuh, yup and let it evaporate away.

"Joy is in the ears that hear, not the mouth that speaks".

-Stephan R. Donaldson

Do you watch The Big Bang Theory? I can sum it up if you don't. Howard recently got back from the International space station.

Every topic the guys would talk about would ultimately result in Howard bringing the topic back around to him being in space. Everyone got annoyed by it.

Good analogy. I harbored the same hum drum feelings when a friend had gotten bitten hard by the surf fishing bug. He didnt talk as much about it as i find myself so I understand how someone can get tired of hearing about it.

First thing I saw when I sat down at the computer this morning was the article about the IL State Senator who got pinched at the airport with a peashooter CCW piece. Of course, I had to share the article on Facebook. I mean, that is information that my 142 FB friends need to know! :umbrage:

My wife's first post of the day was to share picture of one of her friend's cat in their Christmas tree. :facepalm:

So far, no one has liked or said a word about my post. My wife's post has triggered a 50-comment discussion about cats in Christmas trees. :vava:

I'm very lucky, my wife knew when we were dating that I had guns and was not giving them up. She has even come out to some shoots and done well. She knows I dislike aspects of this state, but she loves it and I knew she wasn't leaving when we wed. I just wait till taxes are too high for us to stay.

She and I agree on many political subjects. The majority of our conversations are about our son, home and her Honey-Do list. I do try not to harp on the same subject with her, and when she rolls her eyes I know a subject change is in order.

Try the following subject topics:

Panda reproduction.

Neuro toxins vs. Hemo toxins and their effects on the human body. Which is worse?

Monarch Butterfly migration.

Mars in its retrograde orbit.

12-21-12 and the Myans.

First thing I saw when I sat down at the computer this morning was the article about the IL State Senator who got pinched at the airport with a peashooter CCW piece. Of course, I had to share the article on Facebook. I mean, that is information that my 142 FB friends need to know! :umbrage:

My wife's first post of the day was to share picture of one of her friend's cat in their Christmas tree. :facepalm:

So far, no one has liked or said a word about my post. My wife's post has triggered a 50-comment discussion about cats in Christmas trees. :vava:

Sounds about right. Lol.