TheSingularity

Feinstein just announced a new proposed assault weapons ban

http://njgunforums.c...t/page__st__420

toads post #439 links the huffington posts interview.

From Feinstein :

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets, Feinstein said. "The purpose of this bill is to get... weapons of war off the streets."

huffpo article

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html

Looks like the bill will have significantly more teeth than the previous Federal AWB. From FOX News:

Feinstein said her legislation will outlaw the sale, import and manufacture of more than 100 different firearms, including "semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than ten rounds."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/18/nra-to-push-back-soon-sources-say/#ixzz2FQusYZVD

That's a whole lot of guns. What semi auto handgun doesn't have a detatable magazine...

Looks like the bill will have significantly more teeth than the previous Federal AWB. From FOX News:

Feinstein said her legislation will outlaw the sale, import and manufacture of more than 100 different firearms, including "semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than ten rounds."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2FQusYZVD

That's a whole lot of guns. What semi auto handgun doesn't have a detatable magazine...

I'm hoping this is supposed to mean everything will be limited to 10 rounds. The way this reads, it's automatically outlawed if it has a detachable magazine, regardless of the ammo capacity.

I'm sure we'll be allowed to keep them if we permanently attach leashes between the magazine and gun. Surfers have been doing it for decades.

To protect legal gun owners, the Feinstein measure would "grandfather in" those weapons legally owned at the time the measure would become law. It would also exempt antiques, manually operated weapons, permanently disabled weapons, and more than 900 specifically named firearms commonly used for hunting and sporting.

From What i am reading, those who own them now before the law goes into affect, will be able to keep them legally. You just wont be able to buy new ones once the law is in effect.

My question is, If you currently own, "Legal" NJ 15 round mags, and the new law now says 10 round. What are you supposed to do with your 15 rounders, and can you still use them??

By the way, anybody want to sell some mags??

Really unbelieveable what mass psychic trauma and hysteria can do. Not surprising that this comes from Feinstein and her cohorts, but it's all the people who were in the middle, on the fence, or just didn't care all that much, that have now been shoved to her side of the see-saw because they just need to do "something", logic be damned. That is what will send us all flying into the abyss. Over the past few days I've been kind of pissed at the NRA, for not responding, for never being willing to have a dialogue, but I am gradually coming around. When I actually see BS like this in print and the more that I see people jumping on this gun ban bandwagon without thought or nuance the more I'm inclined to send the NRA a fat check and say "circle the wagons."

To protect legal gun owners, the Feinstein measure would "grandfather in" those weapons legally owned at the time the measure would become law. It would also exempt antiques, manually operated weapons, permanently disabled weapons, and more than 900 specifically named firearms commonly used for hunting and sporting.

Wow... that's so nice of her to trample an actual right of ours and let us keep a few parts of it for our own. These freaking people are pissing me off...They have been looking and waiting for a time like this to ram this down our throats because this is the last link between preserving freedom and living in tyranny.

My goodness, they tout everything from a phone to cable to healthcare as a right, but when ever there is an actual "written in stone right", they take it away. This is NON Negotiable and our duty lies in the Declaration of Independence. Now is the time to call, write, peacefully assemble and tell your Reps how you feel.

History is very clear and this is obviously an agenda. Over 2800 lives a year are saved from responsible gun owners. 30-60 innocent lives a year are taken from whacked out criminals and and average of 2,500,000 innocent lives are taken a year from governments after firearms are confiscated.or limited.

At what point is this treason? At what point do we make them understand "shall not be infringed"?

Yeah, problem is I will need to significantly increase saving allowances to I can get my SIG P226 X-SIX...Hoping there is no way this will pass through Congress as stipulated above.

None of this is gonna happen guys. Relax and don't get all torqued out of shape.

Really? Is there some information you'd like to share? Just like 4 years ago when we said Obamacare would never happen? NDAA would never happen? Bailouts would never happen? 401K nationalization COULD NEVER even be considered? Please enlighten me because I've been hearing stuff like "take off the tinfoil hat...calm down....conspiracy theorist" for several years, yet it all seems to happen.

Every country that lost their freedoms happened over a 10-15 year period. Bush 2 and Bush 3 (Obama) are close to the 15 years.

Really? Is there some information you'd like to share? Just like 4 years ago when we said Obamacare would never happen? NDAA would never happen? Bailouts would never happen? 401K nationalization COULD NEVER even be considered? Please enlighten me because I've been hearing stuff like "take off the tinfoil hat...calm down....conspiracy theorist" for several years, yet it all seems to happen.

Every country that lost their freedoms happened over a 10-15 year period. Bush 2 and Bush 3 (Obama) are close to the 15 years.

Obama Care has not been fully implimented yet. We'll see how that works out.

What NDAA do you have a problem with? Why?

If they ban all guns, how do you think they will enforce it? Think that through a little.

If they just try to ban center fire, magazine fed semi-automatics it won't get through the House. It just won't - it's too broad.

If they try for AWB II and keep it the same as it was under Clinton, that won't pass because it didn't do anything last time around.

So what are they gonna do? Ban hi-cap mags? No, they won't.

No, nothing is going to happen. The NRA will rip the throat out of any politician who turns.

Obama Care has not been fully implimented yet. We'll see how that works out.

What NDAA do you have a problem with? Why?

If they ban all guns, how do you think they will enforce it? Think that through a little.

If they just try to ban center fire, magazine fed semi-automatics it won't get through the House. It just won't - it's too broad.

If they try for AWB II and keep it the same as it was under Clinton, that won't pass because it didn't do anything last time around.

So what are they gonna do? Ban hi-cap mags? No, they won't.

No, nothing is going to happen. The NRA will rip the throat out of any politician who turns.

Why wouldn't hey ban high cap mags? I'm not being defeatist, but they aren't clearly protected under the two SCOTUS rulings, they have done it before, and it has some relevance to the tragedy they are currently exploiting. I don't see what would prevent them form being on the table.

An AWB could be forced to court for arguing common use. I'd argue why we went form seeing nearly zero uses of semi-auto rifles in crimes to seeing them in highly publicized crimes is ebcause they have become in common use.

None of this is gonna happen guys. Relax and don't get all torqued out of shape.

I heard that just before the Florio AWB

Ban high standard capacity mags? So what? I live in NJ, they are banned here already. Go for it.

fixed it for you

and this being part of the problem.. it doesn't impact you so you dont care..

I think that was just some NJ satire....

can someone confirm the nj awb, they did not grandfather and the banned firearms were to be turned in correct on a voluntary basis otherwise inpossesion of an illegal aw? Also did they compensate for the weapons at that time or did you loose your money you invested. I have a few things to buy and dont want to end up losing 2 or 3k.

Let's face it. The spirit of the original AWBs - NY, NJ, Federal, etc. - is to ban AR-15s and AK-47s. However, as the law was written, it allowed wiggle room to say, "wellll, that's not an AK-47 you see, it's a MAK-90!"

This time around, the legislators have learned from experience. Any law they try and pass will likely be worded more in line with the original spirit of the AWB. There will be no wiggle room for Bushmaster Cal .223's and "not substantially identical" stuff this time around.