Combat Auto

NRA anaouncement on Friday

Speculation is mental stimulation (or stimulation of your butt as Qel metioned ;-)) - it is a thought excercise, that is why you might want to speculate.

Anyway, I hope they go the mental health route...Maybee toss in a few round reduction on mega-mags as a red-hearing which would not impact NJ's 15 Rounds (I hope).

I see it going one of two ways:

1. They stand their ground and offer to help congress to draft meaningful mental health legislation

2. They cave and throw us under the bus

With the amount of money that pours into the coffers from firearm manufacturers (some of whom would be out of business if a ban goes through) there is no way in my opinion number 2 is even an option. Stranger things have happened though. I think when you consider the about face made this week by Sen. Joe Manchin, presumably after the NRA got hold of him, i think it is very doubtful.

My guess would be:

• An openner that talks about how sad and horrified they all are with the tragety of the shooting and the loss of so many young lives
  • An indication that they understand everyone's desire to seek a solution, but that they don't accept the idea that stripping lawful gun owners of their rights will prevent future trageties
  • Talk of their support for mental health reform. Perhaps even a pledge to offer their own donations to such initiatives.
  • Close with a request that everyone not rush to implement rash gun control laws based on emotion alone.

I agree. I think they'll also throw a reminder in there that the guns were all obtained legally by the owner and the perp stole them to commit the crime. I also think they're going to say something along the lines that a portion of all future memberships will go to mental health screening or they will make some huge multi-million dollar donation or maybe both.

Thanks for all the views folks - I decided to go with the M2 with confetech and gost rings..Wasn't the $600 bucks savigns but rather a lb lighter (i appreciate this after standing shoots with my beloved M1A - which is a heavy rifle and it's only challanging aspect IMHO), seems like a simple design (all things equal simple is better), still looks very cool (ok, not quite as cool as M4)...And if iit shoots as fast as the M4 as folks imple, and is just if not more reliable ->M2 is my ticket...Now the challange of aquiring one - no easy task..Tried 4 spots already and nada.

I agree. I think they'll also throw a reminder in there that the guns were all obtained legally by the owner and the perp stole them to commit the crime. I also think they're going to say something along the lines that a portion of all future memberships will go to mental health screening or they will make some huge multi-million dollar donation or maybe both.

Not that I disagree that helping people with real mental issues is bad, but why should the NRA be funding it?

How about gas companies? Arsonist's flammable of choice.

Fertilizer manufacturers? Home made bomb maker's most bang for the buck award/

Knife manufacturers?

List goes on and on and on.

It's really very simple.

Not one thing the NRA espouses caused this disaster. There is nothing to apologize for and I really think that they should keep asking about the CT "assault weapon" ban and how much good that did. Also the "no gun zone" and how well that worked. Obviously worded in a much more civil tone that I would use.

Connecticut's gun free zone was a major factor in all those people being killed. If you are willing to run at a man with a rifle, you are damn sure gonna do whatever is necessary to stop him. At least 2 people died trying to stop the lunatic, if they had been allowed (not required) to have a gun this whole thing would have be a 10 minute story in the news cycle.

Something along the lines of "Principal kills/wounds gunman film at 11"

Not that I disagree that helping people with real mental issues is bad, but why should the NRA be funding it?

How about gas companies? Arsonist's flammable of choice.

Fertilizer manufacturers? Home made bomb maker's most bang for the buck award/

Knife manufacturers?

List goes on and on and on.

It's really very simple.

Not one thing the NRA espouses caused this disaster. There is nothing to apologize for and I really think that they should keep asking about the CT "assault weapon" ban and how much good that did. Also the "no gun zone" and how well that worked. Obviously worded in a much more civil tone that I would use.

Connecticut's gun free zone was a major factor in all those people being killed. If you are willing to run at a man with a rifle, you are damn sure gonna do whatever is necessary to stop him. At least 2 people died trying to stop the lunatic, if they had been allowed (not required) to have a gun this whole thing would have be a 10 minute story in the news cycle.

Something along the lines of "Principal kills/wounds gunman film at 11"

Because that's what the masses want to hear. I don't agree with it, but believe it will happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I would focus on stories that reflect positive gun ownership and the saving of life... the stories that the media won't report. I would discuss the fact that that wacko in Colorado visited a number of theaters before he chose that anti-gun establishment. I would discuss how Gifford's shooter was partially stopped by a private CCW holder. I would mention the "hack up school kids with a machete" mentality of our esteemed human right's neighbor's countryman, and how the lack of guns didn't avert the tragedy. I would discuss examples of terrorism and how helpless Americans would be without a way to defend themselves. I would probably recall the implications of Fast and Furious and how the "end justify the means" mentality for that to instigate more gun control in this country has left the president, poor Clinton with her concussion (maybe the tax payers should chip in for a helmet), and there are quite a few other things I would mention.... I might allude to the fact that the revolving criminal justice system and the drug culture as supplemented by the government would all lead to violence and lack of personal responsibility. If the NRA doesn't take advantage of this, then I would certainly consider putting my money somewhere else. And, lastly, any mental health checks the private citizen should have to go through as a gun owner should also be put forth on the ruling, elitists and necessary before taking office.

All I found was this on their Facebook page.

12-21-2012

10:45 EST

Live stream from : NRA.org, Facebook Page, NRANews.com

I would assume it would also be broadcasted on Fox News and other media outlets as they all mention today is when NRA makes their statement and push.