Shawnmoore81

Government bought ammo?

This is very likely remember the DHS purchased several hundred tons of 40 S&W, 357, & .223. Then redacted the second round of FOIA papers. THe hysteria is outrageous. NO .223 ANYWHERE. You either had it before this crap happened or your not going to get it.

Yes, the government has bought millions of rounds of ammo. ATK runs the Lake City ammo plant, and also produces Federal branded ammo. As Blacksmythe says, there were a bunch of stories recently about gov't ammo buys for various agencies. Plus FY end & beginning purchases around 1 Oct. The current PANIC buying is just that, a panic. I was going to do a small ammo buy in Jan, just to replenish stuff I used up, but now will have to pay more inflated prices because of everyone freaking out. I doubt that the gov't bought up lots of ammo just to keep it out of our hands.

I have a friend who is an NRA LEO instructor; because of this his training center can buy ammo from government distributers at a "discounted"* price. His distributer is out of 223 and 9mm. I don't know the reasons for the govenrment's mass buying (if true) but I hope it isn't to keep it out of our hands. With that said, I wouldn't put it past this administration.

*He claims the prices are the best out there. I have seen his price list and he does save a buck or two/box on things like JHP ammo and specific name brands which is good if you are only shooting those specific ammunitions, but I can get a case cheaper of a different brand which works just as good.

It's not the govt buying up all the ammo. Most large agencies buy in bulk. I know for a fact that some agencies buy at least 750,000 rounds at a time for just normal usage. The online stores are holding back inventory to increase prices. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Hey duppie I copied a local ffl owners Facebook status. It's not like I made it all up. I'm going over an ammo distributors house this week to see what he says. He supplies local pd's and even during the last shortage he had a ton of it and sold it to me cheaper then anywhere else. Depending on what that guy says is how you know whether to buy it all up or not. This is exactly why I left this site before. Jerk offs and their stupid little comments. And yes I just called you a jerk off. Anyone wonder why when I pick up 5.56mm for $140 for 500 rounds I don't post it up first. Well that's why.

Hey duppie I copied a local ffl owners Facebook status. It's not like I made it all up. I'm going over an ammo distributors house this week to see what he says. He supplies local pd's and even during the last shortage he had a ton of it and sold it to me cheaper then anywhere else. Depending on what that guy says is how you know whether to buy it all up or not. This is exactly why I left this site before. Jerk offs and their stupid little comments. And yes I just called you a jerk off. Anyone wonder why when I pick up 5.56mm for $140 for 500 rounds I don't post it up first. Well that's why.

Welcome back...I see you're as classy and pertinent as ever.

I think its Obamas back door gun control. I bought some 45 acp last year between 33 and 37 cents a round.

Looking last night its about 44 cents a round delivered for PMC and federal ball. 223 and 556 I really have no idea of the price climb.

Ammo has been a tough find at the PA wally worlds the last few years. I dont know when the panic buying will stop with ammo its been a few years now.

It's not the govt buying up all the ammo. Most large agencies buy in bulk. I know for a fact that some agencies buy at least 750,000 rounds at a time for just normal usage. The online stores are holding back inventory to increase prices. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Its a procurement contract that gets 750mil over a period of 5 yrs hyped to oblivion by tinfoilers.

The federal training facility next to my dads house in New Mexico uses 18 million rounds a year.

The hysteria is freekin crazy..met a guy who states he spends time everyday scouring the net for .223...says he already had 15 thousand rounds already and wont stop buying..really? WTF are you gonna do with 15k rds? ..his answer.."uh I dont know". My tank platoon didnt carry that much small arms

My wife is dod and ther is no way the government could buy extra ammo in a week. It takes forever to do government contracts if the government wanted to buy ammo to keep it out of our hands it would be at least 3 months before it could happen. Do you know how many levels if crap you have to go to in order to do say a 500,000 dollar purchase forget trying to do a multimillion dollar purchase in less then a week. It is all panic buying and let's not encourage it with bs.

My wife is dod and ther is no way the government could buy extra ammo in a week. It takes forever to do government contracts if the government wanted to buy ammo to keep it out of our hands it would be at least 3 months before it could happen. Do you know how many levels if crap you have to go to in order to do say a 500,000 dollar purchase forget trying to do a multimillion dollar purchase in less then a week. It is all panic buying and let's not encourage it with bs.

Exactly

Yeah rich, I just wish you'd ignore my posts.

Judging by the tone of the majority of the posts on this tread I think we all will in the future.......Dejavous all over again. huh Shawn.

I wish there was an ignore button, like on SVTP, for certain posters.

There is an ignore feature built into the forum. Just click on your profile, it's not hard to find at all.

Actually I've never been to this guys shop in my life. He just opened it up recently. I buy ammo straight from a distributor or the in home ffl a mile from me. Now it's amazing the amount of pm's I get from people who agree with me. That there are a lot of petty people on here who do nothing but like to argue. But you know what, I'd rather ride a raptor then be way up on a high horse. There obviously is something going on today. There is a war against the 2nd amendment. If you doubt what this administration is willing to do then good for you. I hope you like that bubble you live in. But I personally think our government is full a criminals. They are playing on people's emotions to get guns banned and that isn't right. Justice is suppose to be blind and just weigh the facts.