Duppie

In the spirit of Christmas...What's cooking?

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah.

In the spirit of the season,What's on your Christmas table?. Ours reflect our rather mixed heritage and upbringing with Portuguese Garlic Pork and crusty bread,Caribbean styled baked ham,Filipino lechon, home cured salmon,Rum black cake,flan,Norwegian creme cake and punch a creme to wash it down........usually followed by Alka Setzler.

So what's on yours?

Homemade perogies, the dog is waiting for one too hit the floor.

perogidrop001_zps48c01ebe.jpg

Reminds me of making Christmas Pastelles in the Islands. We had several dogs also waiting for what ever "mistakenly" hit the floor,along with endless rum and Cokes. Needless to say the ones made pre cocktails had better structural integrity the those made post cocktails.

A Black Forrest pork roast from Riekers Deli in Foxchase, brussel sprouts with bacon, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy and a nice filet of Mahi-Mahi marinated in a ginger, garlic, onion and hoisin sauce for my sister the pescatarian. Warsteiner Oktoberfest and Red Vin to wash it down. Assorted cookies(made by the wifeand kids) and a cheese cake(made by my mom) for dessert. The roast is a pork loin stuffed with sausage and wrapped in bacon, Awesome.

Smothered and roasted turkey breast and wings, Apple Stuffing, Baked macaroni, Candied Yams, home made rolls, & coconut cake for desert.

Smothered with?????? I'm always curious.

Tonight, lasagna.

Tomorrow, turducken, with duck fat potatoes and broccoli/bacon.

with a side of Crestor.

Merry Christmas!

Duck and Bacon fat is kitchen gold hoarded in my kitchen. Now try caramelizing a big pan of onions in duck fat and freeze it. A table spoon on steaks,chicken or even Mac and Cheese all through the year is a treat.

Well, trying to keep Christmas eve and Christmas day low key (have a 2 year old grandson in the house so it's more about Santa then food this year) Lasagna tonight, jambalaya tomorrow. I will be smoking a brisket later in the week though!

Duck and Bacon fat is kitchen gold hoarded in my kitchen. Now try caramelizing a big pan of onions in duck fat and freeze it. A table spoon on steaks,chicken or even Mac and Cheese all through the year is a treat.

Yes, same here. Hence the Crestor comment. I'd rather chance my liver to Crestor and eat real food. Not like we eat this way all year.

The potatoes are cooked with carmalized (in duck fat) onions!

Merry Christmas to all!

Hope Santa fills your stockings with goodies!