tony357

Unbelievable...4 firemen shot Rochester NY

Two confirmed dead in the past 15 minutes.

Sorry didnt see the link included it.

What.. The FvCK is wrong with people.

Give no quarter, show no mercy for all of these shitbags that think killing innocent people is anything but a 1 way ticket to pain, suffering, and death for their atrocities.

That's crazy.

And look at this dumb comment:

Hunters: Isn't this too high a price for the rest of society to have to pay so that you can have unrestrained access to guns for your little hobby?

As a retired volunteer firefighter for 21 years this hits home big time. How many times did I arrive at the scene of a call and exit my vehicle or the fire engine rushing to help those in need and getting shot at never crossed my mind. These guys were doing their duty, to help others without hesitation and they are shot at ??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??? This animal or animals need to be hunted down and dealt with. Death Penalty all the way.

REST IN PEACE MY BROTHERS.

I have to go to Rochester once a year, for the weekend, and this does not surprise me one bit. There are neighborhoods there that rival the worst Camden, Newark, Paterson, Jersey City or Irvington have to offer.

Condolences and sympathies to their families and co-workers. The Lord has taken two more angels to watch over their brothers and sisters as they continue put their lives on the line helping others.

RIP my brothers, you will never be forgotten. We've got it from here.

Njscott, lets pull out a map first. The town of Webster is not in downtown Rochester. Webster is a very wealthy and nice community. While I not disagree Rochester has its bad spot in the city, you name me a city that doesn't. This is an extremely horrible event.

Farmer: You are absolutely right. I took the headline and made an ill-advised generalization. While Rochester, like virtually all big cities, does have its craphole areas, this certainly was not one of them, but a very nice waterfront suburb of it.

Next time I'll actually open the link before I bloviate ;(

codolence to the heroes that passed away. i read one was a police officer Lt off duty whose a firefighter and the other a 911 dispatcher. im truly sorry, and i hope that your families find the strenght to heal. for all the volunteers that does not have a protocol that a police officer be onscene before they jump out of there rig FD or EMT, i hope you set this protocol so you get to go home at the end of the day. Thank you to the LE's that keeps us safe! stay safe everyone.

There are so many sick people coming out lately!

What's going on?

Mostly, it's the USA's complete lack of a functioning healthcare, and especially mental healthcare, system.

We let millions go without care due to the for-profit system, we make mental health care prohibitively expensive and not even covered except for under the best most expensive policies. We shun and outcast the mentally ill rather than treat them as equals who are sick.

So they fester, get wrapped up in their own thoughts, or ideology, then decide to kill themselves and take as many with them as they can.

Gunman who ambushed firefighters killed grandmother in 1980, police say

http://usnews.nbcnew...police-say?lite

The gunman who ambushed four volunteer firefighters, killing two, in upstate New York had spent 17 years in prison for beating his grandmother to death in 1980, police said.

Williams Spengler opened fire on the volunteers as they responded to a blaze just before 6 a.m. ET in a small cluster of homes along Lake Ontario in Webster, N.Y., police said, rocking this close-knit community.

The 62-year-old convicted felon had apparently set a trap, firing on the first responders from atop an earthen berm.

Police would not say what kinds of guns Spengler used, but as a convicted felon, he could not legally own firearms.

This is too close to home for me, I mean this is so close to where I grew up at. It hits me even harder when my brother in law is a fireman. I know the whole crew in 2 towns, they are always on call, I never understood how people can volunteer or do it full time.

I can't believe this a-hole nut job did this.

I recall hearing that this (fd being shot at) was a regular occurrence back in the 90's in Jersey City.

Yup, my pops is a retired fireman and the stories he tells would make you sick.