iRescue

Shore Shot: Spikes stripped lower - $390

Even pistols are on back order. I mean manufacturers have been full steam for quite some time. Now with the proposed mag cap, everybody is buying as much high cap stuff as possible.

I called Lawmens to ask about a gun for a Leo I know. I was told he has no 19's, 17's, 26's, 27's, 23's at all. He said he sold 60 something Glock 19's in two weeks.

All they have is g30's and g36's. He said he is back ordered with smith, sig,, Glock, Remington, moss berg etc...........

I was at Shore Shot tonight. There was a Arsenal SGL21 (I think) and a Century WASR-10 on the back wall. Either the Arsenal or both of them were $1500

Seems like a lot more people shooting long guns indoors these days

Handgun ammo hasn't gone up much there yet (maybe 2 bucks for .40 S&W) although it was PMC bronze. Normally they've got Federal American Eagle or Fiocchi

A WASR-10 FOR $1500?!

nuclear_explosion.jpg

Lol, selling their ENTIRE inventory likely paid the bills for the next year. They were not a shop that had 5 guns in stock. The cases were packed. If someone is broke in 3 months and can't pay the bills, that has nothing to do with shortage of guns and everything to do with poor business management and lack of foresight.

But it does seem that the shortage is on anything AR related.... I think Pistols, shotguns etc are easy to come by?

This is the answer, you need to know the business your in, I foresee an issue with my business next year the insurance co's have totaled a lot of my customers boats those are lost customers and boats i will not be servicing in the spring. I did get some work out of the storm still waiting on insurance co's to pay for 2/3 of the work we did but that money has to be saved and cannot be spent in order to pay bills over the winter and spring. i lost half of my winterization that is a big hit but the money was made up in recovery work performed after sandy. Big question is what will this spring bring?

I know Mastadon, for new ones were around $150 or so, in line with the increase from mfr.... contact them.

If Shore Shot charges $200 they are doubling their money, but $390?!? Still can't get over it. Will people buy them? I am sure... I would not have a vendor on here for doing that. That is beyond greed. Look at Gunbroker or other places... $250 tops.

Well let's say you'd move 12 of those lowers in a month and made $50 each for $600. Now they are going to be lucky to get 4 in a month. That's $150 you need to tack on rather than $50. If cost to them was $100, that's $250.

It goes up quickly.

However to the ffls and others fanning the flames, barring a ban, the price WILL go down. We simply have too much manufacturing capacity, and current conditions will leave those manufacturers more margin to survive fluctuations, not less. Who retails what and entities like spikes/bcm/etc. may change up. First time I built an at there was no panic, and brass cased ammo was $3.50 a box. Wolf was $2.25. The cheapest stripped lower I could find was $125. Raw materials are higher, and there has been inflation, and lowers better than that $125 one were on sale regularly for $79.99 and discounted to $50 at regular intervals. We sure as hell aren't going to anchor and set a $250 for a $50-80 lower. Once demand slows, the price will drop slowly right up until the gunshop with sunk cost inventory stuck on the shelf wants to pay some bills and stay open at the same time the manufacturers don't want to be paying for idle workers and machines, and the hoarders decide their 10 spare lowers aren't needed that badly given they have 6 built up rifles to boot.

It's call supply and demand. If you want one, stop crying and buy it before even lowers aren't available. We are in a crisis here folks, get whatever you can get and pay whatever they ask or STFU.

:facepalm:

Plenty of supply at $250 too. They are just getting that price because well, look at your typical gun owner now... panicked.

I got a Lower at $1,000 for you if you want.... We are in a crisis mode.... get it while you can.

It's call supply and demand. If you want one, stop crying and buy it before even lowers aren't available. We are in a crisis here folks, get whatever you can get and pay whatever they ask or STFU.

Thank you for your eloquent, calming words and not adding to the undue hysteria.

Lol, selling their ENTIRE inventory likely paid the bills for the next year. They were not a shop that had 5 guns in stock. The cases were packed. If someone is broke in 3 months and can't pay the bills, that has nothing to do with shortage of guns and everything to do with poor business management and lack of foresight.

But it does seem that the shortage is on anything AR related.... I think Pistols, shotguns etc are easy to come by?

Huh .. so this goes back to the price of gas thing. They have to pay the bills AND buy more supply. If their new supply is at a higher price or in smaller quantities then it affects future earnings which they might need to offset. You are a money man, you should know this. Again, not saying they are doing it smartly, I'm just saying that I'm not going to hang them to dry for it. Its not like I ever shopped there, but I wouldn't hesitate to in the future. If I don't like the price, I don't buy it. Simple enough,.

Oh, and I'm seeing reports of pretty much everything flying of the shelves. I don't know if that is true in NJ, but anecdotal intertubes reports are basically saying that anything of military utility is leaving the stores, down to those racks of Mosins.

There is another aspect that some people (or any people) are thinking about. This whole crazy run on firearms/parts/ammo happened at the worst time. The holidays. Sales were already thru the roof on Black Friday and past. The industry was chugging along supporting everything because of forecasted sales predictions for Christmas/Black Friday.

Then Sandy Hook happened and blew predictions out of the water. Barring legislation to the contrary, everything will work itself out.

To those crying "Gouging!!!!!111!1!1!" You are incorrect in your statements. Gouging happens in time of emergency. Example, the reports of bodegas selling boxes of matches, batteries, and bottles of water for over 10 times the original price. That is price gouging. Artificially increasing price during an emergency. As Midwest said, firearms are discresionarry (sp) items, and we are in a spenders created emergency.

I am here hoping for the best, and hoping that I actually get to shoot my rifle at some point and don't have it taken away. Shore Shot is going to do, what they are going to do. Don't say they are doing something wrong when they are not, according to the law, just vote with your $$$.

Everyone, keep breathing and writing letters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

:facepalm:

Plenty of supply at $250 too. They are just getting that price because well, look at your typical gun owner now... panicked.

I got a Lower at $1,000 for you if you want.... We are in a crisis mode.... get it while you can.

What's ironic is, there were forged spike's lowers at a PA gunshow labeled $1K each...and they were selling.

Funny how capitalism is only supported when it works in ones favor.

It's just like how when new electronics such as the ipad, iphone 5 came

out people would sell on ebay for triple the retail price and people

would buy them. No one is forcing anyone to buy a $1000 lower.

To some people the difference between $100 and $1000 is not a big

deal. If they feel comfortable buying at that price so be it. As for me

i'll wait it out. If things get banned I'll use a slingshot. Oh WTF!? those

are already illegal here! Doh!

Funny how capitalism is only supported when it works in ones favor.

It's just like how when new electronics such as the ipad, iphone 5 came

out people would sell on ebay for triple the retail price and people

would buy them. No one is forcing anyone to buy a $1000 lower.

To some people the difference between $100 and $1000 is not a big

deal. If they feel comfortable buying at that price so be it. As for me

i'll wait it out. If things get banned I'll use a slingshot. Oh WTF!? those

are already illegal here! Doh!

This isn't a discussion on how capitalism works. We all know they can price them at whatever and provably sell a few. I don't see anyone here stand up for capitalism when local businesses are closing because product is cheaper and more readily available online. We only hear how we should support our local businesses(which I do) and literally spend more money just because. Capitalism says it's they're fault and they should sell they're products cheaper.

I'm questioning the ethics of selling something on a massive markup, consumer be damned.

What I dont get is, 1000's of pistols (such as Glocks) disappeared from the shelves in NJ stores within last 15 or so days.

Whats left is priced crazy. So given all these stories about how people wait atleast 30 days (and much longer) for new Pistol Permits

and One-Gun-Per-31-day rule, how did that happen ?

Response from Shore Shot after few people questioned the $385 price tag on spikes stripped lowers

"we are trying to sell them to our customers. could have put them on gunbroker"

He went on to explain how he's paying premium prices for the lowers now and has to charge higher prices. He offered some comparisons to other places who are charging 60 bucks for glock mags (hint hint: they're charging 50 bucks for pmags) and other reasons why the market is the way it is.

I'm not trying to make this a SS hate thread, god knows there are plenty already.

My point is....while one or two people searching for lowers will buy at that price....most, and i'd wager a majority of their loyal customers will not be able to afford it. Many have been loyal to that shop for a long time...but seeing this pricing makes me think they aren't exactly giving that loyalty back.

What I dont get is, 1000's of pistols (such as Glocks) disappeared from the shelves in NJ stores within last 15 or so days.

Whats left is priced crazy. So given all these stories about how people wait atleast 30 days (and much longer) for new Pistol Permits

and One-Gun-Per-31-day rule, how did that happen ?

The FFL's turned around and sold them online to out of state buyers.

Response from Shore Shot after few people questioned the $385 price tag on spikes stripped lowers

"we are trying to sell them to our customers. could have put them on gunbroker"

Well I guess I'm wrong. We should be happy they decided to rip us off locally instead of someone in another state.....

:fool::pardon:

I was wrong, the WASR-10 price tag is $1,800. But it comes with some extra mags I think (hard to read the hang tag from the other side of the counter)

WASR 10 for $1,800?

Everyone should be running to BA.... Phil had a WASR for $850 last go around.

DAmn... I have my VEPR listed here for $1800 with 15 mags, and it is ALOT better gun. lo.

Lucianos is selling the arms and ammo 15/20 mags for $50 I know they didnt double in price for a fact.

They were $28 prior to Ct. frankly i dont trust any dealer that exhibits that kind of behavior with their pricing, so i dont

contribute to their bank accounts anymore. There are plenty of places to shop.

I saw the $50 A-n-A mags the other day at Lucianos as well. But, they also had a stainless Mini14 for high $800s ($890 maybe? don't remember the exact price) which I thought was reasonable given that they were going for $750-800 before the panic. It's hit or miss I guess.

Lucianos is selling the arms and ammo 15/20 mags for $50 I know they didnt double in price for a fact.

They were $28 prior to Ct. frankly i dont trust any dealer that exhibits that kind of behavior with their pricing, so i dont

contribute to their bank accounts anymore. There are plenty of places to shop.

+1000

Is that an 07 FFL, by chance? :)

Joe, Mastodon does........

My Lord what are *we* doing wrong...........

Someone who was just at the shop said we are crazy for keeping the existing lowers we have at $ 122.00.....(ZED that is)........and the other 40 at 150....

Well the good part is we are NOT gouging.......BUT when it comes time and we cannot get other product....I wonder who will try to still support us.....*THAT* is the flip side to the coin.....let's hope it is not a one way street...otherwise we have made a very bad decision....

i think most of the forum members will do their best to support you. i know i will. i have been meaning to make the trip up to your shop. just haven't had the time yet, or extra coin to actually buy something and make it worthwhile. maybe ill come up with my tax check and buy something fun.

just got an m1a from mastodon today.:-) Now just the wait for the NICs

I certainly wasnt crying either about dealers exploiting the situation,simply making a point that i wont

buy from them. Their shop their prices,my coin my choice.