Cemeterys Gun Blob

Assembleyman David Rible says NO to gun owner info publizing

Looks like Assemblyman David Rible (R-Monmouth) wants to introduce legislation that will keep gun owner info to law enforcement eyes only........

Making this information available in the newspaper essentially provides a blueprint for criminals looking for guns. Information on who possesses a gun should be available only to law enforcement and not to every criminal who picks up a newspaper

http://savejersey.com/2013/01/rible-protect-gun-owner-privacy

You know, part of me wondered how many battered women were outed with that newspaper and corresponding map. Some woman finally gets the courage to leave her husband, she is afraid of him. She gets a new job and apartment and buys a gun. And now her former husband can track her down.

I don't know what that newspaper was thinking when they did this.

you need to ask this???

Yeah, I suppose the newspapers think that all gun owners are overweight white men with pickup trucks and hunter camo. They probably didn't even consider that they may out a woman who is trying to hide from her ex husband.

I know I will get beat up for this but I would like to see an updated list of NJ CCW holders made public as I KNOW it will show that only the elite and connected are granted their second amendment rights. I believe this evidence when presented to the circuit court will weigh in our favor. We would know what their "justifible need" was to have a permit issued and would be able to "copy and paste" their reason onto your own application. other than that I don't even want the cops to know I own guns. As far as I'm concerned there are two people on planet earth that should know I have a gun, Myself and the person I purchased it from, law enforcment should not even know.

I know I will get beat up for this but I would like to see an updated list of NJ CCW holders made public as I KNOW it will show that only the elite and connected are granted their second amendment rights. I believe this evidence when presented to the circuit court will weigh in our favor. We would know what their "justifible need" was to have a permit issued and would be able to "copy and paste" their reason onto your own application. other than that I don't even want the cops to know I own guns. As far as I'm concerned there are two people on planet earth that should know I have a gun, Myself and the person I purchased it from, law enforcment should not even know.

I was actually thinking the same thing but how can you out one group and then say it's not okay to out another. So I understand your thinking and I believe you are right as to the current CCW holders are most likely rich and politically connected but i'm sure there are a few who aren't.

+10000000

Well, there are no government records of gun ownership in my county. But I wish they could put it on a map and show it to New Yorkers. I think the public of NY has a right to now that PA counties bordering NJ and NY have a 1 out of 14 carry rate on average.

Yeah, I suppose the newspapers think that all gun owners are overweight white men with pickup trucks and hunter camo. They probably didn't even consider CARE that they may out a woman who is trying to hide from her ex husband.

FTFY..that was shown then they kept their own employee's information out of that list

:mosking:

I commend the Assemblyman's action but I too was thinking the same thing. Justifiable need is just more NJ BS. Always remember when you are dealing with NJ state government perception is everything and reality is nothing. The real CCW app decision comes from being plugged-in to Political party in charge and justifiable need is just something the political hack instructs his cronie buddy to scribble on the app, They already know in advance it will get approved. Like many here I'm a life long NJ resident and I like others here have non-resident ccw permits. We could carry in 30+ other states but we can't carry in our home state, that's mindboggling

I'm a little confused.. isn't that info already private (I assume via the same bill that caused the collection of said info)? Are we now at the point where we need to pass bills to restate what's already being done?

I believe that is still open to debate. I raised this issue in another thread and did not receive any response. I ask for someone to give me the cite that says permit records (all types of gun permits - CC, P2P, FPID) are not public records.

It is written into the NJAC - but AFAIK, that does not carry the weight of law. Would like to see if there is a corresponding statute - I couldn't find one.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I feel like we should commend this elected official in someway. It might be a good idea to send letters of support for a change. A little positive reinforcement can go a long way.. letting the good guys know that we appreciate what they are doing for us and are going to support them.

As far as I'm concerned there are two people on planet earth that should know I have a gun, Myself and the person I purchased it from, law enforcment should not even know.

And the person that you bought it from should ALWAYS get amnesia.