Cemeterys Gun Blob

18 Gun Control Bills introduced today.

The mag capacity bills (NJA3664 and S2475) are not yet posted on the NJ legislature website. Does anyone have an inkling whether they will include grandfathering? Not that they'd be ok with grandfathering, but I'm trying to get a sense of just how bad they are.

I GUARANTEE Christie does not sign 1 additional gun control law in NJ.

And yes, I think al lof those proposals are insane.

You've got to do stuff on guns...

http://livewire.talk...ns-is-political

I'm not sure what "stuff on guns" means.

But if NJ's past is prologue it means harassing 61 year old guys in the suburbs who want to shoot clay pigeons more than it means inconveniencing drug dealers in Newark and Camden.

I telecommute (to DC) and my wife is retiring (from the state). For the first time today, she actually seemed receptive to leaving NJ and moving south. Not because of this -- because of taxes and everything else.

My thoughts on each.

A-3645/S-2476 Requires ammunition sales and transfers be conducted as face-to-face transactions. But aren't all transactions FTF by nature.

A-3646/S-2474 Establishes a regulatory system to govern the sale and transfer of ammunition. What? Commerce?

A-3653 Criminalizes purchasing or owning weapon if person has previous conviction of unlawful possession of weapon. Already there

A-3659 Revises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater. Was going to show up one day

A-3664 Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey. In place

A-3666/S-2465 Prohibits mail order, Internet, telephone, and any other anonymous method of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey. BIG PROBLEM

A-3667 Requires mental health screening by licensed professional to purchase a firearm. FU!

A-3668/S-2467 Prohibits investment by State of pension and annuity funds in companies manufacturing, importing, and selling assault firearms for civilian use. Whatever

A-3676 Requires psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm. Another FU!

A-3687 Disqualifies person named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun. In place already

A-3688 Requires mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness to purchase firearm. A third FU!

A-3689 Requires security guards who carry weapons to wear certain uniform, including identification card. In place I believe.

A-3690/S-2430 Declares violence a public health crisis, recommends expansion of mental health programs, recommends federal adoption of gun control measures, and establishes “Study Commission on Violence.” Whatever... a no-show contract job for a cronie, BS

AJR-89 Urges President and US Senate to ratify Arms Trade Treaty proposed by United Nations. Let me here FU again

AR-133 Expresses support for creation of task force on gun control led by Vice President Biden. Sing it loud... idiots.

S-2464 Regulates sale and transfer of rifle and shotgun ammunition. How... limit purchases?

S-2475 Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds. Feel better... because 5 more is 50% worse.

SR-92 Urges Congress to strengthen gun control laws. Feel Better

My letter:

Good day.

I am writing today in an effort to put forth my opinion on the 18 Gun Control Bills put forth in the current session.

A little background, I am a professional, I am a property owner, I am a lifelong resident of this great state, I am a philanthropist and I am a gun owner.

I deplore violence. I believe anyone committing any crime with a gun should be put away for a very long time. I believe that the current laws in NJ are onerous and intrusive, but do manage to keep those who should not posses firearms from possessing them.

Owning a firearm is a responsibility and one to not be taken lightly. That being said, firearms, in and of themselves are tools. Tools can not perform an action without an operator.

Legal, law abiding gun owners are not the problem with gun violence in this state and country. Criminals or those with mental health issues are. Making it harder, or impossible, for law abiding citizens to purchase and enjoy their firearms will no more solve the problems we face, than would banning black cars, because that is the most prominent color in DUI incidents.

Logical, thought out legislation to help a problem is great and what is needed. Knee jerk reactions to tragedies, based on misinformation is not.

I encourage you to please look at each piece of legislation introduced and apply logic and reason, rather than emotion or "it feels good".

None of the 18 proposals are logical to me, and I can not see how any of them would reduce or eliminate crime.

Scarface is not now gun owners act. I encourage you to attend a local gun range, during a normal day of operation, and you will see nothing but decent people, enjoying a sport, safely.

Thank you,

Notice how they put the "face to face meeting with mental health professional" in there three times? Looks like one of them WILL probably be considered...as they are obviously pushing for this. I believe it could be a game changer...it could go something like this:

Shrink: "Do you believe in God"

You: "Why yes...I do".

Shrink: "That's crazy...Denied"

Notice how they put the "face to face meeting with mental health professional" in there three times? Looks like one of them WILL probably be considered...as they are obviously pushing for this. I believe it could be a game changer...it could go something like this:

Shrink: "Do you believe in God"

You: "Why yes...I do".

Shrink: "That's crazy...Denied"

While I'm pretty sure the state would be sued straight into the ninth circle of hell if one of them tried that, I can certainly see them looking at buying multiple firearms as some sort of "paranoia" and a reason for denial. If this passes, thousands of people will be labeled as mentally ill overnight.

Notice how they put the "face to face meeting with mental health professional" in there three times? Looks like one of them WILL probably be considered...as they are obviously pushing for this. I believe it could be a game changer...it could go something like this: Shrink: "Do you believe in God" You: "Why yes...I do". Shrink: "That's crazy...Denied"

More like, "I can't find the list of approved mental health professionals".. "Oh, the nearest is 2 hours away and only open on Wednesdays from 10-11".. "Oh, the next available appointment is in 2 months".. "Oh, my health insurance doesn't cover the visit..", THEN it gets to "Do you believe in God? no. DENIED" repeat above.. "Do you believe in God? Yes. DENIED"..

How about utilizing the already limited mental health care professionals to KNOWN persons with problems? Not to start some witch hunt. And how long will it take before a list of pro and anti shrinks becomes available? What is going to the recourse procedures if you dispute the findings?

This entire thing is horse$hit covered in cake.

Do you guys truly believe, that the reason the healthcare bill passed, was because of a lack of letter writing to public officials?

You saw old geezers show up to town halls and screaming at their reps.You saw a constituent interaction with their public officials on a level we hadn't seen in years.

It still passed. Stupak and a handful of other politicians got bribed enough at the 11th hour and it got done. Your letters got recycled. Mind you, stupak lost his position after the next election.

Cuomo, Feinstein, Bloomberg, these people do not care about your letters. They value their careers, not your opinions, and they know that given their constituents, they can keep the first without listening to the second. The sooner you guys understand this, the sooner we can stop this bleeding.

You need to EMBARRASS them. Document and film them. Follow them around everywhere they go, asking them the

"win/win" type questions in which they have no answer to give that makes them look good. Force them to run away from you into a black town car that speeds away. Force them to tell you they have to run into a meeting. Gather these clips of all these reps ducking your questions, and PUBLISH IT. Stop writing damn letters. if you want to rub one out to feel good, go get some lube and tug yourself. Whatever pleasure these letters are giving you is not and will not result in anything, and it won't stop the avalanche. Remember, you live in NJ, not Alaska. You have to consider your electorate and your leaders. Someone will be bought at the 11th hour, if it comes to that, and they will laugh at you. You have to take the action to the other team.

Make them answer your questions (and look foolish and hypocritical) or force them to run away from you. You get 10 citizens to document the same politician ducking the same question 10 different times, you just made a youtube sensation and a political game changer. You write a letter to their office..they laugh, shred it, and send you a form letter saying "thank you for your letter on gun issues. We will be sure to consider it. Suck a d***""

Do you guys truly believe, that the reason the healthcare bill passed, was because of a lack of letter writing to public officials?

You saw old geezers show up to town halls and screaming at their reps.You saw a constituent interaction with their public officials on a level we hadn't seen in years.

It still passed. Stupak and a handful of other politicians got bribed enough at the 11th hour and it got done. Your letters got recycled. Mind you, stupak lost his position after the next election.

Cuomo, Feinstein, Bloomberg, these people do not care about your letters. They value their careers, not your opinions, and they know they know that given their constituents, they can keep the first without listening to the second. The sooner you guys understand this, the sooner we can stop this bleeding.

You need to EMBARRASS them. Document and film them. Follow them around everywhere they go, asking them the

"win/win" type questions in which they have no answer to give that makes them look good. Force them to run away from you into a black town car that speeds away. Force them to tell you they have to run into a meeting. Gather these clips of all these reps ducking your questions, and PUBLISH IT. Stop writing damn letters. if you want to rub one out to feel food, go get some lube and tug yourself. Whatever pleasure these letters are giving you is not and will not result in anything, and it won't stop the avalanche. Someone will be bought at the 11th hour, if it comes to that, and they will laugh at you. You have to take the action to the other team.

Make them answer your questions (and look foolish and hypocritical) or force them to run away from you. You get 10 citizens to document the same politician ducking the same question 10 different times, you just made a youtube sensation and a political game changer. You write a letter to their office..they laugh, shred it, and send you a form letter saying "thank you for your letter on gun issues. We will be sure to consider it. Suck a d***""

I live in south jersey.... There are no politicians around me to annoy..... Darn!!

But I like the way you think! And I think this is an awesome way to show that the people proposing these laws have no clue what they are talking about half the time. Or they are too good to talk to us.....

It's not about winning an intellectual argument. You can't win that, they don't see eye to eye with you. And that's not your goal. Your goal is to preserve and advance your rights.

It's about image. If you can't make them see the light, then make them feel the heat. I've described the tactics and the questions that they should be asked many times in other threads about letter writing.

So what's your YouTube channel, I want to subscribe and see all these videos ya got :)

It's not about winning an intellectual argument. You can't win that, they don't see eye to eye with you. And that's not your goal. Your goal is to preserve and advance your rights.

It's about image. If you can't make them see the light, then make them feel the heat. I've described the tactics and the questions that they should be asked many times in other threads about letter writing.

I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see what the outcome is.... to find out if Jefferson was right. One difference between Obamacare and 2A tho: nobody was going to shoot a politican or a LEO over Obamacare.

As bad as NJ is, it's still not as bad as CA.... in alot of ways, not just firearms laws. If there were a Sodom and Gomorrah in America, or perhaps a "france" lol, California is it.

As bad as NJ is, it's still not as bad as CA.... in alot of ways, not just firearms laws. If there were a Sodom and Gomorrah in America, or perhaps a "france" lol, California is it.

It's going to be worse if they successfully push this crap through.

ruger9, yes, but I'm doubtful that the federal ban will happen. There is, however, a strong possibility some of the garbage posted at the top of this thread will go ahead in NJ. It becomes even more likely if Cuomo is successful in NY. Don't expect tubby the magic RINO to stop any of this either.

I wrote again today to my state reps and the governor,

I am OPPOSED to any new firearms restrictions. The depraved acts of the

insane should not be used as a pretext to further curtail fundamental,

enumerated constitutional rights of law-abiding people. Find other ways

to "do something" in response to the Newtown tragedy.

The bill of rights is not negotiable, and every part of it retains it's

place at the TOP of our system of ordered liberty. This includes the

individual right to keep and bear arms.

I am a long-term registered Democrat, and support much of what the party

stands for and supports. But on the right to keep and bear arms, the

Democratic party is WRONG. Honor the oath you swore to uphold the

constitutions of New Jersey and the United States. Do not support any new

restrictions on this right.

At the next election and going forward, I, and many other organized

lawful gun owners will vote to preserve our rights. Further, we will

donate AGAINST and work towards the DEFEAT of any elected official or

candidate who works against our rights.

My buddy's daughter is autistic, will that impact his rights? Yea, the water is going to get real muddy with this one. Talk about discrimination.

Autism is not a mental illness FYI, but I see your trying to make a point about painting with a broad brush. We don't need any more misinformation out there though.