REQUIEMnJADED4U

I just got a call that my FID and P2P are ready!

I just got a call from my town's detective whom handles FID and PP's and he told me to come in and pick up my paperwork as its been approved and signed off on! I am in total shock and excited that it was done so quickly! I initially went in and handed in my application on 12/21/12 and was told to wait 6-8 weeks. I assumed it would take even longer given the back to back holidays at the end of the month. 21 days later and FID and P2P are ready! I'm going to head out in a little bit and pick up the paperwork! :D

P.S.

I live in Fair Lawn in Bergen County

Lucky you!!!

I have to wait a whole month just to drop off my application for another Pistol. And there is no telling how long this is gonna take this time.

When you pick it up, head straight to a store and get one!!! Enjoy!

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to shopping with Topher soon. I just picked up my paperwork and it was dated and signed on 1/4/13. So they could have called me last week to pick the permits. I'm not complaining one bit but I'm surprised they were able to process and complete everything in 14 days! I will post pics as soon as I make my first purchase.

Sadly, some PDs take it upon themselves to ensure that OGAM is not accidentally violated by only issuing one permit at a time, regardless of what the statute and official interpretation is...

I am aware of that (although I have never heard of them restricting anybody to one at a time), but why would he stand for that?

9mm is a good first pick. You have a polymer, striker fired and a all metal, hammer fired on your list. If you're looking for something of a hybrid between those choices, you have the FNX-9, which is a polymer, hammer fired pistol in about the same price range.

As much as people might moan about how now is a bad time to get into firearms, fact is that at no other time in our history have such a wide variety of quality offerings been available. It's very hard to make a bad choice.

Good luck!

Glock 19 and Beretta 92fs are the front runners. I'm trying to read up as much as I can about them. I will def look to go with a 9mm

though.

sent from my Samsung Note 2

I have the 23 which is the same as the 19 just in 40 s&w. Love it. hence my screenname. And I would love to own a 92fs but my hands are just too small too get the grip I feel I should have on it. So.... I went and got the px4. Shot that for the first time Thursday night and my god is she a soft shooter. Low recoil, great follow up shots, great groupings. The grip is still bigger then the 23/19 but a few more trips to the range I might have to change my screen name

Glock 19 and Beretta 92fs are the front runners. I'm trying to read up as much as I can about them. I will def look to go with a 9mm

though.

The Beretta 92FS is a fine pistol. But they have other advantages...

When you buy a Beretta you suddenly become exceptionally more handsome and interesting than you were before. When I first bought my Beretta 92, I took it home to clean it and... what do you know, a ticket to a fashion show in Milan fell out of the magazine well. So of course I was on the next flight to Italy. That's where I met my future wife. She was walking down the runway modeling a beautiful Armani dress. Well since I was now so handsome, she noticed me and just fell into my lap and asked me if I was a Beretta owner. I said that of course I was. She immediately took my hand and lead me out to her Ferrari 458. She kissed me passionately and pushed the keys in my hand and insisted that I take her to Gardone Val Trompia to be married by Ugo Gussalli Beretta himself.

Gardone Val Trompia is about an hour away from Milan... we made it there in about 10 minutes. This is a little-known fact, but Beretta pistols also bestow lightning-quick reflexes on their owners.

Ugo Gussalli Beretta was overjoyed to see me and he welcomed me like a son. He married my wife and I in a small private interfaith ceremony with the master craftsman of Beretta standing in as witnesses and ushers. My beautiful bride and I danced the Tarantella until dawn.

I have a friend of mine who bought a Glock as his first gun... he found a ticket to a Austria in his magazine well and ended up marring her:

glock_girl.jpg

You can't go wrong with either gun as a first firearm, but trust me. Go with the Beretta.

And please consider Joining NJ2AS.com and attending the Rally in Trenton the February 8th. Have fun, be safe, and welcome to the community.

Great story! Haha! I actually did decide to go with the Beretta, I'm also happy to say that my girlfriend favors the PX4 Storm as her choice. I have already joined the NRA and NJ2AS and look to contribute and help in any way I can such as the rally on the 8th.

though.

Your pretty much set with those my friend.

Good luck and be safe

Congratulations. I live in Fair Lawn and submitted my FID and 2 P2Ps the same day as you---12/21. I haven't gotten my call yet, but maybe I can hope to hear something this week...?

When did you have your fingerprints done? Mine were done on 12/27. I know that my reference letters were returned quickly, so everything is covered on my end. Again, congratulations...and I have to admit that I'm a little jealous!

Thank you, every day I feel more and more lucky that I got my FID and P2P when I did. I kept track of everything in detail on my phone in notes. I'll copy and paste below. I hope you get the call as well ASAP!

-Submitted FID and P2P forms at Fair Lawn Police Department on 12/21/12 at 8:30am

-Had fingerprints taken for background check on 12/27/12 at 3:25pm at Safran MorphoTrak in 299 Forest Ave 1st Floor Suite B Paramus, NJ

-Reference questionnaires filled out and mailed back to police station on 1/2/13

-FID and P2P approved on 1/4/13 and called for pickup at Fair Lawn Police Department on 1/11/13

Congratulations on the quick turnaround. Submitted my paperwork for replacement FID and P2P on Thursday. Hope I get get the same quick turnaround from Saddle Brook.

The Beretta 92FS was my first gun. It's a great gun.

Good Luck and welcome to the club.

Thank you, every day I feel more and more lucky that I got my FID and P2P when I did. I kept track of everything in detail on my phone in notes. I'll copy and paste below. I hope you get the call as well ASAP!

-Submitted FID and P2P forms at Fair Lawn Police Department on 12/21/12 at 8:30am

-Had fingerprints taken for background check on 12/27/12 at 3:25pm at Safran MorphoTrak in 299 Forest Ave 1st Floor Suite B Paramus, NJ

-Reference questionnaires filled out and mailed back to police station on 1/2/13

-FID and P2P approved on 1/4/13 and called for pickup at Fair Lawn Police Department on 1/11/13

I had a pretty good turnaround time in Saddle Brook as well:

11/29 - Submitted FID and P2P forms to Saddle Brook Police Department

12/05 - Got fingerprinted at Safran MorphoTrak in Paramus, NJ

12/21 - Reference questionnaires filled out and mailed back to Saddle Brook Police Department

01/09 - FID and P2P approved. Voice left in my home that they were ready.

01/10 - (Mid-Day) Picked up FID and P2P at the police station.

01/10 - (Evening) Purchased a full size Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm from Meltzer's Sporting Goods in Garfield

01/11 - (Evening) Picked up the Beretta at Meltzer's

Keeping in mind that the holidays were sandwiched in between, I couldn't be happier with the turnaround time. :D