this_is_nascar

1st NJ ATV Park to Open Sunday

It's not the first park we have had.

The legislation requires 3

The registration part is tied to park openings and point of sale.

More fines and penalties for " illegal use"are also tied to the legislation of the parks opening.

I am excited about finally having a place to ride just wondering how good it will be? Itll keep the kids off the streets and Im glad they are forcing your bike to be insured cause itll keep away all the aholes and thugs on banshees. After having to buy property in NY just to be able to ride and having to ride over 2 hours to ride anywhere in Pa, itll be a nice change of pace.

Ok, first review of the park. We went today. We called out to see if we could ride today(nothing else to do).

They said yes, and that no one showed up for the afternoon riding session(we were the only riders after 12:30).

Saw at least 20-25 people out riding the trails, on the way to the park.

So we rode out around 2:45. First gate- two state rangers, they ask for license, registration and insurance.

We go through to the next set of people- state forest officials. They ask to see license, registration and insurance again, then make us fill out some form.

We get onto the track and it's crap. All deep soft sand. There are no berms, it's rutted up from the 6 or 7 morning riders. There are 3 jumps which you can't jump because you can't get enough speed going with the sand.

I'm not running the best tires right now for sandy soil(Pirelli XCMH- medium to hard terrain).

We did a lap in about 2.5 minutes. After about 6 laps I had massive arm pump due to trying to keep the bike going straight in the sand.

Overall, they tried. Just the amount of people I saw riding on the trails, illegally, just goes to show that people have no ambition to PAY for registration and insurance only to legally be allowed to ride in a crappy off road park.

They said in about 2-3 weeks it will be turned over to a contractor and they are going to allow them to do WHATEVER they want to the park. They can go full motocross track, or keep it how it is, charge money etc.

Honestly, it's free and all, but I have no ambition to ride there ever again unless they get some serious gravel or crushed asphalt to mix into the sand to firm it up a bit.

Kind of a bad picture, but I wasn't there to be a photographer :lol: This is it. There are no more hidden areas or trails or anything. What you see in this picture is the entire park.

D4C57ED2-1D4F-41B4-B4CC-5C9327E67FB6-20553-0000131CE9CDB3F2.jpg

Gloves? Long Sleeves? Wrist Guards? Knee Pads?

WTF....I ride, and don't even wear this much. In the summer, Im lucky to even have sleeves, let alone long sleeves.. I dont wear gloves in the summer. Wrist Guards? Who uses wrist guards. Knees pads? yea, I'll bring knee pads, and give them to whoever I make blow me for trying to make me wear them.

Plus, who insures dirt bikes? I've never known of a dirt bike registered or insured.

Gloves? Long Sleeves? Wrist Guards? Knee Pads?

WTF....I ride, and don't even wear this much. In the summer, Im lucky to even have sleeves, let alone long sleeves.. I dont wear gloves in the summer. Wrist Guards? Who uses wrist guards. Knees pads? yea, I'll bring knee pads, and give them to whoever I make blow me for trying to make me wear them.

Plus, who insures dirt bikes? I've never known of a dirt bike registered or insured.

I didn't need wrist guards or knee pads today. I wear gloves all the time. Lots of people register and insure dirt bikes- like anyone who races Enduro's, dual sports, some harescrambles etc. My bike is a dual sport and I regularly ride it on the street and dirt as it is registered and insured as a motorcycle.

That place looks like shit! Looks like they just took a big field and added some sand. I thought there would be a lot of trails to ride on. Where are the trails you saw everyone else riding on?

It was a former motocross track which was known for being sandy. All they did was run a tractor and make a path, and added a few "jumps".

The trails we saw other people riding on were in the Belleplain/Woodbine area. There is a pit right behind my friends house, and there were a bunch of people riding out there, and we passed a bunch more on some of the Belleplain State Forest dirt roads. Saw some other riders popping out of a bike path which leads to another popular riding area as well. We are allowed to ride on these roads since they are open to registered motor vehicles(and our bikes are street legal, registered and insured).

Even if this is a step in the "right" direction, people don't want to pay for registration and insurance when they can continue to ride illegally and not really have any fear of being stopped by police. This is why the 20+ people we saw out riding illegally were still doing as they've always done and weren't in the legal off road park.

Here is one of their rules:

5. No reckless riding, including but not limited to, jumping, wheelies, donuts and double riding.

I broke the first two of these today because I didn't know they weren't allowed :lol:

To put this in perspective, Florida has a 2600 acre off road vehicle park. This one NJ opened is 63, and a good chunk of it are the parking lot and the driveway into the park. I'd say the actual riding area is probably only 15-20 acres. The State has the forest 5 minutes from this off road park which has 21,320 acres. They couldn't find a good chunk of land in that massive plot to build a bigger off road park? To think they could devote 1000 acres to the park, build a trail system, which makes the enduro/guys like me happy, and a motocross track to make the MX riders happy

Personally...I feel that this track only satisfies a very very small percentage of riders. I am not one of those riders.

I would imagine you can register an ATV or a dirt bike at the DMV/MVS. Progressive Insurance is one of the companies that will insure just about anything with wheels so you can probably get your insurance through them. Interesting concept, but not nearly large enough.

My hope is that when the (3) of these are completed, it will lessen the amount of illegal traffic/riders in the Pine Barrens. Many riders, not all, are very disrespectful to the environmental landscape of the Pines and go where they should not be. Many of those, again not all, when driving on the roads are hazardous in the way they take the corners and turns. I can't count the amount of ATV's that almost became hood ornaments because they were driving recklessly.

I would imagine you can register an ATV or a dirt bike at the DMV/MVS. Progressive Insurance is one of the companies that will insure just about anything with wheels so you can probably get your insurance through them. Interesting concept, but not nearly large enough.

It was reported that they are only using 11 of the 63 acres for the actual riding area.

Isn't there a motocross track at englishtown?

Yes, actually a couple.

Isn't there a motocross track at englishtown?

Yup, my neighbor is there most weekends but is big time into racing and I haven't been on a DB in probably 30 years and not ready to race with them, I just don't bounce like I once did. Lol

I'd like a place just to mello out, trail ride and occasionally play a little harder as I get back into it, but no options close to me for that right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk