RedBowTies88

Cost to Apply for NJ Permit to Carry?

Im also considering applying, i manage a business that deals with lots of cash so i might be able to get one. However i dont own the business so that is why im questioning they might deny it. I have plenty of training i can show them.

If it was anything like my limited business carry in NYC (20 years ago), you would need at least three months of bank deposit slips backing your assertion up (I was depositing ~$20K cash M-F for a store in the wholesale district in Manhattan, to give you an idea of what the NYPD considered "worthy" of that license class.) I don't think NJ has the concept of that license, where you were not allowed to deviate from your route from the business location to/from the bank (i.e. you submitted a route to the NYPD.) Sounds like NJ almost forces you into a Garda or Brinks pick up.

Don't know the cost, but good luck getting one.

http://www.njsp.org/...arms/sp-642.pdf

I don't plan on getting one

Here are the new forms that NJ is giving out for CCW permits:

Toilet-Paper.png

I nearly pissed my pants when I saw that

Not to be pessimist, but The money you are going to spend as might as well donate it to the http://www.nj2as.com/

They get some of my money too, i don't plan on getting it but I want to be denied for sure and not just wondering. I believe I can make a strong argument for myself... and when that argument is ignored it will make NJ look that much worse

Forget about the money.... Search the forum here. There is extensive text explaining experiences and whatnot...

I'm well aware of all that thank you.

Anyone know? Also what forms they give you to fill out?

Cost is having to check off "denied" and explain why every time you apply for a pistol permit.

A guy was kidnapped and escaped. Fearing he'd be taken out prior to having to testify against his gang member captors, he put in for a CCW and was denied.

Not to be pessimist, but The money you are going to spend as might as well donate it to the http://www.nj2as.com/

Depends how much you have to spend for an attorney. :icon_lol:

For purpose of CCW donate to Second Amendment Foundation to help with their court costs.

Below is the link to their case in NJ.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20560-saf-v-nj-muller-et-al-v-maenza-et-al/

If you have to wait 8 months for a pistol permit, or in my case the town wants access to your credit report, that's where your (and my) money should go.

If it was anything like my limited business carry in NYC (20 years ago), you would need at least three months of bank deposit slips backing your assertion up (I was depositing ~$20K cash M-F for a store in the wholesale district in Manhattan, to give you an idea of what the NYPD considered "worthy" of that license class.) I don't think NJ has the concept of that license, where you were not allowed to deviate from your route from the business location to/from the bank (i.e. you submitted a route to the NYPD.) Sounds like NJ almost forces you into a Garda or Brinks pick up.

I am in a business where i have that on hand all the time, no bank runs, it gets delivered. But my claim will be from home to facility at facility and return trip home. It would be nice 24/7 but im mainly concerned with to from and at work.

As of now I'm struggling a bit as to how exactly answer question #1.

Each person applying for a Permit to Carry and Handgun must supply a letter of need, specific in content, as to why they have a need to carry a firearm in the State of New Jersey. If this application is employment-related, then your employer must supply this letter.

List the reason for this application:

I'm thinking something along the lines of...

To exercise the right to keep and bear arms for protection of self and state as guaranteed to me by the Second Amendment of the united sates of america and as further defined by the supreme court decesions of Heller vs. DC and Mcdonald vs. Chicago.

Yeah Im in a cash heavy business and was advised I will most likely get denied and they will tell me to use a armored car service

my problem is not to and from bank. armored car already. but having the cash on hand. Its a scrap yard and we pay out cash.

I hope you are willing to fight this all the way through. Not that it should be necessary but it will

I'm planning on following it through until which point I'm denied and can go no further, I'm not simply going to withdraw becuase i've been told I will be denied which seems to be common.

If it was anything like my limited business carry in NYC (20 years ago), you would need at least three months of bank deposit slips backing your assertion up (I was depositing ~$20K cash M-F for a store in the wholesale district in Manhattan, to give you an idea of what the NYPD considered "worthy" of that license class.)  I don't think NJ has the concept of that license, where you were not allowed to deviate from your route from the business location to/from the bank (i.e. you submitted a route to the NYPD.) Sounds like NJ almost forces you into a Garda or Brinks pick up.

It's not anything like NYC. He won't get one no matter what. Regardless of his ownership considerations.

my problem is not to and from bank. armored car already. but having the cash on hand. Its a scrap yard and we pay out cash.

Can't you conceal carry on the premises of the business if you have the owners consent?

I can't imagine all the employees at the gun ranges in this state have a CCW permit... Yet they all carry behind the counter.

I fantasize about thousands of us applying all at once, and when they all come back denied due to us not "demonstrating a justifiable need" to the courts, that there will be some good evidence of our rights being trampled on in our State.

Unfortunately, it seems the last few States that choose to violate our rights will need something from SCOTUS saying that a fundamental individual right from the Bill of Rights is also applicable "outside your own home", it wouldn't help anything.

So until then , I'm waiting for the right time.

Can't you conceal carry on the premises of the business if you have the owners consent?

I can't imagine all the employees at the gun ranges in this state have a CCW permit... Yet they all carry behind the counter.

Perhaps they are micro-share holders :p

I don't think NJ differentiates between open and concealed carry though

You're wasting your time and jeopardizing future applications, your time and money. If you read some of they earlier threads I told you to look for, you'd see all our trials and tribulations. I'm telling you from many years of experience. I've had at least 5 ccw's here in NJ.. so I know what works and what doesn't.

Without real good reasoning, the prosecutor will hear you out, make recommendations to the judge to say no and send you on your way.

I'm planning on following it through until which point I'm denied and can go no further, I'm not simply going to withdraw becuase i've been told I will be denied which seems to be common.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...