iRescue

GOV CHRISTIE CALLS 2PM NEWS CONF TODAY

All over the news, christie blasting n.r.a., this guy is constantly attacking republicans or sucking up to obama and that democrat big time supporter springsteen, why doesnt he just switch parties already.

He'll never switch parties. The thought might have crossed his mind, but Christie knows how the Democrats treat turncoats -- remember the saga of the late Sen. Arlen Specter?

The NRA-bashing will probably play well with the Volvo Republicans etc. in November. The #1 party affiliation in the Garden State is "independent".

Christie may have a huge ego, but he's not delusional. Plus, the news stories on his press conference focused on what he said about the NRA, not about the other stuff he said, and he didn't say.

I'll forgive him if I'm still living in New Jersey and still have my 15 round magazines at this time next year.

Maybe even if I still have my 10s.

Do you know WHO is on the task force...? If not, your statement is hyperbole ....... STAY THE COURSE.... I MUST say VLAD G is key and on point............... bravo

Yes, he named some of them.

SC Justice Peter Verniero

Former State AG John Degnan

Some guy from North Brunswick Schools

I'm going to start a thread on this because I think we should push for representation on that panel. Where is the firearms expert or self-defense expert??

The New Jersey Second Amendment Society (NJ2AS) is very pleased to be able to add Governor Christie to the fine list of individuals scheduled to speak at the event - Americans for Prosperity’s Mr. Steve Lonegan, Senator Michael Doherty, Assemblywoman Alison McHose, Assemblyman Michael Patrick Carroll, Gun Rights Attorney Evan Nappen, Assemblyman Nelson Albano, TEA Party Leader Barbara Gonzalez, Attorney, NRA Board Member and Executive Director of the ANJRPC Scott Bach, Mr. Robert Viden, Proprietor of “Bob’s Little Sports Shop”, President of the Firearms Retailers Association and ANJRPC Board Member, “Capitalist Marksman” - Master Firearms Trainer Anthony Colandro, as well as representatives of Campaign For Liberty, Second Amendment Sisters and many other groups and individuals who cherish the importance of Freedom. Buses are being made available from several point in New Jersey. DEPARTURE AND RETURN TIMES WILL BE PUBLISHED SOON!

Interesting. That should draw much more attention to the rally. But it's just interesting that he agreed to show up, even if it's to bash the NRA and talk about the need for 7 round magazine limits.

There is no reason that hotdogs should come in packs of 8, nobody needs 8 hotdogs, even if we save just one life.....

I don't have a problem with 8 round hot dog packs. Now, those Sabbrett 40 round high capacity assault packs you can purchase at the market for large pickniks are another story.

I never email the governor and I just did.

A. over the comment. Obama can mention his kids and use children as props but the NRA cant?

B. Saying his AG picks were anti 2A

C. Not only should be there be no more guns laws, we should have the right to carru

D. He is starting to look like a RINO to me.

There is no reason that hotdogs should come in packs of 8, nobody needs 8 hotdogs, even if we save just one life.....

I don't have a problem with 8 round hot dog packs. Now, those Sabbrett 40 round high capacity assault packs you can purchase at the market for large pickniks are another story.

You guys are too much!!!

I am still stymied by the fact the govermnet allows 8 hotdogs per pack and 10 buns per pack, I swear it's a conspiracy to take our focus off the gun debate

We all know he has presidential aspirations, imagine if he started hearing from some people in "must win" states that they are

watching his actions. Anybody know of any gun groups in other states willing to fire off some letters? It couldn't hurt.

I guess Christie also likes to defy the NRA:http://politicaltick...-reprehensible/

Hate to say it but the way this goes nationally will more than likely dictate how it goes for us. Christie is playing possible re-election and a possible presidential run. He has it now. A presidential run for him is all but certain due to his recent and continued popularity as well as the way he handled Sandy. That's why he's taking this issue RIGHT down the middle. Whether he goes left or right will be determined by how well we fight the federal laws. If we can manage to fend off a federal AWB, he'll more than likely leave us alone on the AWB issues. Magazines, well...we lose that federally we lose it in the state. This isn't Texas or Wyoming.

Sucks, we fight on two fronts where as states like Texas, Wymoning fight on one...their state is and will always be behind them.

Interesting. That should draw much more attention to the rally. But it's just interesting that he agreed to show up, even if it's to bash the NRA and talk about the need for 7 round magazine limits.

I would just like to point out that at no point did Christie "Bash" the NRA. Here is is quote about the ad:

"Get to the real issues --- don't be dragging people's children into this," he said. "It's wrong and I think it demeans them and it makes them less of a valid, trusted source of information on the real issues that confront this debate."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/chris-christie-nra-ad_n_2499583.html (yeah I know, its the Huffington Post, but it is still quoted from Gov. Christie)

That statement, means that he does not want to see a VALID, TRUSTED source of information, the NRA, going around and stooping to the level of the Anti's. Stay away from kids, ANYONE'S KIDS, they do not need to be in this argument.

I admit I sound like I am kissing the Gov.'s ass, but, he is speaking on the 8th, in front of gun owners and voters. I will wait until then to pass judgement.

To quote a co-worker "I'm cautiously optimistic while remaining firmly pessimistic". That's how I approach all politics.

I called the NRA today to actually complain about their ad as being in poor taste and the "lady" threaten to hang up on me for calling their ad "stupid". When I asked her what the NRA was doing for NJ her answer was that sending emails to NRA members was fantastically effective. I questioned if she lived on the moon and wished her a good day.

The NRA really needs a make over.

I called the NRA today to actually complain about their ad as being in poor taste and the "lady" threaten to hang up on me for calling their ad "stupid". When I asked her what the NRA was doing for NJ her answer was that sending emails to NRA members was fantastically effective. I questioned if she lived on the moon and wished her a good day.

The NRA really needs a make over.

It definitely needs some young blood.

I'm going to start a thread on this because I think we should push for representation on that panel. Where is the firearms expert or self-defense expert??

NJ2AS, Gun for Hire, Pizza bob, The Wombat, Parker