mattio41

Ar Lower Parts Kit - Anyone better then others

Ok, I am new to the AR platform, and of course at the wrong time. I have a spikes Lower that was outfitted with a Palmetto Armory parts kit. I am starting to see some other kits available. Daniel Defense, Spikes, Stag?? Is there anyone better then the others??

I have used the Palmetto State lower parts kit and they worked fine for my build. The Stag lower parts are also good. No fitting issues from my experience.

However, if you want a premium FCG and have the coin to get one, there are plenty of options out there.

I went with a drop in CMC trigger FCG. 3.5 lb trigger pull, very fast reset with nothing to adjust.

A great article describing the different FCG that are out there:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/366464_Trigger_Fire_Control_Groups_tested_and_evaluated___the_and_34_BESTand_34__trigger_for_you___.html

I have had 3 dpms kits and they all had issues.

I have used a few 2 were fine needed minor fitting the 3rd was garbage, they started out good and their quality has gone down. I am using a Stag on my current build and always do my own trigger job and tuning.

Palmetto State's got them in stock right now. Read mixed opinions about some brands being inferior to others and some without any complaints whatsoever, so I assume there are differences in mfg quality between brands.

In the current state of the market, the best LPK is the one that's in stock.

I've used A Psa And a spikes. Both went together nicely. Spikes gave you an extra take down spring and detention. If this is your first one you'll need them.

Very true. Even if it isn't your first when that from pin spring goes flying across the kitchen you'll be happy you had a spare.

Lwrc has lpk in stock. Ordered mine today. Few bucks more then the spikes enhanced lpk prior to this bs. But comes with buffer tube kit and all the goodies not to bad for 206 shipped.

http://www.lwrci.com/p-148-lwrci-deluxe-lower-parts-kit.aspx

I've used most and there is no difference except fcg. If you think about it, there are not alot of plants making the individual parts to begin with. After all, how much profit do you think are in those pins and springs?

They are all, by and large, the same