iRescue

Response from Sen. Menendez

Emailed him expressing my concern about the new legislation that has been introduced or will be introduced.

This was the response:

"Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding additional firearms legislation in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this critical issue.

As the father of two, this tragedy struck painfully close to my heart and painfully close to the heart of every parent. No parent should ever have to bear the unspeakable pain of losing a child, especially to this type of tragedy. I join with every American in expressing our deep and abiding grief as a nation and our deepest -- most heartfelt -- condolences to the families of the victims.

As your Senator, I strongly defend the rights of citizens to use firearms responsibly for recreational purposes or protection of one's family and home. At the same time, I vigorously support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of individuals that wish to use them against society.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. On this, as with any other issue, there are many different views. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind. I invite you to visit my website (http://menendez.senate.gov) to learn more about how I am standing up for New Jersey families in the United States Senate."

Haven't seen anything else from anyone else.

Interestingly, I got a personalized response from NY senator ball after I emailed him to thank him for standing up for gun rights.

Unreal that I get a response from a state senator in another state quicker than the morons in NJ

Emailed him expressing my concern about the new legislation that has been introduced or will be introduced.

This was the response:

"Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding additional firearms legislation in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this critical issue.

As the father of two, this tragedy struck painfully close to my heart and painfully close to the heart of every parent. No parent should ever have to bear the unspeakable pain of losing a child, especially to this type of tragedy. I join with every American in expressing our deep and abiding grief as a nation and our deepest -- most heartfelt -- condolences to the families of the victims.

As your Senator, I strongly defend the rights of citizens to use firearms responsibly for recreational purposes or protection of one's family and home. At the same time, I vigorously support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of individuals that wish to use them against society.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. On this, as with any other issue, there are many different views. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind. I invite you to visit my website (http://menendez.senate.gov) to learn more about how I am standing up for New Jersey families in the United States Senate."

Haven't seen anything else from anyone else.

Interestingly, I got a personalized response from NY senator ball after I emailed him to thank him for standing up for gun rights.

Unreal that I get a response from a state senator in another state quicker than the morons in NJ

Menendez hasnt changed a bit..he's the type of guy that smiles, shakes your hand, and wishes you a nice day, and as soon as your back is truned looks at the guy next to him and calls you an A-hole.... Seen it a hundred times with him. He REALLY believes that his office is about him, and what the constituents want is immaterial

yea ive gotten the same one a few times. I got one from menendez saying he disagrees and something needs to be done for the grater good of the community. So he will think about my opinions but he will do what he believes is right. I responded asking if he works for the people or himself and got no response to that.

And by that he means making it harder for you, the law abiding citizen to buy guns and trying to impose restrictions on what you can and cannot own.

And yes, I received the same e-mail as well.

Got the same response from Menendez but got this from one of my state senators

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your e-mail. I was raised in the South and my father as well as most of our friends and neighbors were gun-owners and law abiding citizens. My dad gave me a 22 caliber rifle when I was about 14.

I am not inclined to go overboard in enacting useless laws on this subject.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely,

Senator Samuel D. Thompson, Ph.D.

12th Legislative District

732-607-7580

-

He's a douche.

I got the same canned response... to which I sent him another email. Mainly... I wanted to thank him for <sarcasm> taking the time out of his busy day to carefully and articulately respond to my first email </sarcasm>. :onthequiet:

I actually did send a second email and I basically told him he contradicts himself in saying he supports our rights, but then acts on policies that do the opposite. I reminded him that he's supposed to support and uphold the US Constitution and fight for the rights of his constituents.

Fat lot of good it's going to do... but it made me feel better.

Same same.

My reply from Menendez arrived today, as did the one from Assemblywoman Handlin and Congressment Smith. All were automated generic reples,just like the one you got.

I got an auto reply from Sen Bell of NY and then a personal reply, albiet very short, immediatly after sending my note to him.

Makes you want to howl at the moon, doesn't it?

Every, and I mean EVERY, time I have contacted Menendez regarding an issue, be it email or letter, the response is basically the same format, like a mad lib. Translating out of the business letter jargon and structures it runs like this.

My office money's have recieved your correspondence on <fill in issue>

I would like to say that I will consider your opinon on this issue, but that woudl be a lie. Here's my opinion, <insert opinion>, and it is unquestioningly right. I will take this opportunity to say that my opinion is always in the interest of the greater good, and anyone who disagrees is an a-hole.

Please stop mailing me you a-hole,

sincerely <insert image of signature during mail merge>

This has been the form letter regardless of the actual subject he is being contacted on by me, which is usually something where my opinion is "this violates amendment X, and undermines the best interests of the people, the government really should try to avoid doing that". He has zero interest in the rights of the people, or the constitution. He doesn't even regard it as an obstacle, he doesn't grasp it as a set of rules. Rules are what he makes, and you will shut up and do what he says.

How about Looney Laut? I got this....

Thank you for contacting me about gun legislation and the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you may know, the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution declares a well-regulated militia as “necessary to the security of a free State” and prohibits infringement of “the right of the people to keep and bear arms.” The Supreme Court has held that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to have guns. I am aware that there are many honest, law-abiding Americans who legally own guns for legitimate purposes.

In the 113th Congress, please be assured that I will continue to work to balance the need to keep firearms out of the hands of dangerous people with the necessity to respect the concerns of law-abiding gun dealers and gun owners.

Response to the two legged jackass:

Dear Senator:

Many thanks for your reply.

You state below "As your Senator, I strongly defend the rights of citizens to use firearms responsibly for recreational purposes or protection of one's family and home."

I was hoping that you could provide concrete examples to demonstrate exactly how you have defended this right.

You will note that I am a registered independent, and I have never found it wise to vote a straight party line. While it is also not often wise to base voting upon a single issue, the defense of my Constitutional rights are of the utmost importance to me, and I will use every financial and communication resource available to me to see that anyone who does not support my Constitutional rights is voted out of office.

So again, please tell me how you have been working to defend my second amendment rights.

You ever notice how most of the politicians have contact forms where you have to choose a category or subject from a drop down menu? I believe they do this because for each topic on the list they have a canned response. I have rarely, if ever, have had a response that gave me the impression that that they had actually read my correspondence. But I still send my comments anyway, hoping that others are doing the same.