Let's not forget that these elected officials have been lying in wait for quite some time and now that they have the emotional pathway to push their agenda they will pull all of the stops.

This winner of this fight will be determined by who has the intestinal fortitude to see it through to the very end!

what happens next is Mr Police man going to come knock on my door to check if firearm XYZ is locked and unloaded?

No, they will wait until you have to defend yourself. If you survive the event then your gun was probably loaded and you will be arrested and tried. If you die at the hands of an intruder you're gun was probably unloaded and you won't be prosecuted!!

My wife is still a union member (at the moment, she's retiring!) and I was a union member several jobs and years ago --- and I don't believe either of us were ever asked about use of union dues for political contributions. If something affirmative needed to be done before my union could use dues for political purposes, I don't remember signing it.

An "opt out" is possible -- it could be in the fine print of something they sent out somewhere, but they sure didn't advertise it.

http://blog.heritage...y-in-elections/

No, this isn't at all about safety. I can't believe that more than a tiny fraction of firearms used in crimes in New Jersey are actually purchased legally in New Jersey. Firearm owners who spend the time and effort to acquire firearms legally in New Jersey must be unlikely to ever use those firearms to commit a crime. Are there any publicly available statistics about that?

I think it's partially a compulsion on the part of some naive politicians to "do something", partially a desire on the part of politicians to control the hoi polloi, plus I think there are some politicians who want the only people permitted to own firearms to be bad guys. They'll never publicly admit it, but I think that's what they want.

I'm becoming convinced that we've crossed the Rubicon at least in New Jersey. Moving to another state or at least having a second home in another state might be the only possible solution.

Well...I guess ther are no other pressing issues in this great state that need dealing with, such as job creation, education, property taxes, bringing more indusrty back into the state.

It loks like guns are the only problem these days!

Well...I guess ther are no other pressing issues in this lgreat state that need dealing with, such as job creation, education, property taxes, bringing more indusrty back into the state.

Smoke screen?

It's interesting that at 9.6% NJ has the 4th worst unemployment of any state in the US right now!

http://www.bls.gov/w...us/laumstrk.htm

Also that of the 10 worst states for unemployment, 8 went blue in the 2012 election. Of the 8, 4 are among the worst 8 states for 2A rights (CA, NJ, IL and CT).

Of the 10 states with the lowest unemployment, 7 went red in the election, and only 1 (HI) is among the 8 worst 2A states.

I think that our calls, emails, letters, and faxes are getting to them. Why else would they keep coming up with more bill proposals? Perhaps they realize that we're not going to give up or relent so they keep pushing stuff out in the hopes of making something stick.

Never give up!

That isn't how politicians work. If that were the case they'd drop it to protect their careers. More likely the crying from the people who WANT more restrictions is louder and those are the people they are trying to appease.

These bills serve purely political aims. They are proposed, and most will die before reaching the governors desk. But some might get there. If he signs them, he hurts his himself with the national electorate. If he vetoes them, the proposers can point at all the safety things they tried to accomplish but that nasty governor Christie stopped them.

If they can hurt legitimate gun owners in the process, that's gravy.

These bills serve purely political aims. They are proposed, and most will die before reaching the governors desk. But some might get there. If he signs them, he hurts his himself with the national electorate. If he vetoes them, the proposers can point at all the safety things they tried to accomplish but that nasty governor Christie stopped them.

If they can hurt legitimate gun owners in the process, that's gravy.

This is exactly correct. Although liberals do have an agenda to disarm the average citizen (we are too stupid to use them properly) this is a political play to weaken Christie. If he vetoes any anti 2A bill, he is "soft on crime" and does not "care about the children". I can see the commercials now.

I guarantee that they propose obscene dollar amounts for the FID cards and Pistol permits to try and deter someone from bothering. That one about locking and having an unloaded weapon in your OWN HOME is fuggin ridiculous. All of these bills are ridiculous.

I'll be there on the 8th and will continue to email/write, but thankfully I will be out of this POS state and in SC for good this summer.

Once again, this does nothing to the criminal. Make more laws, the criminal gets a gun, make even more and crazy laws, the criminal still gets a gun. Confiscate guns, the criminal still gets guns. It does not matter what these freaking morons do, criminals will still get guns and the honest citizen and their children are in danger and defenseless.

We need to turn the tables on these freaking idiots and ask them why they want children defenseless? Why are leaving women defenseless and at risk to protect their children? Do you hate women? Why are you denying mothers the right to protect their child? This is a war against mothers!!!