Beretta

Is the firearms/ammo frenzy subsiding?

You can't be serious, just check this out still 12 hrs to go:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47741-its-really-that-bad-out-there-seriously-wtf/page__fromsearch__1

I don't see it slowing down until maybe summer time, just maybe.

i see it, even the gun frenzy is slowly subsiding. i have about twenty guns/ and or ammo sites i check daily, at one point (about a month ago) you could not find .223 ammo.... period. now you have alot of sites with .223-it's either overpriced high end, or way overpriced low end- anything decent for a decent price is gone immediately. i've also been tracking prices for new and used mini 14's for a couple months on gunbroker- they peaked a couple weeks ago at about 1200 for a NIB mini (your heard correctly), and they're slowly dropping (though still vastly overpriced).

I don't see it either. I was at RTSP this Sunday and the shelves were looking pretty bare. The same with Heritage Guild in Branchburg on Tuesday. At Heritage they were reserving a box of ammo for each new gun they sold to make sure the new owner had something to shoot.

The other day 1010 Wins shared that the gun buying has lessened by a small percentage, perhaps by 5% to 10%, but that's it. It could be the high prices and the difficulty of keeping everything in stock.

I definitely agree with another poster that we should see some kind of normalcy by summer time. By then who knows what the political climate will be, both federal and state wide.

Sadly, a friend in PA thinks that the whole awb will just blow over and that we're all too overly worried.

The other day 1010 Wins shared that the gun buying has lessened by a small percentage, perhaps by 5% to 10%, but that's it. It could be the high prices and the difficulty of keeping everything in stock.

I definitely agree with another poster that we should see some kind of normalcy by summer time. By then who knows what the political climate will be, both federal and state wide.

Sadly, a friend in PA thinks that the whole awb will just blow over and that we're all too overly worried.

Quite frankly I think it was because we were worried,overly or otherwise that the AWB might blow over.

I agree with you that the frenzy seems to be slowing a bit, but I've heard that it could be 6-12 months or more before things return to normal, depending of course on what happens with all the pending legislation.

It's worse now than when Obama was elected to office (first time). Gun legislation wasn't even passed at that time. It was all speculation buying. Back then it took about 6 months to start coming back. Now we're dealing with both Fed & state unknown legislation. This is going to last until laws are passed or rejected and will still take some time depending on the outcome. It's going to take a while for ammo manufacturers to catch up. It's all in limbo at this point and we're in a way worse situation now.

The article I read about that stated it was down do to the fact there is not much new inventory to buy, it's almost all on the secondary market

I would also imagine that at some point folks have spent all they are willing to spend regardless of the inventory. A few people I know have told me they are "all set" on both firearms/ammo.

I would also imagine that at some point folks have spent all they are willing to spend regardless of the inventory. A few people I know have told me they are "all set" on both firearms/ammo.

I'm beginning to wonder if people are running out of money/maxing out credit cards at this point. We just need to keep up the pressure on legislators. I can't stress that enough. If sales keep dropping, the media will twist it into saying people don't want guns or ammo anymore.

Slowing down. The price of 223 is coming down on gunbroker from over $1 a round down to around $.75.

Guns are easy to find if you look, anything is avail on gunbroker.

Lowers are easier to get.

Lots of new gun buyers... but suppliers are meeting demands. Classic Arms had plenty of mags.

The dumb money already bought the AR's and such, this is the tail end.