Kaiser7

New Bills Introduced During the Rally Today

A3799 Strengthens State's Assault Weapons Ban - Introduced by Joseph Cryan, no summary or link posted yet.

A3800 Requires Background Check for ammunition Sales and Transfers - Introduced by Joseph Cryan, no summary or link posted yet.

A3801 Requires Persons Selling Ammunition to Be Licensed By The State Police - Introduced by Joseph Cryan, no summary or link posted yet.

A3815 Enhances Penalties For Persons Who Illegally Sell or Transfer Firearms Subsequently Used In Crimes - Introduced by Herb Conway Jr. (NOTE: This does not appear to be an anti gun bill but the summary has not been posted yet for us to review)

The associated press also reported today that the NJ Assembly put forth 20 gun control bills. It was supposedly announced today. According to the AP, the bills will be introduced into committee next week and voted on by the full house on February 21. I will update everyone as I find more detail.

Even if this passes, and Christie comes to support gun owners and vetos this.... can't the legislation put it through anyway with a super majority?

And once again... I highly doubt Chris Christie would veto any anti gun bills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Even if this passes, and Christie comes to support gun owners and vetos this.... can't the legislation put it through anyway with a super majority?

From albeit a foggy memory, I believe the NJ State Constitution does allow for overturning Governor veto with a 2/3s majority. Here's hoping there's not a 2/3rds gun grabbing majority willing to stick their political necks out that far...

Kind of pisses you off. They act like we weren't even there. They don't even stop to question their asinine proposals. How the f*ck did we let so many of these losers get into office?

As far as Christie goes, I think he's an opportunist. He'll do what suits his political aspirations at the time. Can't be counted on as an ally of our cause. :mad:

I don't think the governor will sign any of this crap so what are you worried about?

That's pretty much how I feel about it.

That shouldn't be used a an excuse, reason, or justification to stand down, but I don't think we should run around like our hair is on fire.

Calm, collected, and focused.

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that Christie will sign ANY of those bills, with a smile, and claim they are common sense, not infringing on second amendment and more restrained then NY's.

Actually of the 23 bills, a few are decent. The one that makes firearm records officially off the books for FOIA is good. Some of the mental health ones are what we have been asking for. I'm actually quite ok with the one requiring training for an FID because I've seen a lot of people be rather scary with their first gun. I'm ok with pictures on the FID, but I dislike the 5year thing.

I don't think the governor will sign any of this crap so what are you worried about?

I don't think he can afford to. If he loses us as a voting block even as small as we are in this state he won't be reelected, he needs to hold his ground that we already have enough gun control laws on the books. He also has to realize that if he does sign any of them he will have no furure outside of NJ politics.

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that Christie will sign ANY of those bills, with a smile, and claim they are common sense, not infringing on second amendment and more restrained then NY's.

Actually of the 23 bills, a few are decent. The one that makes firearm records officially off the books for FOIA is good. Some of the mental health ones are what we have been asking for. I'm actually quite ok with the one requiring training for an FID because I've seen a lot of people be rather scary with their first gun. I'm ok with pictures on the FID, but I dislike the 5year thing.

The 5 year expiration thing is a problem; can you be denied the ability to exercise a fundamental, individual, Constitutional right because a permit expires?

I don't think he can afford to. If he loses us as a voting block even as small as we are in this state he won't be reelected, he needs to hold his ground that we already have enough gun control laws on the books. He also has to realize that if he does sign any of them he will have no furure outside of NJ politics.

Really? With 73% approval rating? He can lose EVERY gun owner in the state and still win and for sure he won't lose all of them. Some are already democrats and wouldn't vote for him anyway. Nationally? Look who the Republican candidate for President was last time, the dude who signed an assault weapons ban in MA, still got him the nomination.

How do you like your odds?

The 5 year expiration thing is a problem; can you be denied the ability to exercise a fundamental, individual, Constitutional right because a permit expires?

Well you would lose the ability to buy new ones not to keep the ones you have. Hell they could even say "keep and bare arms" doesn't include buy, just keep. So yes I agree it is a bad bill, if they had one with photo only I'd be fine with it, actually I would be a lot more then fine the current ones are a joke

Really? With 73% approval rating? He can lose EVERY gun owner in the state and still win and for sure he won't lose all of them. Some are already democrats and wouldn't vote for him anyway. Nationally? Look who the Republican candidate for President was last time, the dude who signed an assault weapons ban in MA, still got him the nomination.

How do you like your odds?

Exactly, and he lost! The unions will attack him up one side and down the other. Bottom line is he has an ® after his name. He can not afford to piss off any segment of his base and expect to be reelected.

I'll agree with Vlad on this one, if something makes it thru, Christie will rationalize signing it somehow. That's why we HAVE to keep up the pressure, even on Cryan and Oliver. But ESPECIALLY Sweeney and Norcross. The NJ Senate is easier to try and block this garbage. But no letup, on anyone

The FOIA exemption SHOULD be a no brainer, considering how the state exempts all kinds of stuff--the FPID incestigation manual, for those that remember that early effort by NJ2AS. That bill, BTW, is sponsored by my district guy (Dancer)

Exactly, and he lost! The unions will attack him up one side and down the other. Bottom line is he has an ® after his name. He can not afford to piss off any segment of his base and expect to be reelected.

His loss wasn't because he lost the gun owner vote, it was irrelevant. His loss was based on an inept campaign and a good one on the other side. Gun control was hardly talked about during the campaign.

His loss wasn't because he lost the gun owner vote, it was irrelevant. His loss was based on an inept campaign and a good one on the other side. Gun control was hardly talked about during the campaign.

He lost key battleground states; Ohio, Florida and Virginia. He is a liberal north east RINO and he took home the votes he deserved. Christie is no different, he already has anti-gun baggage in his past that will hurt him and any new anti-gun legislation that he signs will be added to the chains he already wears.