ogfarmer

Russian yacht docked in Manhattan loaded with illegal arms, but no problem w/ LEO or local Govt

http://www.survivali...ad.php?t=288021

This thread is interesting....

following are some posts

"On Wednesday, a private yacht the "Eclipse" sailed slowly and quietly up the Hudson River and docked near midtown Manhattan. This wasn't just any yacht, however. It was Eclipse -- the largest private yacht in the world. And its presence is sure to touch off a frenzy of speculation about its owners and future.

The Security teams on board have illegal weapons that are banned by NY State law.

This is just to prove that NYPD will not seize illegal weapons from a Russian Billionaire but would put am american in jail for having a illegal round magazine."

"It also has:

For security, Eclipse is fitted with intruder detection systems and a German-built missile defense system.

Missiles? A Ruskie with missiles in NYC!!!!"WTF!!!

"Don't worry, he's rich and influential. He is above the law."

njck...does it not matter it would be "us waters"....or specifically inside state lines..even though it is floating...its not in international waters.... i may be wrong...but id be willing to bet if you or i were in a boat next to them with the same loadout wed be in a world of sheet

wow... How does traveling in your yacht work exactly? Do you need a passport stamp or permission to just sail into NY harbor?

19 CFR 4.2

4.2 Reports of arrival of vessels

(a) Upon arrival in any port or place within the U.S., including, for purposes of this section, the U.S. Virgin Islands, of any vessel from a foreign port or place,any foreign vessel from a port or place within the U.S., or any vessel of the U.S. carrying bonded merchandise or foreign merchandise for which entry has not been made, the master of the vessel shall immediately report that arrival to the nearest Customs facility or other location designated by the port director. The report of arrival, except as supplemented in local instructions issued by the port director and made available to interested parties by posting in Customs offices, publication in a newspaper of general circulation, and other appropriate means, shall be made by any means of communication to the port director or to a Customs officer assigned to board the vessel.

4.3 Vessels required to enter; place of entry.

(a) Formal entry required. Unless specifically excepted by law, within 48 hours after the arrival at any port or place in the United States, the following

vessels are required to make formal entry:

(1) Any vessel from a foreign port or place;

(2) Any foreign vessel from a domestic port ...

njck...does it not matter it would be "us waters"....or specifically inside state lines..even though it is floating...its not in international waters.... i may be wrong...but id be willing to bet if you or i were in a boat next to them with the same loadout wed be in a world of sheet

Yea, otherwise we'd all have boats with guns lol

I'm fully aware fellows, I hold a TWIC and other clearances and have worked major ports, including sensitive refineries. I have been trained in Homeland Security requirements and the Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA), which is an extension of SOLAS (Safety and Life at Sea). Foreign-flagged mega yachts may now only dock at a limited number of US ports as a result of MTSA, and NYC's is such a port. These ports have different security procedures and requirements, and the gist is if it don't come off the boat... You might be surprised how many vessels carry armament these days. Container ships are now sailing pirate-infested waters very differently, and they do dock in the US my friends.

But why would they? There's no reason or right. Check maritime laws and how we handle port security.

Different story of any of those hit soil.

the moment the vessel enters New York waters it's under New York law, and the moment a line touches a cleat they can be boarded and inspected by law enforcement

I'You might be surprised how many vessels carry armament these days. Container ships are now sailing pirate-infested waters very differently, and they do dock in the US my friends.

I remember when the boarding of vessels off the coast of Africa by pirates, there was talk of arming these vessels, but the problem with that was most countries they visited wouldn't allow arms on board in their waters or ports.

We allow that?

I remember when the boarding of vessels off the coast of Africa by pirates, there was talk of arming these vessels, but the problem with that was most countries they visited wouldn't allow arms on board in their waters or ports.

We allow that?

its fine..its just ny governments comrades...lol

A spokesman for Mr. Abramovich declined to comment on the boat or its owner's reasons for being in Manhattan. But several dock workers and officials who have been briefed on the boat say it is scheduled to be in town until mid-April.

Hmmm..... Apparently his partner is expecting to give birth soon. They are probably using the yacht as a residence instead of a hotel.

As far as I know maritime law supersedes "land law". You are allowed to have whatever on board and take any actions necessary to defend your vessel For example of you feel someone is coming to close at night and you've repeatedly warned them verbally you are legally allowed to fire on that vessel. Now my knowledge falls off in the sense of is it more on the us waters in the south. Or just all of US open waters.

As far as I know maritime law supersedes "land law". You are allowed to have whatever on board and take any actions necessary to defend your vessel For example of you feel someone is coming to close at night and you've repeatedly warned them verbally you are legally allowed to fire on that vessel. Now my knowledge falls off in the sense of is it more on the us waters in the south. Or just all of US open waters.

It does, when your 7 miles out. They are tied up, hence they fall under New York law.

That's just what I know. You can't always offload your heavy artillery before docking lol. I'm not crazy familiar with maritime laws but I agree. Shouldn't be ignored due to money

It does, when your 7 miles out. They are tied up, hence they fall under New York law.