It's not even the uber-douche politicians that make me insane..

Lying is just what they do.

It's watching people jump up and down whilst applauding the death of our nation.

Anyone with a shred of intelligence should watch this A$$hole and laugh..

But they don't-

-they just. Keep. Getting. Reelected.

Is a civil war really the only way to hit the "reset" button?

I really hope not.

But on the other hand, maybe Travis Bickle was right..

Someday a real rain will come...

well then wouldnt that hold true for himself?...if simply owning/being in control of a gun can transform a normal person into a criminal/psychopath..what magic power does he have to ward off the evil gun power?

Well he has a badge! That means laws and logic don't apply to him, didn't you know? </sarcasm>

I believe this to be just another example of throwing shit at the wall and seeing what...if anything sticks. The constitutional implications are overwhelming on just about all these bills. I believe the sponsors are using these outrageous proposals as a sounding board to see just how much the populace will let them get away with without too much of a fight and then modify the bills accordingly.

Ever cognizant that this is California however and those folks do not seem to breath the same air as the rest of us, I would keep an jaundiced eye on the next round of bills.

Exactly. We're seeing a lot of this. I think both RI and CT have bills to limit magazine size to 1. WA had the bill allowing the police to show up, announced, once a year for a warrantless search which led to a general, nationwide backlash against the sponsors.

Here's an article (posted elsewhere) on the bill and the backlash. Even the sponsors are denying knowing what they sponsored. Yes, you heard me right.

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/8429

Here is some of the most bizarre political spewing I've ever seen:

"I spoke to two of the sponsors. One, Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, a lawyer who typically is hyper-attuned to civil-liberties issues, said he did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on.

"I made a mistake," Kline said. "I frankly should have vetted this more closely."

That lawmakers sponsor bills they haven't read is common. Still, it's disappointing on one of this political magnitude. Not counting a long table, it's only an eight-page bill.

The prime sponsor, Sen. Ed Murray, D-Seattle, also condemned the search provision in his own bill, after I asked him about it. He said Palmer is right that it's probably unconstitutional.

"I have to admit that shouldn't be in there," Murray said.

He said he came to realize that an assault-weapons ban has little chance of passing this year anyway. So he put in this bill more as "a general statement, as a guiding light of where we need to go." Without sweating all the details.

Read that last paragraph and re-read it: "a guiding light of where we need to go." Scared yet?

I applaud these bills, because they give the antis just enough rope to hang themselves. They are so intoxicated with glee about this "political goldmine" that they're prematurely playing their end game, and showing our "paranoia" to have been valid all along. This is catching the attention of lots of people, gun owners and otherwise.

I dont get why you even post here. All you do is piss and moan about NJ yet you dont even live here. Which in itself is bad enough, however I rarely see you actually adding anything to the boards besides sarcastic comments or negativity.

Are you kidding me?  I'm getting sick and tired of this crap.  You don't like me, that's fine.  If you found something objectionable in those words, you are neurotic.

It's not even the uber-douche politicians that make me insane..

Lying is just what they do.

It's watching people jump up and down whilst applauding the death of our nation.

Anyone with a shred of intelligence should watch this A$$hole and laugh..

But they don't-

-they just. Keep. Getting. Reelected.

Is a civil war really the only way to hit the "reset" button?

I really hope not.

But on the other hand, maybe Travis Bickle was right..

Someday a real rain will come...

If there was a civil war of Pro-guns vs Anti-guns what would Anti shoot us with, Dirty Looks?

Complete insanity

I need to get a quick bookmark to puppies or something, cause watching this $hit makes me want to projectile vomit.

"Assault bullets"

Really

Someone actually said that

just be sure your projectile vomit doesn't contain more than 15 projectiles.....

I believe this to be just another example of throwing shit at the wall and seeing what...if anything sticks. The constitutional implications are overwhelming on just about all these bills. I believe the sponsors are using these outrageous proposals as a sounding board to see just how much the populace will let them get away with without too much of a fight and then modify the bills accordingly.

Ever cognizant that this is California however and those folks do not seem to breath the same air as the rest of us, I would keep an jaundiced eye on the next round of bills.

I think this is very insightful into how legislation is manifested from political posturing. I don't think any of the really drastic measures (seizing all semi-autos, criminalizing >500 rounds, etc) will go through, but nevertheless it will be a move in that direction that will set up the next try. In other words, they bite off a little more each time...

I think this is very insightful into how legislation is manifested from political posturing. I don't think any of the really drastic measures (seizing all semi-autos, criminalizing >500 rounds, etc) will go through, but nevertheless it will be a move in that direction that will set up the next try. In other words, they bite off a little more each time...

"In the battle of inches you start with a yard...after the wailing and beating of chests subsides you've gained a foot" Exactly... a tried and tested strategy.that all sides are familiar with but some are better at implementing it than others.I dare say our fine Governor is testing his mettle as we speak and we'll know soon enough how he fares.

My father lives in San Fran. Gun store that has been there for 40 years is about to close its doors. He used to have bloody Mary's with the guy. He said it was mostly the neighbors and bad press that made his place seem like a hangout for criminals. All within 2 years regulars and new shooters began to disappear and locals occasionally came in to demand he shut down. Friends and neighbors demanding you close, people that you have seen for 40 years. Can't imagine...