wooly bugger

Spoke to FFL about NICS

He is a lot less concerned than we are. First, they have a lot more the 3 or 4 people working on it. They are 1600 behind. But he said the person in charge is the system was in his shop a couple of days ago, and they're working on fixing it. He thinks we'll get back to instant in the not too distant future.

Ok, pile on with the negative comment.

He is a lot less concerned than we are. First, they have a lot more the 3 or 4 people working on it. They are 1600 behind. But he said the person in charge is the system was in his shop a couple of days ago, and they're working on fixing it. He thinks we'll get back to instant in the not too distant future.

Ok, pile on with the negative comment.

I heard the exact same thing from a local FFL yesterday. I stopped in Ed's in Deptford to see if he had any .38 or .357 (he didn't) and had a good 1/2 hr conversation with Ed the younger, and that's what he told me too. Of course, he also said he ordered 2 cases of .38 special ammo a couple months ago and has so far only seen 5 boxes... He had definite concerns about ammo supplies; he said it's even getting hard to find 12 ga. shotgun shells, especially buck shot.

I talked with my FFL a few hours ago and they said NICS are now taking over a week :( This sucks, can't even have them run mine till monday (Thanks OGAM) and then I will have to wait more than another week :(

Damn in del I think they have like 4 days to deny you. If they don't get back the gun is yours

NJ is 3 days but good like finding an FFL that will follow through with it. Not worth the liability if they sell a gun and then a denial comes in because the person became a prohibited person since their last purchase.

Millers gun shop in new castle del. i went into millers on Tuesday and filled out my paperwork. Sat I walked out with the gun. They never heard back. Granted this wasnt the first gun I bought from them. They know my 2 shawn moore situation and expect it to happen every time.

Nics is doing 1000+ checks a day they are back logged and i dont see it changing in the near future at least for a few months. Just think about it.. during the combination. Sandy hook, Christmas, Elections and Ban talk the delay was only 2 - 3 days. Now after presidents day it jumped to 5+ days.. Not saying its deliberate. But its not getting better its actually getting worse.

No one in the nics unit can claim it will be better in the near future as they cannot predict any better then me the volume of sales that will require background checks.

Nics is doing 1000+ checks a day they are back logged and i dont see it changing in the near future at least for a few months. Just think about it.. during the combination. Sandy hook, Christmas, Elections and Ban talk the delay was only 2 - 3 days. Now after presidents day it jumped to 5+ days.. Not saying its deliberate. But its not getting better its actually getting worse

So... if thats the case why dont ffls start releasing guns as per the law stating 3 days.... it woyld force them to fix the error. So sick and tired of this. A simple flood of guns to the people who arent yet "approved" would make a quick fix. Just saying

I spoke with an FFL a week ago who believes the AG is having all Nics take 5 to 7 days as a "cool off period" Like they curretnly do in MD. If this is true I would look for it to become common practice, the back up of 1000's of checks a day/week holds little weight with espically when you can walk into anyother gun store in America except for NJ and MD and walk out the same day with your purchasue. MD is holding all restricted purchases up to 5 weeks over their 7 day wait, however you can get your side by side 12ga in 20 min. Its all GOV controlled BS. There isnt a damn thing to buy for the most part and all the panic buying is pretty much done for the most part. Watching auctions on gu broker proves this, prices are coming down, people are paying less and everyone bought what they wanted or thought what the needed.

Unlike every other state, we use NJSP instead of going through NICS directly like most free states do. NJSP is where the hold up is not the NICS system itself.

This is because we are POC state where we add our state data to the national data. It would just be best if NJ just shoveled that data into the national system and called it a day but hey, that's too logical...

Unlike every other state, we use NJSP instead of going through NICS directly like most free states do. NJSP is where the hold up is not the NICS system itself.

Yes and I bet the hold up has nothing to do with the great influx of gun purcauses from a anti gun state. Either they have one ole lady doing each one by hand or they are holding for 5-7 days because they can.

No it is not true. I bought a gun in January and my NICS was approved in 1 day.

That was January, I filled out my paperwork for a new rifle last Thursday and am still waiting to get it back. Hopefully I can pick it up before this weekend as I have a range trip planned.

I have been hearing "they're delaying as a defacto waiting period" since last year.

They are not.

They are swamped, plain and simple. Obama and Feinstein scared people into buying guns in record numbers. Expect a little delay in the NICS. It sucks but they were never prepared for this volume.

I spoke with an FFL a week ago who believes the AG is having all Nics take 5 to 7 days as a "cool off period" Like they curretnly do in MD. If this is true I would look for it to become common practice, the back up of 1000's of checks a day/week holds little weight with espically when you can walk into anyother gun store in America except for NJ and MD and walk out the same day with your purchasue. MD is holding all restricted purchases up to 5 weeks over their 7 day wait, however you can get your side by side 12ga in 20 min. Its all GOV controlled BS. There isnt a damn thing to buy for the most part and all the panic buying is pretty much done for the most part. Watching auctions on gu broker proves this, prices are coming down, people are paying less and everyone bought what they wanted or thought what the needed.

Any ffl stating that is just stating his opinion not fact. If he talks to nics he will realize that theory hold no weight We are getting call backs from NON nics people who work for the NJSP because the nics units are just overwhelmed. I have been told directly from those who bill nics the volume is crazy. NJSP nics unit only has a handful of people. this is why there is a back log. Anyone who assumes the AG is doing this on purpose has no legs to stand on when it comes to proof of any kind. I'm not defending how NJ handles its nics as it sucks but a crappy system does not mean tin foil hat time :)

I call bs. Theres not much left to buy. Been to a gun shop lately? Theres nothing there. How are they swamped when theres nothing to buy?

Instant my ass. We should file a lawsuit.

There's plenty of guns. Just not certain kinds. I've got one waiting for me at the FFL (M1 Garand) and one on its way (Mosin-Nagant M44.)

Nics is doing 1000+ checks a day they are back logged and i dont see it changing in the near future at least for a few months. Just think about it.. during the combination. Sandy hook, Christmas, Elections and Ban talk the delay was only 2 - 3 days. Now after presidents day it jumped to 5+ days.. Not saying its deliberate. But its not getting better its actually getting worse.

No one in the nics unit can claim it will be better in the near future as they cannot predict any better then me the volume of sales that will require background checks.

If it's really 1000+ checks, then that just warms my heart, and I'll gladly wait until that situation rectifies itself. Do the math. That's 1/3 of a million guns a year. In the hands of law abiding owners, some of which may not take kindly to having them taken away.

That was January, I filled out my paperwork for a new rifle last Thursday and am still waiting to get it back. Hopefully I can pick it up before this weekend as I have a range trip planned.

You have your non fact based opinion and I have mine.

I waited 8 days for a m38 mosin last week, and then right This before Christmas I waited 7 days for a lower and a m44.

Then last month I waited 8 days for a 91/30, 1903A4 and a PU. at the same time TJ had a Argetine Mauser which took 4 days.

So between the end of December and now I have made many purcauses all for unscary rifles, at my yearly normal purchasig

rates and not a one was same day.

There's plenty of guns. Just not certain kinds. I've got one waiting for me at the FFL (M1 Garand) and one on its way (Mosin-Nagant M44.)

If it's really 1000+ checks, then that just warms my heart, and I'll gladly wait until that situation rectifies itself. Do the math. That's 1/3 of a million guns a year. In the hands of law abiding owners, some of which may not take kindly to having them taken away.

Look at it this way... Where did all the guns go... most are out of stock online.. NJ is buying guns just as much as other states.. (Maybe not Texas).