dbldune

NICS checks

All you guys who are complaining about days 7 or 13, today is day 23 for me!! I called 3 times and went in twice to the dealer. I'm almost thinking if I get the call today it will be an April's fool joke. But I really don't expect a call. I have officially given up. BTW, this is the second of my permits to purchase, so really I'm at day 53!!

Is it time yet to reveal which FFL this is?

Feel free to pm if you'd like. Seems most nics checks have been taking 7-10 days so this is strange.

Turned in my paperwork last night about 7:00 pm @ Bob's Little Gun Store. They informed me that the NICS would take 7 days. So 6 more days til I get my PPQ! I hope...
Today is 6 days for me. Sooo hopeful tomorow is the day. I doubt it though.

hi- managed to pull off a nail biter: I had 1 permit left, expiring on 3/29. the permit was already renewed once. My ffl initiated the nics with 5 days remaining (OGAM), but the odds were against me as I was only giving nics 5 work days or 6 days to process. I realized that I had a major problem as 3/29 was good friday and nics offices would be closed. So, I called the NJSP nics office in trenton and a nice lady told me she would make a note of my permit expiration. they called my ffl back with an approval on my last eligible day, thursday the 28th. so, now I know that if i do any more, i can't wait til the last minute...

Turned in my paperwork last night about 7:00 pm @ Bob's Little Gun Store. They informed me that the NICS would take 7 days. So 6 more days til I get my PPQ!

I hope...

So much for 7 days. Day 8 has also come and gone. Maybe 9 will be a better day...

Day 26. Not looking good again. I spoke to my dealer yesterday. He has faxed 3 times and has called NICS but got no help. I know today isn't over, but if I was a betting man, I would put my money on the don't pass line.

i put mine in yesterday i will update when it gets back. i also wrote my assemblyman and state senator about this issues. They seem to be aware about it. The lady running the office contacted the AG's office. And they know there is a back log and claim to be trying to fix it. They claim problem is the number of fid and pistol permit apps that have come in more than the amount of nics purchases.

They claim problem is the number of fid and pistol permit apps that have come in more than the amount of nics purchases.

Bull. One has nothing to do with the other. How is what they're doing with the current fax system not illegal? It SPECIFICALLY says it is available telephonically.

13:54-3.19 Division of State Police NICS hours of operation

The NICS check is available telephonically weekdays from 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. and Saturday from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (except State holidays). The Division of State Police may expand hours of telephone coverage based upon operational experience. A facsimile service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Only one transaction per telephone call or facsimile is permitted.

Finally got the call last night, end of day 26!! It was a long road, hope no one else on the forums ever has to wait that long for an INSTANT check!! Good luck to all those waiting and thanks to everyone for feeling my pain.

There is no logical reason for this to be happening in my eyes . There were more NICS checks done in January than March yet the times continue to get worse. I bought a handgun in January and it only took 2 days yet now its up to 10-13 days? Pennsylvania is also a POC state like NJ and according to FBI stats they did literally 10 times the amount of checks last month

Finally got the call last night, end of day 26!! It was a long road, hope no one else on the forums ever has to wait that long for an INSTANT check!! Good luck to all those waiting and thanks to everyone for feeling my pain.

Glad your wait is finally over

Nice, Cowboy. I've been waiting to see such an update from you. Glad to see its finally done.

On to the next..!

Im next.. Day 20.. First one lost @ NJ NICS...FFL resent 5 days ago.. Called to verify.. NJ NICS told him that when a check gets lost and they find it later..rather than run it they shred it and wait for re-submission... Nice policy huh?.. i am apparently one of three buyers my FFL had same problem with