Sludog

What gun lube/cleaner are you guys using?

I just bought a Walther P99 and need to get some good lube to keep her running smooth. Any suggestions? Does it make a difference if the gun is steel or poly? Manual says use Happe's #9 Nitro Powder Solvent and gun oil or household oil but I want to see if you guys recommend something else.

Hoppe's Elilte cleaner.. M-pro7 oil for lube.. but im new too, so i dont know if this is the best stuff.. (note that neither of the items smell, which is nice). I have heard good and bad things with Hoppes Elite, but seems M-pro7 is good stuff from most here..

Ive seen Ballistol all over the place online.. is that like CLP where its a bit of everything but a master of none? Just curious if i were to spray the internals of a semi-auto with it, does it leave too much residue in there to help build up gunk? still getting the hang of the cleaning thing and while i can taake apart the gun to clean it, im just not really positive what (other than the barrel/slide/frame) I am supposed to spray with cleaner.. (or oil for that matter)

FrogLube hasnt let me down yet...so I suggest that...and its got a nice minty smell and isnt harsh on hands just incase you have kids or pets you are worrying about that may by any chance come in contact with it.

CLP for regular overall cleanings (even bore) and wipe down... also smells good. - G96 Gun Treatment

Wet lube - Slip2K EWL

Grease - Magnalube

Copper remover for once in awhile - KG-12

Bore solvent for stubborn stuff - Hoppes #9 Semi-Auto formula

I use SLiP products - 725 Cleaner, Carbon Cutter, and EWL (http://www.slip2000.com/home.php)

Anyone still using CLP should read this.

http://www.slip2000.com/blog/side-by-side-review-of-slip-2000-ewl-and-clp/

http://www.slip2000.com/blog/ewl-vs-clp-testing-greg-sullivan-comments/

Like most things, anything designed to "do it all" rarely does.

(I do use Hoppes occasionally, mostly because I like the smell :) )

Can't believe nobody has mentioned FIREclean yet. Amazing stuff and works as a CLP.

How long have you been using Fireclean? Have you ever used Froglube? I have been reading about this and it seems amazing, but everything seems amazing when it's the manufacturer saying it!! I have been using Froglube lately and it seems good. My go to stuff is mPro7 but always looking out for something better. FIREclean users have great things to say about it!!