matty

ALERT!!!! APRIL 30th SENATE HEARING AT NOON not 10AM See SLP comte page

Damn, I missed this... I got tied up in meetings at work. Is it still going on? The live video stream shows an empty room... with a handful of people standing around.

They are on break till 2:10 and will continue till 4:30

I think more focus on specific bills is needed not just the blanket statement Do not infrindge. I feel that this falls on deaf ears when generalized. Like Sweeney said the bills may need to be corrected if mistakes are there. Its time to point out specifics

I just made friends with a very reasonable anti. He is a pastor speaking in Westfield tomorrow. We exchanged cards and are going to keep in touch. He thought 97% if background checks go through in 5 min and was shocked that it can take 3 weeks. Had no idea that FFLs aren't going to gladly do transfers for $15. A little friendly education can go a long way.

Edit. He also thinks an FFL will release a gun if he doesn't hear back within 3 days. No joke.

Two things;

1) are anti gunners going up there and testifying, say that they are afraid to be there because gun owners are there?

2) are anti gunners actually comparing gun owners to wife beaters?

That's the antis excuse since they have a piss poor showing. They pulled the same stunt at the previous assembly depicting "us" as armed criminals. The other lady went on talking about having 20 chapters in her organization yet only garnered 5 people to clap in their support.

In this country, the power should be in the people and there's an overwhelming attendance of citizens agains the proposed bills which should mean something to our senators. Unfortunately for us, the bills will be voted and pushed through as they were in the Assembly as it was done in CA, CO, NY, & CT. The only difference for NJ is that our Governor hasn't stated that he will definitely sign them as the other sellouts did when they reached their desk.

Can someone ask 2 questions for me, i wasnt able to make it today, but i am going to try for the 2nd.

Two simple questions addressed to the senate commitee.

1. Have anyone on this commitee bought a firearm in the past 10 years?

2. Do any of the commitee members even know the process to purchase a firearm in NJ?