Steve_G

Assembly won't consider Senate bills without 10 round mag limits

I'd love to debate these guys on these mag capacity bans.

22 years ago, the anti-gun folks rammed down the throats of all NJ gun owners a mag ban limit of 15 rounds. "This is it" they said.. "this will save lives, can you get on board with this" they said... "This will be it, it is the number of rounds that will save lives and will not impede on gun owner's rights" they said...

Fast forward and now the legislature is now trying to tell us that 15 rounds is unacceptable to "save lives", and now the new magic number is 10 rounds. Backed up by the same damn rhetoric BS they pulled on us 22 years ago. The same freaking BS arguments.

No thank you sir, it is obvious that they are simply trying to turn lawful gun owners into criminals, and to make owning a gun in NJ dangerous via ridiculously complicated laws and rules. In 5,10,20 years these same people will be using the same BS tactics to move to 5 or 1 shot magazines.

Somewhat of a rebuttal:

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issues/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

Before the call that changed Sergeant Timothy Gramins’ life forever, he typically carried 47 rounds of handgun ammunition on his person while on duty.

Today, he carries 145, “every day, without fail.”

At the core of his desperate firefight was a murderous attacker who simply would not go down, even though he was shot 14 times with .45-cal. ammunition — six of those hits in supposedly fatal locations.

I don't get it. These bills have already passed the Assembly. I thought the next step is consideration by Senate, followed by consideration by Christie.

Why does the Assembly have any more say in this matter?

Some are the bills from the Assembly. Some are new bills from the Senate. At this point, the Senate has decided not to consider mag limits as well as a lot of the other Assembly bills.

I'm hoping for a long drawn out pissin contest that ends in a stalemate and nothing being passed

Some are the bills from the Assembly. Some are new bills from the Senate. At this point, the Senate has decided not to consider mag limits as well as a lot of the other Assembly bills.

I'm hoping for a long drawn out pissin contest that ends in a stalemate and nothing being passed

+1

Christie, the Senate, and the Assembly have already worked out the "sting" all three will walk away happy, Christie will "look" like he's pro gun for November, Sweeny will look good for his south jersey gun owners by not addressing the capacity issue and the Assembly will get everything else they want. It will take all the citizens months to figure out they have been played. Unless relief comes from the federal courts and federal laws help us no one in this state is going to.

Christie, the Senate, and the Assembly have already worked out the "sting" all three will walk away happy, Christie will "look" like he's pro gun for November, Sweeny will look good for his south jersey gun owners by not addressing the capacity issue and the Assembly will get everything else they want. And the citizens of NJ are too damn stupid to figure out they have been played. Unless relief comes from the federal courts and federal laws help us no one in this state is going to.

Fix it for ya.

Looks like they're ganging up on Sweeney and trying to pressure him to buckle and put all of their bullsh^t in the package. As much as it may hurt most of us, an email to Sweeney showing support for him and his position may be in order. We can't count on Christie to veto this nonsense.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/04/weinberg_says_shell_push_for_r.html#incart_river_default

This will not end in a stalemate. These are all tactics to fatigue and confuse us, Weinberg and company have come to realize that we are not the toothless yahoos she made us out to be. What they want to do is drag this out as long as possible so that we disband as a group and stop making noise. Do not fall for any of these tactics, we need to stay strong and united. No giving up, we have not come this far in the battle to walk away now. You don't see cancer patients giving up on that last round of radiation or chemo treatments and that is much more painful and uncomfortable that anything we are no experiencing. If they don't give in no matter the outcome then we have no excuse.

We definitely need to continue to reach out to Sweeney and let him know how we feel. We also need to continue to let our local representatives know how we feel and how we will vote.

On one hand it s probably a good thing that this drags on and isn't crammed down our throats based on emotion and middle of the night deals but the continued political uncertainty will also probably continue to drive the buying panic that we are seeing, at least locally.

This is really disappointing. It seems like Weinberg and her friends in the assembly are pulling every dirty trick to thwart Sweeney.

Here's what I just wrote Sweeney:

Dear Senator Sweeney,

I am concerned that we are just one business day away from the Senate hearings, and we haven't seen the text of your bill. It is crucial for an intelligent discussion to know what we are discussing.

I understand you're under severe pressure from some of your colleagues to add unnecessarily restrictive measures aimed at demonizing lawful gun owners. I ask that you maintain the reasoned balance you have shown so far.

For anti-gun voters, this is just one of many issues. For those of us who are passionate about our second amendment civil rights, this is the fight of our lives, and we will remember those who temper the worst excesses of our adversaries.

Sincerely,

Maybe, just maybe, Greenwald is painting himself into a corner. If he pisses Sweeney off enough, he may not get anything. My guess is if any of this crap makes it though the Senate, the assembly will take what they can get. It's just a matter of posturing on Greenwald's part.

What is the point anyway? Theoretically, if someone has a 17-round mag (or mags plural), who would know? If someone defends themself and their family in a home invasion, will there be some sort of investigation on mag capacity after the bodies are cleared away?

What is the point anyway? Theoretically, if someone has a 17-round mag (or mags plural), who would know? If someone defends themself and their family in a home invasion, will there be some sort of investigation on mag capacity after the bodies are cleared away?

Most people would comply, and would you be able to take your illegal mag to the range? Probably not.

My guess, in NJ, absolutely! There is no "Castle bill/doctrine" in the state and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to investigate the "crime scene". This would include the firearm used, other guns in your safe, etc. Even if it was a clear case of self defense, I'm almost certain they'll press charges against you and you'll end up being the criminal.