DSD1026

New Jersey CCW Roll Call

OK, so I'm just curious.. So many of you folks talk about NJ and the lack of CCW approvals here (which I agree that this state sucks for that)..

So, how many of you guys actually have a NJ CCW? I don't care about FL or PA or UT.. I am guessing a very small percentage have NJ unless you're LE or a PI or something..

If this subject has been asked before I apologize..

Keep in mind active LE don't need a CCW.  They carry under statutory authority.  Many retired LEOs have the NJ RPO carry permit but would be just as legal meeting LEOSA requirements.  PIs only get a CCW if they can show the judge they do the type of work that would necessitate carrying.

Keep in mind active LE don't need a CCW.  They carry under statutory authority.  Many retired LEOs have the NJ RPO carry permit but would be just as legal meeting LEOSA requirements.  PIs only get a CCW if they can show the judge they do the type of work that would necessitate carrying.

An English translation would be nice. 'Cuz I have no idea what you are saying.

C

A little off topic, but my friend got an unrestricted CCW in Cambridge, MA which is politically a little right of Berkeley, CA. He has no special justification and doesn't even have a gun. When his wife applied, she had limitations placed on hers, so must have been a fluke.

There is many posts regarding ccw topics. I've had several in NJ over the years. But if you are asking this question as it pertains to, 'are their any carriers that got one based outside, security, pis, etc'... Then yes, you'll hear a lot of crickets.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I saw one in person once.  I met another person that claimed to have one but I did not see it with my own eyes.  So, as far as I personally know there is only one that was issued to a person that is not a security guard or has a LEO exemption.

Doesn't matter. All pertinent questions have asked and answered time and time again. They don't change.

No one wil fess up cause they know they will get bombarded with questions

I would imagine some combination of the type of business they're in and who they know.

Also if they deposit a lot of cash at the end of the business day.  Certain shops that are "cash only" I would bet they could get a CCW to cover them for a half hour maybe an hours tops from when their store closes to make it to the bank and home to CCW for that short time period.

Also if they deposit a lot of cash at the end of the business day.  Certain shops that are "cash only" I would bet they could get a CCW to cover them for a half hour maybe an hours tops from when their store closes to make it to the bank and home to CCW for that short time period.

Wasn't that the exact situation of the guy who got denied in the lawsuit (don't remember his name.) The defense is that it's "justified" only if there is no other way to protect yourself. Of course, you can always hire 5 bodyguards, like Bloomberg. Therefore, it's never justified.

It's really sad that the judges and PA AG fall for the lie that NJ is a "may issue" state. If NJ were honest, at least we could get nonresident CCW in PA. It's a pathetic commentary on judicial activism that the claim that "95% of applicants are granted CCW" wasn't laughed out of court. The judges will do anything to achieve their own polical agendas. I've heard the lower court rulings described as "an act of civil disobedience" against SCOTUS and its recent rulings.

I wonder how much it costs to buy off a judge to grant CCW. It happens in NYC (Donald Trump, Harvey Keitel, Arthur Sulzberger, Li'l Wayne, etc,) so I assume it happens here, as well. Can't they at least be transparent about it and post a price list? Each judge could name his own price, and I'm sure at least some would pay it. Who knows, it might even lead to a bidding war, as judges try to outcompete each other to attract donations. Same with politicians. I'm sure people like Cryan could make a killing by renting out their judges to make favorable rulings on CCW cases.

The only CCW I ever knew of was a guy who owned a convenience store down her in a pretty rural area - several miles from the nearest bank.  He carried in his store during the day and had a ccw that let him carry from his store to the bank after closing for the day and only if he had a certain amount of money on him.  So he would drive 20 minutes to the bank, and put the gun in his trunk for the drive home but only on really busy days.

I personally know two people who have a NJ CCW permit. Only one I would describe as politically connected. There are some permit holders who have had them forever and never given a reason to have them revoked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The only CCW I ever knew of was a guy who owned a convenience store down her in a pretty rural area - several miles from the nearest bank.  He carried in his store during the day and had a ccw that let him carry from his store to the bank after closing for the day and only if he had a certain amount of money on him.  So he would drive 20 minutes to the bank, and put the gun in his trunk for the drive home but only on really busy days.

^ This. Keep in mind that outside security and armored truck drivers, sometimes store owners who handle large quantities of cash will be granted CCW. However, in NJ these CCW permits are HIGHLY restricted as above. So the guy who owns a convenience store who gets a CCW for bringing cash to the bank will not be able to CCW at any other time. Even the security guards who get CCW permits can only carry while working.

Also, the NJ permits only allow you to carry the particular firearm(s) listed on the permit. I.e. your CCW would say "Joe can carry a concealed Glock 19 Serial number 12345 when transferring cash from Joe's Jewelry Store to X Bank." Technically if Joe ccw's his Glock 23 to the bank he is violating his permit.

My grandfather does have NJ CCW, he is a lawyer and I would say "politically connected". He ran for mayor in our town (lost, but still), is personal friends with local PD Chiefs, he used to be very active in the county Republican group. He's had it for at least 10 years, ever since I first took an interest in guns. However there are even restrictions on him (he can carry when working) and he still needs to keep it current. A mix of his job and knowing the right people I think.