Sign in to follow this  
paulnj088

ruger gp100

Have one (3" SS). Thought it was the bees knees until i felt the trigger on a 686. 

That said, it's still my fave gun and the one I'd trust my life to if it came down to it. In fact, a 4" blued is next on my list (after the .45 I have on order).

I have a Stainless 6". I currently have a red dot on mine but am not loving it. I may try a low power scope. I'd like to try white tail hunting in DE with it, hence the optics.

I've got one. (6" blued). It's probably my favorite handgun. It is hefty but solid as all hell. The others are right about the trigger. It's not the best in the world, but that can be easily fixed with a new set of springs or a trigger job. Definitely get one if you can.

Where did you find it?  I've called several gun shops and none have it.  I'm considering the exact same gun ....GP100 in 4 in SS.

Found mine at Heritage Guild in Easton.  They had a couple of them at the time but it's going back to before the craziness.  Worth giving them a call though.  

Good luck on the search...

Found mine at Heritage Guild in Easton.  They had a couple of them at the time but it's going back to before the craziness.  Worth giving them a call though.  

Good luck on the search...

Thanks, they and everyone else is out of the Ruger GP100 in .357 right now.  Did find a GP100 in .327 for $579 and jumped on it.  It was actully one of the first handguns I was considering.  I'll probably pick up some other .357s later on. 

I've been to Heritage Guild in Easton twice and once to the one in Branchburg.  Really nice, patient and informative people.  Would defintely recommend newbies stop in their to rent some of their guns before buying.  Very nice indoor range.

For those looking for a GP100 this site has them for $499 shipped.

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/44703/c/firearms

Specifications

Material: Alloy Steel
Finish: Blued
Front Sight: Ramp
Rear Sight: Adjustable
Barrel Length: 4”
Overall Length: 9.50”
Weight: 40.00 oz.
Grips: Hogue® Monogrip®
Twist: 1:18.75” RH
Grooves: 5
Capacity: 6

For those looking for a GP100 this site has them for $499 shipped.

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/44703/c/firearms

Specifications

Material: Alloy Steel

Finish: Blued

Front Sight: Ramp

Rear Sight: Adjustable

Barrel Length: 4”

Overall Length: 9.50”

Weight: 40.00 oz.

Grips: Hogue® Monogrip®

Twist: 1:18.75” RH

Grooves: 5

Capacity: 6

You're the man. Just bought it.

Anyone own this revolver? Just picked one up today.waiting on nics. I hear its a tank..sure feels like one

Anyone???

Thanks

Enjoy it - they're like potato chips - you can't have just one...

$35 including NICS. He is in Bayonne and Rick is his name. Great guy to do business with. He has a subforum here: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/forum/160-omg-custom-guns-bayonne-nj/

Wow great price. Too far for me though from south jersey. Would cost me $20 in gas and tolls to get there.