Purple Patrick

Unofficial NJGF Burger Thread

Here's me at place called Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, in PA, a few years back.

Is that in Clearfield, PA???

5 guys doesn't do it for me - as somebody said previously, just fancier fast food - but unless I can get a burger rare, it ain't a burger.

I was really surprised at how good the burgers (and fries) are at Bobby's Burger Palace - a Bobby Flay chain. Opened one at Princeton Market Fair recently and they are very good.

Dying to try a place called Sketch in Fishtown in Philly. Supposed to have the best burgers in Philly.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

5 guys doesn't do it for me - as somebody said previously, just fancier fast food - but unless I can get a burger rare, it ain't a burger.

I was really surprised at how good the burgers (and fries) are at Bobby's Burger Palace - a Bobby Flay chain. Opened one at Princeton Market Fair recently and they are very good.

Dying to try a place called Sketch in Fishtown in Philly. Supposed to have the best burgers in Philly.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, i've heard good things about Sketch, they're not far from where I work, but have yet to try them. 

I stopped eating ground beef last year. What used to be considered pet food grade quality is now ok to use as ground beef filler.

Except when Maks convinces me to go to either Cheeburger Cheeburger (turkey burger) or BBP I haven't tried the potato chips on a burger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_slime

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Mmmmmm...... Burger's.....mmmmmmm

My vote goes to "KRUG's" in the iron bound section of Newark. They got best burger awards for several years.

First time I met Cory booker there, that fake NY mets fan, whatta punk, I can say this because he pretended he was a mets fan when we met him. My crew just came home from a mets game and we were all decked out in mets gear. Giving us high fives, that faker!

(The next day I saw him wearing yankeers Hat)

And while you're in Long branch (or the Red bank location), try JR's. Thier spin on the burger is gourmet sliders: two thick, handmade patties cooked to your liking with a variety of toppings or tasty preconfgiured options. I like the spicy bacon burgers on wheat buns. They also have tater tots FTW!

I'm a big fan of Five Guys.  Great burgers, and I love how they list which farm in Idaho produced the potatoes they are using in that day's fries.

Five guys are awesome. 

I got food poisoning from a Five Guys and since then never been back....

Bob,

I've heard good things about the burgers at Patriot's Crossing near you. Have you tried them yet?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I just saw the OP mentioned 25 Burgers. They have one of these in West Deptford, I've only been their once and it was terrible. It took over 25 minutes to get our take out order, our burgers were black and burnt to a crisp and the milkshake my GF got was just soft serve in a cup, she actually just ate it with a spoon.

Maybe I should give them a 2nd chance, but I was REALLY so turned off with our past trip there.

The one in Bound Brook is hit or miss, been there a few times. Sometimes the burger is an incorrectly cooked, greasy mess and other times it's pretty damn good. Arthur's Steakhouse in North Brunswick used to make a damn good burger but I haven't had a burger there in years so I'm not sure if they are still top notch.

Awesome topic!

My issue is that I LOVE my burgers almost uncooked so finding a place I can place complete trust in always a crap shoot.  I hate any meat cooked medium or beyond,  but crave stone cold rare.  One place I've gotten very, very rare hamburgers without getting sick was The Ark in Point Pleasant.  Every now and then they've allowed the grill to go beyond it's recommended cleaning time frame,  but this usually is rectified in a week's time.  (By that I mean their burgers have on occasion had a little burnt taste to the outer layer.)

I wish there was a place near me that served genuine true "prime" meat for their hamburgers.  No matter what they SAY,  it's not done, which I understand as who wants to pay $18 to $20 or more for a hamburger.  Also,  does anyone here buy and ground their own?  Suggestions on what cuts to mix for that perfect combo?  Maybe a little sirloin with some untrimmed brisket? 

Tagged this topic for suggestions by you guys for Northwest NJ. 

And while you're in Long branch (or the Red bank location), try JR's. Thier spin on the burger is gourmet sliders: two thick, handmade patties cooked to your liking with a variety of toppings or tasty preconfgiured options. I like the spicy bacon burgers on wheat buns. They also have tater tots FTW!

Theres a JR's in red bank too

Country Club Tavern: rt 9 in Cape May Court House, just off exit 13 of the GSP. They have a few on the menu but will make anything you ask for.

My Favorite: Bacon Cheese Burger with hot peppers.

DuckTown Tavern: Atlantic City. Atlantic Ave and Georgia (I Think). But it's been a while since I hit DuckTown. When I worked nights in AC a group of us would go there for drinks and grub at the end of the shift,around 7am.

Harpoon Willey's in Brielle or Frankie's in Point Pleasant both have great traditional burgers. The barmen grill them right in front of you while pouring you a cold one. Dinner and a show.

I'll give a +1 for Frankie's in Pt. Pleasant. Haven't been in a while might be time for another visit.