Blake

Newest addition to the safe...

I haven't posted most of my new additions this year, despite having picked up some cool stuff.  I saw this gun pop up for sale locally from a private individual and figured it was a good time to buy one since HK announced they would no longer sell them a couple months ago.  They always looked like a neat gun and I didn't have a .45 carbine so I decided to grab it.  It was also a great deal which didn't hurt.  

It's a HK USC Carbine that came with all the original gear, manuals, etc.  I also got several different lowers with it, one that is made to take double stack grease gun mags.  First impressions of it are that it seems well built for a mostly plastic rifle.  The previous owner maintained it very well, and it looks new.  He said it is very accurate (just got it today haven't shot it yet) and it is relatively light (6 lbs).  The factory sights are set very low which might take some getting used to, but overall I think it points rather naturally and should be a good shooter.

I will report back once I get to the range on Fri (hopefully).  

5dca.jpg

A coworker just came across one and is hot to buy it for what seems like way too much to me ($1500) but the one he's looking at is the older (2000 build date) gray and allegedly only has 200 rnds through it...neither are in nj

A coworker just came across one and is hot to buy it for what seems like way too much to me ($1500) but the one he's looking at is the older (2000 build date) gray and allegedly only has 200 rnds through it...neither are in nj

$1500 seems about what they are going for based on GB listings, or a bit more than that on Armslist.  I got mine for substantially less which is why I jumped on it.  

I would also venture a guess that prices will not go down on them as production has ceased.  

I hate you Blake!! You have all the cool stuff. Lol Nice pickup.

Daaaayyyyuuuummmmm.... Lets go choot dat'

I still want to try your tavor

Lol.  Danny whenever you are headed to CJ let me know and I will bring some toys to shoot.  

Clint - you are welcome down here anytime just shoot me a pm with when would work for you.  

That's sweet, good luck with it!  I held one at the Heritage Guild of Easton around the beginning of the year. I don't remember what they asking for it and if it was NJ complaint.

Thanks!  I believe they are compliant out of the box.  No muzzle brake, no collapsible stock, 10rd mag.  Doesn't seem there are enough "evil" characteristics to have it be neutered by our lovely state.  

This is very nice, something I have long pondered.  When I first encountered in in 2010 sometime late, I had been looking for a present for myself after back surgery... I decided to give me'self something nice since no one else did...and I saw this, thought, I could work with this.. I have twice rented an MP5 in Vegas and it's absolutely awesome, I'm not a very big guy so a smaller subgun is perfect for me, and this is what HK offers for civilians so I thought, I'll work with it!  What held me back was it only comes in .45 ACP, and I just don't have any other .45 ACP in the family, so it would be a totally new caliber etc.  Which really gave me back and forth pause.

Fast forward to this October, I knew I was getting a decent chunk of money and had some budgeted for a few new "toys".  I started to really really like this USC again and thought, maybe it will become my all around long gun, a range fun gun, a home defense long gun, designated SHTF/Survival in the neighborhood gun( living in an area that would be conducive to such a firearm).  So I actually TRIED to buy one, had it all planned out.  Earlier in 2012 I had seem them going for $1200 which I took to be, the lowest retail price, and several places were that low.  As 2012 went on it got hgher and higher.  I contacted several sellers in October and said, listen, you're anywhere from like $1650 to $2000+ , if you go to $1200 I will send you the cash right now.  Basically everyone said, no thanks, I'd rather keep it up for sale than sell to you for a very low price.

The one place that was particularly curt with me got a reply saying, that is too bad, because I have a lot to spend on guns.  This was going to be a $3000+ purchase, because I would need the HK USC, the very expensive HK options like the rail kit, the proper HK foregrip, an optic (I was leaning towards a Zeiss Z Point to keep the sexy euro look), a case of .45 FMJ and a case of .45 JHP defense ammo, and probably 10 magazines...  Maybe I sent this to more than one place, and one place might have said "Whatever I don't want your business" lol.  the other said something like' Well if you told me you were looking for all that maybe I would have worked with you" .  .... So Anyway, I said, obviously God doesn't want me to have a USC or it would have worked out, and it moved to my mind.  a month or month and a half later, everything changed, and they were over $2 up to $3G's and I said, Oh well... lol.

Still awesome.  Still damned sexy if you ask me, if and when I get to FL in this year or next like the plan is, my NFA plans are an AAC suppressor for my 700 AAC-SD, and one of my dream type longguns, either an 10.4" 416 upper SBR, or maybe a purchased professional HK UMP SBR, which are just so sweet.  Years down the road but hey, a man with no dreams is a man with no hope.

oh that is nice!  You should bring it Sunday morning so I can shoot her!!!!

If you are going to be there Sunday shoot me a text.  I am hoping to get to the range tomorrow to try it out but will bring it with me Sun too if you want.  

Looking hot man. It was between this and a vector for me. Ended up with a good deal on a vector so I got that! We are going to have to trade carbines for a range session

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

The vector looks awesome!  I was looking at them, but this popped up and I couldn't say no.  

I have twice rented an MP5 in Vegas and it's absolutely awesome

Still awesome.  Still damned sexy if you ask me, if and when I get to FL in this year or next like the plan is, my NFA plans are an AAC suppressor for my 700 AAC-SD, and one of my dream type longguns, either an 10.4" 416 upper SBR, or maybe a purchased professional HK UMP SBR, which are just so sweet.  Years down the road but hey, a man with no dreams is a man with no hope.

I am also on the hunt for an early model bobcat mp-5 clone.  I have read that they are the best quality mp-5 clone's and I will have one sooner or later.  

Those are some pretty awesome nfa options, we expect pics when you move and get any of them lol!

I am also on the hunt for an early model bobcat mp-5 clone.  I have read that they are the best quality mp-5 clone's and I will have one sooner or later.  

Those are some pretty awesome nfa options, we expect pics when you move and get any of them lol!

Hey brother thank you for the tip, but I am the FIRST ONE to call "DBaaaaaaaaag" on the people that post their "lists' of firearms, etc. and don't actually HAVE them... I actually just got told how the other guys Remington 700 AAC-SD is better than my AAC-SD, because "[his] Nightforce is way better than my Nikon Monarch and [his] AICS looks much better than my Manners T5A ... " except, he doesn't have them yet lol.  Not even like, ordered on the way in the mail.  Saving up money someday, lol, but still, Better! :)   So I admit , my 700 AAC can and dream SBR are just that, dreams lool.  You got that great USC and I admit, I am o so jelly... Credit where credit is due my friend.  

Lemme ask you, what optic you going with?  I was leaning to a Zeiss or even a Mepro M21 because IMHO a HK USC needs an exotic, sexy smooth optic.  EOTech and or AImpoint are absolutely GREAT, I just wanted some pizzazz.

Hey brother thank you for the tip, but I am the FIRST ONE to call "DBaaaaaaaaag" on the people that post their "lists' of firearms, etc. and don't actually HAVE them... I actually just got told how the other guys Remington 700 AAC-SD is better than my AAC-SD, because "[his] Nightforce is way better than my Nikon Monarch and [his] AICS looks much better than my Manners T5A ... " except, he doesn't have them yet lol.  Not even like, ordered on the way in the mail.  Saving up money someday, lol, but still, Better! :)   So I admit , my 700 AAC can and dream SBR are just that, dreams lool.  You got that great USC and I admit, I am o so jelly... Credit where credit is due my friend.  

Lemme ask you, what optic you going with?  I was leaning to a Zeiss or even a Mepro M21 because IMHO a HK USC needs an exotic, sexy smooth optic.  EOTech and or AImpoint are absolutely GREAT, I just wanted some pizzazz.

Nothing wrong with lists, I just wish mine were shorter.  

Sounds like a teenager is trolling you telling you his fake 700 is better than yours, tell him when he wants to meet you on the range you will see who's is better!

I haven't even thought about an optic.  This was a more or less impulse buy even though I had thought about buying one for a while.  I know the mepro is out bc I looked at them for my Tavor and they don't perform well in low light or transitioning environments.  I will look into the Zeiss.  I tend to be an Aimpoint guy but for now I will just use the factory sights since I likely won't shoot it past 100yds.  

But again with the fixed pistol grip to the stock piece of plastic. Just like the CX4. Why do all these civilian carbines have the pistol grip connected to the stock? Is it because of evil feature laws ?

Imho it looks WAAAAY better than a CX4... I love what I hear about the CX4 but dont at all like the looks...love the USC AND would own one if it was in 9 or even .40 but as of yet I dont have .45 in my family of calibers and wasnt going to start with the USC. But again its sweet... some company does fully legal and NJ LEgal UMP conversions with pistol grip, fixed UMP Stock and mags etc almost 4000... temping. If it was 4000 and you got the short barrel and folding stock etc I would be all on it, like a 10.4" HK416 .. Damned nfa laws.

Got it out to the range today.

Pro's are that it is accurate and there is not much muzzle rise. It cycles quickly and I was getting good groups at 50 yds, and was able to hit a 5" steel circle at 100yds pretty easily using just the irons.

Cons are that the 10rd mag goes waaay too fast and I only have 2 mags right now for it lol. The recoil is significant. IMO its worse than the .308s I have shot. If you dont have the stock pushed back into your shoulder real tight you are going to be in for a surprise. Lastly the trigger is somewhat heavy but manageable.

All in all its a neat carbine. I dont think I will be using it for a home defense or class gun but it will be a fun range plinker.

Also got a newly completed ar out today which performed absolutely awesome. The geissele ssa trigger is fantastic and between the muzzle brake, imod stock, and jp silent spring there is literally no felt recoil.

Last pic is what happens when you dont follow instructions and out the target at 100yds and not 200yds. Totally damaged the steel with a .223 rd.

post-5158-137367910987_thumb.jpg

post-5158-137367913524_thumb.jpg

post-5158-137367916324_thumb.jpg

post-5158-137367918182_thumb.jpg