Lecky

$1200 to spend

Hi all, I should be getting my 2 purchase permits soon, I already have a kimber 1911 and a Glock 19, I want to definitely buy a 22 but could use some advice on what to buy, and do you think I should stay with getting another 9mm or change the caliber to something else I was thinking maybe the m&p core, beretta m9, I could sure use some help with choices, I want to stay with semi auto. Thanks everyone

As far as the .22 goes my vote is for a ruger 22/45.  I have shot them and loved it.  I have one waiting to be picked up (thanks OGAM!).

Another good option would be buying a Sig 226 or 229 in .22lr bc you can then buy the xchange kit to make it also shoot 9mm.  

You could then use the rest of your money to buy any number of 9mm's.  I have an M&P which is great.  I would also recommend checking out an HK P30.  

Lastly, there is a .22lr kit for sale in the marketplace for a great price that will fit on your g19 if it's a gen 3.  No permit required.

You should have just enough for browning Buckmark and a sig 226. If you go used you will definitely have enough and some change for ammo.

Look for preowned and save a bundle. Some nice Sigs in the marketplace right now.

Depending on the 1911 you have there may be a .22 conversion for it.

Personally I love my Sig p226. You can get it in 9, 40 and 22

If I were you I would go with the p226 in 22 and get the 9mm conversion. Use the rest for money

+1 for the Sig but the conversion kits are pricey. You can get a nice used .22 for the same price.

+1 for the Sig but the conversion kits are pricey. You can get a nice used .22 for the same price.

The savings is in buying the .22 version then buying a 9mm or 40 xchange kit.  .22 can be had for $540 vs a 9mm or 40 which are over $800.  

Springfield XD. I have had 2 blocks. I have an M&P, 1911 and others but the XD is my favorite. Mine is the 5" 45ACP. For a 22 I really like my Ruger MKII 22/45.

The best thing to do is to TRY before you buy. There are ranges where you can rent guns an try them.

It sucks to use a permit and spend the money on a gun that others like but after shooting it you find that you don't like it.

Can I have opinions on the beretta m9/92fs vs the M&P core 9mm? Thanks for all the advice I like the idea of the 22 conversion kits for my Glock 19 or Kimber custom tactical II, but wanted a dedicated 22. I was looking at the prices, and for the cost of the conversion you can almost buy a 22 handgun. But I do realize that it would save me a permit, and I only have 2 coming. Decisions Decisions....

M9/92FS is a DA/SA Hammer fired gun, with standard 15 round capacity magazines.  It's got a slide-mounted Safety/Decocker.  Some people find that to be unwieldy.  Since it's DA/SA the trigger pull is heavier in DA mode, then lighter in SA mode.

M&P Pro Core 9mm is a striker fired pistol with no external safeties.  There is a trigger hinge safety.  Though it's considered to be DA, the trigger pull is consistent. 

Can I have opinions on the beretta m9/92fs vs the M&P core 9mm? Thanks for all the advice I like the idea of the 22 conversion kits for my Glock 19 or Kimber custom tactical II, but wanted a dedicated 22. I was looking at the prices, and for the cost of the conversion you can almost buy a 22 handgun. But I do realize that it would save me a permit, and I only have 2 coming. Decisions Decisions....

I have both.  CORE is a much more recent purchase.  I love my 92FS.  Very accurate and easy to shoot.

The CORE is more GLOCK like, but not a glock for sure.  Changeable back straps is a nice option.  It has no discernible reset, but that is my only gripe.

I have a new M-9 in stock if you'd like to try one on for size..............?????

Also the Sig SP2022 is a very nice gun (I have them also)

In .22's the M&P22 is a nice gun in a full size frame, but the Ruger SR22 is 

arguably the most accurate but it is a smaller frame gun than the M&P.

We have several 22 & 9mm HG's in stock - Give me a call...........

The CORE is more GLOCK like, but not a glock for sure.  Changeable back straps is a nice option.  It has no discernible reset, but that is my only gripe.

APEX trigger will fix that... https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid36.html