RubberBullets

NJ.com poll - Would New Jersey be safer if more people carried concealed guns?

Its now at 80.87% yes, 334 votes.

17.92% No, 74 votes

And 1.21%, 5 people can't think for themselves and need someone to decide for them.

I'm actually surprised at the layout of the poll.  It's a very simple "yes, no, don't know".  Usually NJ.com's polls have answers that dilute the stance they oppose.. such as "Yes, yes with training, no".

I still think it will disappear in a few hours and will never be published.

I still think it will disappear in a few hours and will never be published.

I totally agree with that.  Plus, anti-gun politicians love to throw around questionable statistics, like how 90% of people are in favor of universal background checks; but you will never hear them citing figures like these.

81.6%  (1,103) Yes votes now.  1,351 total votes.

In related news to media bias.  Has anyone read the Record's blip on Mueller's being affirms in the 3rd Circuit?  

A federal appellate court this week upheld New Jersey laws that require gun owners to get a permit to carry handguns outside their homes. Now, that decision could provide a legal boost to gun-control groups preparing to fight a second challenge to the gun restrictions in an upcoming New Jersey Supreme Court case. 

I'm trying to read the article as objective as I possibly can.  There is absolutely no mention of the facts surrounding the case and how to meet the standard of "justifiable need" is nearly impossible to reach.  New Hampshire is looking more and more appealing everyday.

Link: http://www.northjersey.com/news/recordpolitics/218049181_N_J__gun_laws_win_a_round_in_federal_court.html?page=all

Thank you for voting!

Yes. The criminals wouldn't know who was packing, so they'd be less likely to strike. 83.31%  (1,487 votes) 

No. More guns will spur more violence, not less.  15.85%  (283 votes) 

I'm not sure where I stand on this one.  0.84%  (15 votes) 

Total Votes: 1,785

That's a lot of people who feel strongly enought to vote. I half those people donated $25 to Niki Trunk, we could potentially displace Sweeney and send a louder message than all of these polls and letters put together.

Haven't heard of this person yet, have any links for info?

She's the Republican challenger to Sweeney. Claims to be very pro-2A in response to a letter I sent her before donating to her campaign.

This is one of the few competitive races in the state. If we can displace Sweeney, that will be a major shot across the bow to the antigunners.

On the other hand he is the senate house leader and its good to have a SJ person in charge of that rather then a North Jersey representative. <that opinion is biased based on my location though.

What has he done for South Jersey other than get the Rte 322 bypass in Mullica Hill named "The Steve Sweeney Way". As a gun owner, 2nd Amendment Advocate and South Jersey resident, I can't wait to see him gone. Oh, don't forget his personal horse center in Logan Tsp. We need new blood. Start with Sweeney. Send a message to Trenton.

What has he done for South Jersey other than get the Rte 322 bypass in Mullica Hill named "The Steve Sweeney Way". As a gun owner, 2nd Amendment Advocate and South Jersey resident, I can't wait to see him gone. Oh, don't forget his personal horse center in Logan Tsp. We need new blood. Start with Sweeney. Send a message to Trenton.

1. See that all the time and I laugh every time I see it.

2. GC EMS love the Dream Park because they get good OT for the stand-by's there.  Wait a second... Sweeney pushed the GC EMS....

Any idea who would take his spot as senate president if he loses?  I likely won't vote for him but I don't know how I'll feel in a few months.