Teky0101

Wireless Security Camera's?

Hello Everyone,

I was just asked by one of our church elders to check into a security camera system. I would like to hook up an outdoor wireless system which can be accessed via WIFI and possibly record to an external server. I would need at least 4 camera's to cover the church property. I am looking for a good security system but something that is budget friendly if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

Well,  there are some things here that need to be addressed.

1.  Most security systems have a dedicated "server" where they store the video.  Unfortunately, sometimes these are in a proprietary format and exporting the video can be cumbersome

2.  How many cameras are you looking for?

3.  What is your budget?

4.  Are these cameras going to be exposed to water?

You could look into a inexpensive solution like I put together in my businesses.  I have an Asustor NAS with surveillance station software installed that monitors 4 DLINK DCS-932s with night vision.  The system is recording on movement and is accessible from anywhere in the world.  Also, these cameras support an android / iOS app from for mobile viewing.  They are inexpensive.  The NAS also serves all my data needs as well as the surveillance needs. 

Just something to consider...

NAS Review: http://computingondemand.com/NAS-detail/asustor-as-608t/

Surveillance software on NAS: http://www.asustor.com/admv2?lan=en&type=3&subject=18⊂=64&lan=en#content

PM me if you want more info... I don't sell anything.  Just an IT consultant.

When we hired a nanny I hooked up a Foscam in the living room.  It worked great and it can be viewed from an iphone or computer.  This was for spot checking the nanny and to keep her on her toes.  For the outside I would recommend a wired system with a hard drive dvr.

Wireless is working good for me. the only thing I would say is the wired cameras work better in low light then the wireless. I have 2 of these on a jobsite the cost about $400 each and they record to the cloud so no dvr required. just connect them to your wireless or wired network and your done. They even have a iphone app so you can view the video live and recordings. Also cool is you get a popup notification on your phone whenever it records video at certain times. I always keep them to record on motion only. they are in NJ

http://www.strongmansecurity.com/video-monitoring.html

I didn't go wireless. I use a Bushnell trail camera on my property. It can do motion video or 3-shot picture bursts in HD. Pictures are excellant and date/time stamped. Got the camera at Amazon. $ 199.00. Takes a lot of batties (8 AA), but are supposed to last a year.

Hello Everyone,

I was just asked by one of our church elders to check into a security camera system. I would like to hook up an outdoor wireless system which can be accessed via WIFI and possibly record to an external server. I would need at least 4 camera's to cover the church property. I am looking for a good security system but something that is budget friendly if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

check with jim ticcino at warp7. he's not a member here, but he is on the nj2as facebook. he did my camera system here at the shop, and i feel he did a pretty dam good job.

856-582-6262  tell him john russ told ya to call.

I purchased two of the foscams, they keep losing their wireless connection. Going to hard wire them to correct my problem. Other than that they work pretty good and i get good night vision from them.

I also purchased the Iris security program which is pretty good not to overwhelming for a beginner.