Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Pro-2a signs getting stolen

This is really messed up. The antis really have no shame at all. At least this guy was smart enough to set up a camera. This bonehead gave his entire township a bad name.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/23/fed-up-ny-man-sets-up-hidden-camera-to-find-out-who-was-repeatedly-stealing-his-pro-gun-sign-what-he-discovered-blew-him-away/equhu3u8.jpganutanyv.jpgby7adaru.jpguqujyra3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If the guy was ordered to do it, so be it. But I don't have any experience with this kind of stuff -- shouldn't they at least knock on his door and inform him what they were going to do first before ripping it down? Or is it standard for them to just come onto property and tear it up?

Most towns have a sign ordinance that specify where, when, how, and for how long they can be put up.  If a sign is put up that is in violation then it will be removed.  Usually the township will contract the homeowner.  I've seen PD remove signs but usually that's when they're close to the road and on public right of ways (intersections..etc).

DUPE DUPE DUPE.......... oi vey

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/61275-trail-cameras-and-the-long-arm-of-the-law/

It appears there is a race as to who can post the most conspiratorial information from the web first.................. :D

Yeah the order came down from Obama himself. Lol he really hated that sign

or the LEO was just doing what he was told to do......

READ the whole article..... 

That excuse was used already, at Nuremberg. The BI told him he could leave it up. The property owner also stated that he would fight it in court if necessary. Not sure how you can defend this cops actions. I don't care if he was following orders he should be prosecuted for vandalism, mischief, theft (pile it on as the prosecutors like to do and see what sticks). The person who gave the orders should also be held accountable. I think we can all agree we should all get our day in court, if we so choose, before having bullshit town codes rammed down our throats because of some whining neighbor. 

That excuse was used already, at Nuremberg. The BI told him he could leave it up. The property owner also stated that he would fight it in court if necessary. Not sure how you can defend this cops actions. I don't care if he was following orders he should be prosecuted for vandalism, mischief, theft (pile it on as the prosecutors like to do and see what sticks). The person who gave the orders should also be held accountable. I think we can all agree we should all get our day in court, if we so choose, before having bs town codes rammed down our throats because of some whining neighbor. 

+1

I agree...

Let's not just take it out of the LEO in the pictures.....  He just might be doing what he is told.... 

Out of curiosity I looked up this town to see if the mayor was part of Bloomberg's little gang. This town doesn't have a mayor, it has a supervisor. What the heck is that all about?

That excuse was used already, at Nuremberg. The BI told him he could leave it up.

What are the chances that the BI also told the Chief of Police, and that the Chief flowed said info down to everyone on the street?  More likely is the BI didn't tell anyone and the cop (or his superiors) are following the existing ordinance since they didn't know about the granted exception.  

Still, the whole thing could have been worked out if the cop knocked on the door before removing the sign.

Now we are comparing taking down signs that are non compliant to nuremberg. Amazing. I am really starting to be amazed how much bullshit is posted to this site on a daily basis. I think shawnmoore is the official spam poster. Do we even talk about gun stuff anymore or is it all news articles that if anybody cared about they would just read themselves.

Now we are comparing taking down signs that are non compliant to nuremberg. Amazing. I am really starting to be amazed how much bs is posted to this site on a daily basis. I think shawnmoore is the official spam poster. Do we even talk about gun stuff anymore or is it all news articles that if anybody cared about they would just read themselves.

Keep proving me right blf.

So this post isn't ok but the one about text books is? What a hypocrite.

The cops aren't going to come mow my lawn when it falls outside of the borough ordinance. They will issue me a warning to obey. And then a fine. Why is it any different here? If they had a problem then it should have at the very most removed from the ground a placed somewhere for the owner, and he should have received a fine. There is a right way and a wrong way to take care of something like this.

Most towns have a sign ordinance that specify where, when, how, and for how long they can be put up.  If a sign is put up that is in violation then it will be removed.  Usually the township will contract the homeowner.  I've seen PD remove signs but usually that's when they're close to the road and on public right of ways (intersections..etc).

3r1eqn_large_zps3e46629a.jpg

Now we are comparing taking down signs that are non compliant to nuremberg. Amazing. I am really starting to be amazed how much bs is posted to this site on a daily basis. I think shawnmoore is the official spam poster. Do we even talk about gun stuff anymore or is it all news articles that if anybody cared about they would just read themselves.

I see grammar isn't your strong suit. That wasn't a comparison. 

Wow. You really don't get it do you? You are fully immersed/indoctrinated in the "blue is gold and always smells like roses" camp aren't you? You'll take any and all opportunities to defend a "brother", logic, law, and common decency be damned.

No, of course taking down a sign is not the same thing as the holocaust. But, the comparison, in principal, is perfectly valid. Hiding behind, "just following orders" or "just doing my job" is NOT an excuse for bad, and possibly illegal (unconstitutional) behavior. In fact, going back to the Nuremeberg/holocaust point, it didn't start out with gassing/roasting people alive. It started, "innocently" enough, with calls for increased "law and order", and for being a "good citizen" by following more and more rules; until it was too late to stop what was next.

No, I don't think "Obama" or any other current American political figure has any plans to do anything like mass murder, no matter how "bad" they are. However, they are clearly going to continue to exploit every little crack in the armor of individual liberty, in order, not to kill or maim, but rather to seize more and more control and power, in order to "shape" society into what they see as "right" and "safe". (See, no "tinfoil hat, just a recognition of reality)

As for the second part/point of your post, I see plenty of things about guns. Quite frankly, this is too. It is about civil liberties, and therefor it IS about guns. It is also about free speech, and about freedom from warrantless searches (I know you probably HATE that one, given your apparent attitude towards the "rest" of us who aren't a part of your special little "club"). It is about each and every right and freedom conveyed by the constitution ( and the amendments thereto), as well as what can be considered "natural" rights. You can not separate one freedom from another, as they all support and reinforce each other. No single one can stand in a vacuum, for it then becomes a "privileged" which can be rescinded at any time.

"Gun rights" are inherently political, and inherently anti-"establishment" (given the present government's attack on them). The police are the tools of oppression and enforcement used against us. You should assume they will be not well liked amongst those who ardently support individual liberties, particularly as it pertains to guns. Don;t take it personally. Further, stating a desire to engage in that "oppression", by advocating for censorship of posts/opinions which you don not like, only further reinforces the stereo-type; as does the "cyber-bullying" you and several others engage in against "ShawnMoore" and others who post similar feelings/opinions It does nothing to improve the image of police, in the eyes of those of us who are already disinclined to like/trust you. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    THIS...............^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At times .......It is almost as bad as the rags that are sold at the supermarket checkout line.........

No, not at all. I enjoy a vast majority of the things "ShawnMoore" and others have posted. In many cases, it is information that a.) I am glad I now know, and b.) in many cases, are things I would never have otherwise heard about. There is plenty of content here, for everyone to find something they like. Unless a HUGE portion of the site is deleted, and posts/discussion is strictly limited to practical gun talk only (IE, "My gun is broke, how do I fix it?" - "I'm thinking about buying gun xyz. Is it good?" - "Where can I shoot my gun?" - etc..), there is no fair way to arbitrarily decide what is/isn't "worthy" of discussion. In fact, many "articles" which may seem not directly related to guns, do in fact have a connection. See the second part of response to BLF above.

Also, just as a little side note, yeah ok, maybe the guy has a bit of anti-cop bias, but I don't see very many, if any at all, of his "cop-does-bad-things" articles turning out to be false. So, given the sheer volume of "bad behavior", clearly this is a real trend, and something which is good for the public to know. Again, personally, I appreciate him taking the time to post this stuff. Further, given the usual volume of views, responses and discussion in them in, clearly there are plenty of other people on here who find value in those posts. Again, if you don't, then click on something else.

I didnt read that one. Just read this one unfortunately

Why? You can see, from the "list page" who started the thread. Obviously, you've got a "hard-on" for bullying "ShawnMoore". If you really don't like or have any interest in what he posts, then don't look. There is plenty of other content here for you, without you crapping all over things you, by your own admission, have no interest in reading.  

We get it.. You hate cops..cops are the tip of the sword in the oppression of the US citizenry..cops are crooked, ..cops follow you and your family, cops are paid govt stooges..cops are anti 2a..cops are overpaid...cops get too many perks..cops are the modern day brownshirts..cops need to start disobeying orders.. you and a few of the above posters have made it abundantly clear.. Got it.. Its the same talking points over and over again..PLEASE tell me you have more than that going on in life..PLEASE!

The same can be said about the guys who blindly defend them. I don't hate all cops. I give everyone a chance on an individual basis. But I don't trust cops. I wouldnt post this stuff if it didn't keep on happening.

Cops gather information. Then they use that information to build a case against you. So giving them information is never a good thing because is can be used against you. If instead of just trying to bust people and be top cop they tried helping people we would have this problem.

But yet again the cops on here took this cop being caught as an attack on them personally. It's not but the blue wall won't allow them to think that.

You can go into your setting and ignore me. I've tried making it so certain people can't read my posts but it's not an option. But you can easily put me on you ignore list.

I say the following on a personal level... not as a staff member..

the issue IMO is this... EVERY single news feed shot out on the internet hits your radar and is posted here.. your life.. seems to revolve around conspiracy... I feel that if I made a blog tomorrow.. and posted "we are all doomed I saw UN and AS military forces staged up in the woods and over heard them discussing a "plan"" and then posted a few blurry pictures of something that looks like it might be a military truck.. you would eat that up.. and jump all over it... people get on you because you post EVERYTHING irregardless of the ridiculous source or lack of.. 

this story... a superb example.. it is ONE side to a story... a story where the guy openly admits he was at some point told to take the signs down... 

I am all for freedom.. that is one of the reasons I left NJ... but seriously man... it does NOT feel like you post things to have an intelligent discussion... it feels like you literally throw EVERYTHING out there hoping 1/100000000 of it might stick...

that is why people constantly give you such a hard time... it is painful to think that you are seriously that paranoid...

does our government have our best interests in mind? no probably not...

but is every single action an action intended to disrupt and destroy your freedom? probably not... 

if you made some effort to weed through the nonsense and had some type of reasonable discussion with it... it would not be nearly as bad...

"thug cops violate the rights of so and so"

"cops on attack violating the 1st amendment"

"UN and foreign troops poised for martial law"

how the hell do you get up in the morning thinking the cards are stacked so high against you....