RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! November 2nd at Clinton, NJ WMA

I wouldn't be able to make this one, but for future reference, is it OK if I don't have a shotgun? I'd be able to bring ammo, eyes, ears, clays, snacks, and other stuff, but I don't have a shotgun. I'd really like to meet some of you guys, and have some fun.

Yup your welcome to use my guns

I wouldn't be able to make this one, but for future reference, is it OK if I don't have a shotgun? I'd be able to bring ammo, eyes, ears, clays, snacks, and other stuff, but I don't have a shotgun. I'd really like to meet some of you guys, and have some fun.

I was gonna say "no" until I read you would be able to bring snacks. :locomotive:

im gonna try to get a case of shells and a box of clays tomorrow or friday if i find time after work. if i do i will be there. anyone want to head to EFGA afterwards?

I may be interested never been there before. How far away is it from Clinton?

im gonna try to get a case of shells and a box of clays tomorrow or friday if i find time after work. if i do i will be there. anyone want to head to EFGA afterwards?

Don't get to EFGA before noon this Saturday.  Range maintenance from 8 to noon...

I'll be watching for the next one as I just got my first shotgun. Figure this would be a great opportunity to learn how to use it right. :)

Out of curiousity what's the recommended number of shells to bring?

100-200 rounds would be good, I'd just buy a case of 250 which is usually $60-70. It all depends on how much you want to shoot versus how much you want to bullshit. I've shot over 300 rounds at one but this last one I shot like 75

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

100-200 rounds would be good, I'd just buy a case of 250 which is usually $60-70. It all depends on how much you want to shoot versus how much you want to bs. I've shot over 300 rounds at one but this last one I shot like 75This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Agree, just buy a case of shells ... I usually run through 125-175 each time out.

Also bring at least a case of clay pigeons. Last two outings I brought 3 cases and they disappeared in no time as they are shared amongst shooters .

I usually bring a case of shells and 4 cases of clays but that's just me because I like to shoot a lot.

Typically though, bring enough clays to cover your shooting and a little more for the team. In most cases if we have clays left over, someone will take them home and will bring them back for the next shootout.