Anyone ever buy or trade using armslist? Ive found a gun I would like and the seller is willing to do a trade for a gun I have Im just a little worried about getting ripped off. Any suggestions on how to do this transfer safely? Forgot to mention seller is in another state. Thanks

I recently bought something on Armslist.  The guy is in Ohio.  However, I checked him out thoroughly and he's well reviewed on GunBroker.  If that hadn't been the case, I would not have gone thru with the deal. 

Caveat emptor.

C

I bought an AR upper from a private individual last month, assuming that PayPal would have my back in case something went wrong, and funded the payment via credit card for good measure. But that's before I knew about Paypal being anti-gun. I think I my credit card company would still back me up, but my PayPal account could have gotten frozen in the process.

i've bought a couple things locally through there......that was before i found this forum. i feel i got good deals, and good stuff.

that said, there was a tommygun advertised in north jersey, with the 30? round stick mag. i kept asking if the mag was limited, and only kept getting "it should be ok in nj", but no definitive answer. something didn't rub me right about it, as he didn't seem too forthcoming about the gun.....and he started trying to get pushy with shipping it to me when i told him i was thinking of backing off.......

There's quite a few non nj legal items advertised from nj sellers at times. There's a what I think is a obvious scam item in the shotguns, it's advertised as nj seller but item is also on GB from Illinois, same pics and such

I sell a lot of magpul parts and other accessories on there. I don't advertise guns at all. I do get people asking me for em but 99% of the time as soon as I say you need a firearms I'd and pass a nics check they disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I sell a lot of magpul parts and other accessories on there. I don't advertise guns at all. I do get people asking me for em but 99% of the time as soon as I say you need a firearms I'd and pass a nics check they disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i see your ads on there.

Be very careful. I have bought from out of state with verification. And bought in state FTF, But have called out more than a few scammers. If it is too good to be true it probably is a scam.

also quite a few undesirables trying to buy without proper documentation.

Interesting that you have run into that as well.

I was selling a handgun and had three individuals try to buy without a P2P.

I actually had a thread on here about it possibly being a sting.

Please everyone follow the letter of the law.

I have heard quite a few stories of possible stings thru AL. But the most common is mail fraud.

Check this out and tell me what you think, take notice of the locations, pics and prices.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2211445/nj-shotguns-for-sale--remington-3200-12-ga-over-under-30--barrel-layaway

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=376688023

I've bought and sold on Armslist. I try and do FTF transactions but I wanted a rare Mosin a few months ago and the seller provided a link to his profile on a well-known milsurp forum. He had about 20 reviews, all 100%. I sent him a USPS MO and everything worked out well.