blizzzarddemon

Ar upper other than .233^5.56

I'm looking for an upper for my njgunforum.com ar 15 lower once it come in I don't want a 5.56 as I have an ar in that caliber I would like a 5.7 like the p90 but ammo is hard to find I want an upper where ammo is easy to find I do not know how to reload am not allowed to reload where I live so no suggestion a caliber that is easier to reload then buy new. Also please no 22lr uppers either

I have handguns in

9am

45acp

38spcl

And 357 mag

An upper in those would be cool but would like to skip getting a 9am as I have a kel tec sub 2000

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That's good so I don't have to get diffrent mags any uppers in 300 blackout recommendations

And of farmer

Do I have to get diffrent magazines then what I use in my 5.56 ar to use 5.45x39 and is the primer corrosive like the 7.62x54r

That's good so I don't have to get diffrent mags any uppers in 300 blackout recommendations

And of farmer

Do I have to get diffrent magazines then what I use in my 5.56 ar to use 5.45x39 and is the primer corrosive like the 7.62x54r

No clue but would like to know since I was  also thinking of another upper, I am watching this thread

Russian 5.45X39 will probably be corrosive. Because it is a necked down x39, magazines could be an issue too, as the taper of the shell requires a tapered mag.  Have heard Magpul E-mags have worked but we are not allowed 30 rounders.  P-Mags have be hand modified, but again not in blocked mags.  So finding mags could be an issue.

38/357 does not work well in semi-auto platforms, as the case has a rim at the base for head spacing.  Most common AR rounds headspace on shoulder or case mouth, much easier to do.

300BLK is a shortened 223/5.56 case to accept certain 30 caliber heads.  This allows same bolt and magazines to be used, just a barrel change.

There are about seven or eight different calibers available for use in an AR platform.  Outside of 223/5.56 or 7.62x39 most are not priced to compete with these standard market rounds.  Pistol caliber AR's all have their own individual issues from magazines to bolts, etc.  DDLES does make special AR lowers to run 9MM or 45ACP with Glock magazines.

ive seen this list posted in several forums....not sure where or who would be making alot of these...lol heres a copy/paste

here is an incomplete list but something to get you started:

AR-15, without bolt modification
.17 Remington
.17/223
.20 Tactical
.20 Practical
.20 Vartag
.204 Ruger
.221 Fireball
.222 Remington
.222 Remington Magnum
.223 Remington (5.56x45mm)
.223 Remington Ackley Improved
6x45mm
6mm TCU
6x47mm
6mm Whisper
.25x45mm
6.5mm Whisper
7mm Whisper
7mm TCU
.300 Whisper (.300/221, .300 Fireball)
.338 Whisper

AR-15, with bolt modification
223 WSSM
5.45x39mm (.21 Genghis)
243 WSSM
6mm PPC
6mm WOA
6mm BR Remington
6mm Hagar
6.5mm PPC
6.5 WSSM
6.5 WOA
6.5mm Grendel
25 WSSM
6.8x43mm SPC
.30 Herrett Rimless Tactical (6.8x43mm case trimmed to 41mm and necked up to .308; the 6.8mm version of the .300 Whisper)
7.62x25
7.62x39mm
.30 RAR
300 OSSM
.357 Auto
.35 Gremlin (necked up 6.5 Grendel to 358)
.358 WSSM (various names, but all are some form of a WSSM necked up to 35 caliber, some are shortened to make them big game legal in Indiana)
.458 SOCOM
.50 Action Express
.50 Beowulf

AR-15 using a simple blowback operation
.17 HMR
.22 LR
.22 WMR
9x19mm
9x21
9x23
30 Carbine
357 Sig
40S&W
400 Cor-Bon
41 Action Express
10mm Auto
45 GAP
45ACP
45 Super
45 Win Mag

This list is in no way complete

HOLY $#!+ that place is awesome!!!

I found this on there and I had to keep the computer from falling off my lap.

http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=194

Is it legal for us poor bastards to own???

HOLY $#!+ that place is awesome!!!

I found this on there and I had to keep the computer from falling off my lap.

http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=194

Is it legal for us poor bastards to own???

that is an awesome price but i would check the lead time with Model 1, then see if anyone on the forums can attest to their function, fit, and finish

I the 5.45 looked perfect as ammo is not expensive but from doing research looks like a regular ar mag won't work the mags needs a little modification to the follower and in jersey that's not possible and I only found 30 round specifically for the 5.45

I played around with someone's 7.62x39 AR and it was an absolute blast and just as accurate as 5.56. For a 'different' AR with readily available ammo, that's my choice.

DITTO, well said.....cheap ammo thats not corrosive and mags that are readily available. barrels and BCG's in that caliber can be found at many stores online. 

ARDepot.com is one i know of. I got my whole BCG from them and they automatically install a longer firing pin to get through the Russian primers....that firing pin and a stronger hammer spring from Wolf Springs (www.gunsprings.com) and it goes bang every damn time. Stronger extractor spring will help FTE issues with that particular cartridge. From there, a decent mag and your GTG.