sof

finished buying guns...for now

Well, last March I applied for my first two p2ps and my fid. This morning I think I finished off my 'collection' and I'm pretty satisfied with the end(?) results. Besides my original  Savage Stevens 12gauge, Winchester Model 70 .308 and Remington semi-auto 22lr, in the last 9 months, the newbies are, in order, a Browning Buckmark Hunter 22lr, a CZ SP-01 9mm, a Ruger GP100 357mag/38spec, and this morning a Springfield TRP 45 for the handguns, and a Daniel Defense AR M4V3 AR 15. The 45 and the AR were bought used at really good prices from forum members Lunker and Steve-G. Also, my wife has a Sig P226 with 22lr and 9mm conversions.

To all the guys here who purposefully and unknowingly influenced the research and decision processes and the two members who helped me get way more gun than I thought I could for far less money, my undying thanks. I'm haveing an absolute blast.

Enjoying the forum has been a huge added bonus.

Next, reloading! :)  :)

Congrats,

I've been "done" with my collection twice :). I will never be done. I hope I don't get to Lunker's level of gun exchange(bought two from him) but I know I will never stop collecting.

You might as well apply now for more pistol permits. You will need them

As far as reloading, just do it. Carefully of course.

Got tired of waiting for the S&W 1911 huh to come in?  Nice pick up on the Springfield TRP!

I give you less than a month before you are talking about your next purchase.... :)

Have you read the link about the Chiappa 22 Upper conversion for ARs? .....See what I did there.  :)

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/65920-chiappa-m4-vs-spike-st-22-dedicated-upper-range-report/

Well, last March I applied for my first two p2ps and my fid. This morning I think I finished off my 'collection' and I'm pretty satisfied with the end(?) results. Besides my original  Savage Stevens 12gauge, Winchester Model 70 .308 and Remington semi-auto 22lr, in the last 9 months, the newbies are, in order, a Browning Buckmark Hunter 22lr, a CZ SP-01 9mm, a Ruger GP100 357mag/38spec, and this morning a Springfield TRP 45 for the handguns, and a Daniel Defense AR M4V3 AR 15. The 45 and the AR were bought used at really good prices from forum members Lunker and Steve-G. Also, my wife has a Sig P226 with 22lr and 9mm conversions.

To all the guys here who purposefully and unknowingly influenced the research and decision processes and the two members who helped me get way more gun than I thought I could for far less money, my undying thanks. I'm haveing an absolute blast.

Enjoying the forum has been a huge added bonus.

Next, reloading! :)  :)

I've burned both of my 2 initial P2Ps. So that's it on hand guns until I decide to (and can afford to :D ) step up to .45acp, and then maybe I'll get a 1911 (and, perhaps a .45LC revolver). In the mean time, I'm looking at a 12G semi-auto.

If you are happy with your collection, good for you.

I thought I was done once, twice, 3 times, 4 times, I'm on my 5th time being done, but it's not working.

My only suggestion for you is NOT to MAKE Friends with some people that is on this forum. I'm not gonna start naming names but they are bad influences on your wallet. Once you see a part of their collection, you will never stop buying.

I'm just speaking from experience. Good luck on your retirement.

Nice! Congratulations, but "done" just means there's going to be a new catagory...

Guns I need...

Guns I want...

Guns I would like to have.....

Then start from the beginning and repeat...it never ends!