ryan_j

Almost nobody complied with the Connecticut AWB

New Jersey residents didn't comply 20 years ago. Didn't make a damn bit of difference in the outcome.

Didn't think they had to comply. Thought everything got grandfathered in except for the mags I think.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Or in other words, MOLON LABE.

When Governor Sweeney bans your ARs, will YOU comply? 

Ryan,

We should type it using the Greek letters MOΛΩN ΛΑBE or even μολὼν λαβέ (ancient Greek) this way the libtards won't know how to pronounce it.

Many thanks to the smart ones who did not register!  Your guns will not be confiscated and you will have to stand and

fight for the lemmings that stood in line to comply only to inevitably have their guns taken from them!

Didn't think they had to comply. Thought everything got grandfathered in except for the mags I think.

That wasn't true in NJ or CT (except pre-94 for CT I think) so I think I misunderstand you. In NJ nothing was grandfathered.

That wasn't true in NJ or CT (except pre-94 for CT I think) so I think I misunderstand you. In NJ nothing was grandfathered.

I kind of recall that ARs never had to be turned in because of grandfathering. Just couldn't buy new ones after the awb.

What we were told is you had a choice if the awb came into play.

1) Sell them out of state

2) demill them by pouring cement down barrel or weld them

3) wait for the NJSP come and take them. They also mentioned they might give you 50 bux for it.

I had a traditional Colt AR15 which I ended selling out of state then found I never had to. This is what I recollect but I could be just not remembering it. No matter... :)

I kind of recall that ARs never had to be turned in because of grandfathering. Just couldn't buy new ones after the awb.

3) wait for the NJSP come and take them. They also mentioned they might give you 50 bux for it.

I had a traditional Colt AR15 which I ended selling out of state then found I never had to. This is what I recollect but I could be just not remembering it. No matter... :)

They don't have to turn them in CT, either. They simply become illegal if not registered and you become a criminal, same as happened in Jersey. That's not what I consider grandfathering.

They don't have to turn them in CT, either. They simply become illegal if not registered and you become a criminal, same as happened in Jersey. That's not what I consider grandfathering.

Gotchya.....

Oops, well, saying they don't have to turn them in is probably confusing on my part.

To keep it simple, in both cases (CT and NJ), they become illegal and you become a criminal if they are not registered. Yes I believe you could sell them out of state or turn them in.

Oops, well, saying they don't have to turn them in is probably confusing on my part.

To keep it simple, in both cases (CT and NJ), they become illegal and you become a criminal if they are not registered. Yes I believe you could sell them out of state or turn them in.

This opens a Pandora's box for those in CT that did not register. Say they are pulled over for a simple traffic stop on the way to a range and for whatever reason the LEOs find

one of these unregistered AW's. Do they arrest the guy and charge him with a felony, or let him go since there may be 100,000 or more just like him and CT does not have the resouces

to prosecute and jail that many? After all, they are just exercising their Constitutional rights.

I'll never understand how states have the right to usurp our rights under the Constitution. I assume they hide behind the word INTERPRETATION!

I bet a bunch of them got one of those pistol-grip free stocks for the ARs, which make them have zero evil features and not subject to the ban and no registration required.

They have the same thing in NY.

Ugly as hell but compliant.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/14/cosmetic-tweaks-to-ar-15-thwart-new-york-ban-on-assault-rifles/

AR15pic2.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

This opens a Pandora's box for those in CT that did not register. Say they are pulled over for a simple traffic stop on the way to a range and for whatever reason the LEOs find

one of these unregistered AW's. Do they arrest the guy and charge him with a felony, or let him go since there may be 100,000 or more just like him and CT does not have the resouces

to prosecute and jail that many? After all, they are just exercising their Constitutional rights.

I'll never understand how states have the right to usurp our rights under the Constitution. I assume they hide behind the word INTERPRETATION!

Same as what happened in Jersey. They go to jail. Not all 100,000 at once, just as many as they catch each year.

I bet a bunch of them got one of those pistol-grip free stocks for the ARs, which make them have zero evil features and not subject to the ban and no registration required.

They have the same thing in NY.

Ugly as hell but compliant.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/14/cosmetic-tweaks-to-ar-15-thwart-new-york-ban-on-assault-rifles/

AR15pic2.jpg?ve=1&tl=1 the article 

In the linked article was  another linked  product called the 'spur" by S&B Products which replaces the pistol grip evil feature. Looks like another cheap ($24.99) fix to make the AR15 compliant for the ultra evil zero features option. Not bad looking either and you keep your stock.

http://ar15spur.com/purchase.html

These little weird grip things would also be useful if, for instance, you know someone with an AR variant that still has a bayonet mount on it, or a flash suppressor on it.  Rather than cut off or otherwise remove those, swap out the grip with a non-evil non-pistol grip to knock the evil feature count down to a NJ legal 1 without having to start cutting steel.

These little weird grip things would also be useful if, for instance, you know someone with an AR variant that still has a bayonet mount on it, or a flash suppressor on it.  Rather than cut off or otherwise remove those, swap out the grip with a non-evil non-pistol grip to knock the evil feature count down to a NJ legal 1 without having to start cutting steel.

The general consensus is that is still a pistol grip in NJ.   

So universal background checks and registration won't lead to confiscation or more?

The Hartford Courant published a article which contained the following statement----

"But the bottom line is that the state must try to enforce the law. Authorities should use the background check database as a way to find assault weapon purchasers who might not have registered those guns in compliance with the new law."

http://articles.courant.com/2014-02-14/news/hc-ed-gun-registration-20140214_1_new-law-gun-registration-military-style-assault-weapons

I've often wondered what would happen if 50,000 of us pistol owners in NJ showed up to protest our crappy non-existent ccw laws in Trenton? Do they lock up a whole city worth of people or finally listen?As far as I can tell there is no way our government is ever going to stop what it is now doing to kill one right after another. No matter what we do or feel there is always going to be more of the leeches on society's teat than hard working freedom loving types.

The general consensus is that is still a pistol grip in NJ.   

How does the spur possibly be a pistol grip.  The item described in the post http://ar15spur.com/purchase.html can't possibly be a pistol grip.  There is nothing to grip.

There was no blanket grandfathering in NJ when they passed the AWB. I also lived through it and your options were:

1. Turn it in (I don't remember them offering any compensation).

2. Sell it or move it out of state.

3. Render it inoperative. You could do this with any firearm on the list. Removal of the firing pin was enough. You didn't have to weld it up. You also had to register it as inoperative and pay a $5 registration fee. This was the most misunderstood option IMO. I knew people who removed the firing pin figuring they complied but didn't register it. They may as well left it operable as NJ turned them into felons. There was no option of making a gun compliant by cutting off the bayonet lug and flash surpressor. The "substantially identical" law came out later.

4. You could keep an AR15, M1 Carbine, or M1A operative as they could be used in Service Rifle competition but there were several requirements. You had to join a club that held NRA events. Cherry Ridge got a boost in membership due to this and they advertised it pretty good. You could then register it for a $50 fee. If you use it in competition you can also keep the normal 20 and/or 30 rd magazines.

The NJSP maintain the registration of assault weapons in the same database as handguns. Entries are coded to indicate if they were registered operative or inoperative.

How does the spur possibly be a pistol grip.  The item described in the post http://ar15spur.com/purchase.html can't possibly be a pistol grip.  There is nothing to grip.

IIRC, the law regarding a pistol grip is worded something like "extending below the action or receiver".  Same reason a thumb hole stock is still a pistol grip.

Besides, it's ugly as hell.

I've often wondered what would happen if 50,000 of us pistol owners in NJ showed up to protest our crappy non-existent ccw laws in Trenton? Do they lock up a whole city worth of people or finally listen?

As far as I can tell there is no way our government is ever going to stop what it is now doing to kill one right after another. No matter what we do or feel there is always going to be more of the leeches on society's teat than hard working freedom loving types.

Good luck getting 500 of them to show up ....much less committing a felony........hell someone had posted recently something like only 10-15% could be bothered to even vote......so it just emboldens them to continue on with their stripping our rights agenda

I'm confused, do I have to register long guns in new jersey, let's say I have an AR-15, wasr 10, m&p15-22 do they have to be registered?

As was given the answer is no.

However, if you had an old lower that was stamped AR15 it would be an AW and you would be a felon no matter how compliant the upper is.

The term AR or AR15 is widely applied to that type of rifle and as long as it is not substantially identical or marked AR15 it is as legal as a single shot 22. For now anyway.